De-Certitng MPx200 = Spoke to Orange

Guest gunark

Last night (Friday) I sopke to 156 Orange tech help and asked about de-certification and the guy knew what I was talking about and said he expectedit to be 'no longer than two weeks'. Excellent - PocketDivx and SmartNES here I come!

Guest briggsie1

That is good news mate!! :lol:

because i spoke to orange yesterday and the lady i spoke to didnt have a clue and told me to contact Motorola. :?

Did he mention how it was going to be realesed e.g orange website? Iwas getting abit worried for second, because ive manged to get all the sorted for my old spv and i cant even run the action register on the moto bcause its not digitally signed.

cheers

Did he mention how it was going to be realesed e.g orange website

No but I said about unlocking the SPV on the website as the part of the converstion so it would seem that may be the way. It has a section on developers.orange.com so that may be an indication that something will appear there at some point. The only downside is they make quite a point of it being locked to keep it secure (but as the US MPx is unlocked, there should eventually be some way).

Guest Bunchie

I actually sent an email through that website to the Orange developers but I am sadly still waiting on a response! :roll:

I might call them a bit later and see what the latest news is. I am so desperate to get this unlocked. If we keep the pressure on in the end they will have to do something.

Guest Bunchie

It definitely is mate! I feel that its perhaps being a little overshadowed by the simultaneous release of the E200 but i'm sure when more and more people get hold of them they will realise how truely great it is!

It's a damn sight sleeker than it looked on the web ...

... it's a bit slow at PC to Phone transfer, I've found myself uploading to the SD card via my camera as it seems to be somewhat faster.

It's my first SmartPhone and not much work has been done today as you can imagine. Spend a littlke time tweakign it about so I could get it out of my firwall and back in a again via VPN and shock, horror it's 15:30!!!!

:idea: Might have a play with Microsoft Mobile Information Server later this week ... for business reasons you understand :wink: