Buzzing

Guest Firaas

I'm getting a really annoying buzzing noise in the background when someone speaks down the phone - best demonstrated by a call to 150.

It sounds like the vibration of something caused by the speaker, and is difficult to describe.

Am I the only one?

Guest psneddon

No I think it is like that on all e200's and I am hopeful that it will fixable in software as it only happens with bassy sounds it does not happen badly on all calls but I must say that compared to the original SPV i had the quality is aweful.

Saying that the quality of ringtones is good which also makes me that it may be at least part cause by software.

Regards,

Paul

Just phoned 156 for some help on getting bluetooth dialup working and the buzzing tinny sound was awefull! - I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned more. I'm sure it's a software issue though but how long must we wait for a fix? Looking at the situation with the spv/spv e100 it will be a very long time.

The speakerphone on the other hand is impressive.

Guest danbassy

Just got my E200, not really impressed with the buzzing/vibration noise... i might send it back and get the mpx200... Do you really think a software fix will sort this out?? i think it is just the build quality.

Guest wbloore
No I think it is like that on all e200's and I am hopeful that it will fixable in software as it only happens with bassy sounds it does not happen badly on all calls but I must say that compared to the original SPV i had the quality is aweful.  

The sound on my E200 is fine - as good as the original SPV. So I would be surprised if the problem that a lot of people seem to be experiencing is software related.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Yeh, surely if its a fault with the speakerphone itself then its harware related :?: Mine varies from time to time but 90% of the time I get a clean and clear voice call :lol:

spacecowboy

Guest acharalambous

Yeah, I got the E200 on friday, played with it all day and then actually made a phone call with it in the evening. Awful sound quality. It got so's I couldnt understand some of what the person on the other end was saying. How could this not have been picked up on during testing?

I love the phone, but sadly, it still has to function like a phone, and as far as making calls is concerned, it doesn't work properly so I'm sending mine back.

I do hope this is fixable, and when I hear that the problems been solved, then I might buy another one. Until then, I'll stick to my nokia 8210. Not exactly a smartphone, but the sound quality is crisp and clear.

This was annoying me as well. Tried the supplied headset to test voice call quality and there it was, a buzzing sound though not quite as tinny as from the internal speaker.

Its a bit like the gain has been turned up too far overdriving the speakers.

Looks like a software issue to me and I'll be keeping the phone.

Guest steeevc

Yeh my speaker is really buzzy as well, seems to improve if you push hard against the case next to it which suggests a problem with the speaker.

I've also found my screen flickers slightly sometimes, especially when playing games with sound.

Maybe a dodgy batch..?

Guest bikespod

:lol: mine too folks. getting a new one sent out tomorrow. will let you know how it goes. they haven't heard of this problem yet at faults centre, so maybe it is a bad batch

Guest snakeeater

I noticed it too. It doesnt really bother me that much as the phone is such a capable phone in so many other areas, although it would be nice if it didnt happen.

One thing worth noting, when speaking to someone via bluetooth using the M3000 Plantronics headset the quality is far better, almost perfect.

Whats that all about :oops:

PS: Does the other person get a poor quality too or is it just on us E200 owners side?

Guest bikespod

sorry to tell you, but the faults dept person at orange could hear the appalling sound quality too. keep fingers crossed for this replacement. i'm gutted, i haven't even had a chance for a proper play yet. i will prob keep it anyway as no other phone can really offer all this. unless anyone knows different?? let me know as diff handset is the next stage should i choose to go down this route. :lol: ;) :(

Guest mdw_cubed

Mines buzzing to :lol:

Dialed 152 this morning (first call on the phone) and there's the buzzing sound.

Rang home as well and could hear the buzzing.

:? Don't know whether to get a replacement.

Mark

Guest bikespod

just got a replacement e200 and bad news folks. its exactly the same. buzz buzz that bloody fly is still in there. hope it is software related. also just noticed the bug where some of the text vanishes while typing is still present and incorrect!Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest mdw_cubed

I'm wondering whether it is the speaker at all. I played some music through Media Player player and there was no buzz at all. :?

I haven't tried it with dialogue through Media Player yet though.

Guest gameonthego

Its not the speaker cause I have a bluetooth headset and its the same in that most the time. Its the bass level of the call - some weird resonnance efffect.

Funny enough if you hold the phone slightly farther away from your ear it gets better.

I hope that the software can be tweaked to change the audio output but I doubt this since the telephony software is all done seperate I think.

unfortunatly folks it is because of the new speaker phone, its much louder the the orig. the nokia 6100 has the exact same prob :cry:

DOES ANYONE TEST THESE PHONES?!?!