E200 - wheres the ContactWiz stated in the book??

Guest rikwebb

Guest rikwebb

Got the e200 yesterday, and have been too busy playing to move all my contacts accross.... But looking in the manual, its saying to use the ContactWiz as follows

press start

scroll to orange

Press action key

scroll to ContactWiz **

Press action key

** I dont have this menu option.

Does anyone else have this?

Rik

Guest Upfinder

Thanks Paul that saved me looking any further. Shame it looked useful, but I suppose I could just start with my old SIM in. All i need now is to work out how to get my Palm contacts over - sure there will be something posted.

Guest Digiboy

Yes. I had the same problem. Not sure about ContactsWiz but for email setup, go to SMS Inbox, MENU, OPTIONS, ACCOUNT SETUP. Then select NEW and it sends you to the Email Setup procedure.

Should keep OCS busy with calls for a good while. :?

Guest Digiboy

Might be a TOG-type problem, Jon :lol:

Try .... SMS Inbox, MENU, OPTIONS, ACCOUNT SETUP. Then select MENU (bottom right) and NEW and it should send you to the Email Setup procedure on my E200.

(Bring back Wogan's Web)

;)

• 4 months later...
Guest mattartist
Got the e200 yesterday, and have been too busy playing to move all my contacts accross.... But looking in the manual, its saying to use the ContactWiz as follows

press start

scroll to orange

Press action key

scroll to ContactWiz **

Press action key

** I dont have this menu option.

Does anyone else have this?

Rik

Hi, i've just downloaded Contactwiz as an Orange update. It amazed me when it recognised my Nokia 8610 and started downloading all my SIM and Phone contacts via IR from the 8610. Great I thought. Trouble now is trying to find all those new numbers on the e200 and integrating them into my contacts list. I'll be looking but if anyone knows i'd be much obliged.

cheers

Guest mattartist

Tried Contactwiz again and to add the downloaded details to 'Contacts' it's a case of clicking menu>1. Add all , after the download. This, i think is a brilliant tool! Almost started to believe it wasn't possible.

Guest inliner
Does ContactWiz just "Cut and Paste" or "Copy & Paste" i.e. does it erase all your 8610 contacts, or are they still there?

accessing the other phone contacts is bad enough when you just enabled infrared on it :D

they remain there and you can tick the boxes of the ones you'd like to import in your E200.

Guest mattartist
Does ContactWiz just "Cut and Paste" or "Copy & Paste" i.e. does it erase all your 8610 contacts, or are they still there?

yeah, contacts remain in 8610.

Incidentally, (this probably deserves another post but while we're on the subject ...) does anyone know how to make e200's contact details default to 'firstname' 'surname', rather than 'surname','first name'?

Cheers