How impressed Are You With The E-200 ?

Guest spacecowboy6982

"Irritated. The amount of bugs that have appeared already shock me !"

The hardware and the 2003 edition of Smartphone are excellent but the bugs I've come across after just 1 day is unacceptable. In summary:

The worst of all being the tinny/buzzing sound in a call. Call quality should be the #1 priority before bringing a new phone to market - I just can't understand how this slipped though.

The bluetooth modem functionality is not working either. Surely they tested for interoperability between various handhelds/laptops, and if they did and it works then where's the documentation for it?

I don't use T9 myself but for other people the constant loss of the T9 dictionary must be irritating to say the least.

If the above issues were resolved then I would choose the 1st or 2nd option.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Call quality is fine on mine, and the modem functionality definitely does work if you configure its properly!

Battery life is a joke in my opinion though...

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Paul, please post here with details on how to get gprs over bluetooth working when paired with a pocket PC and/or desktop/laptop because so far we're all at a loss as to how to do it.

Guest statscat
"Irritated. The amount of bugs that have appeared already shock me !"

The hardware and the 2003 edition of Smartphone are excellent but the bugs I've come across after just 1 day is unacceptable.  In summary:

The worst of all being the tinny/buzzing sound in a call.  Call quality should be the #1 priority before bringing a new phone to market - I just can't understand how this slipped though.

The bluetooth modem functionality is not working either.  Surely they tested for interoperability between various handhelds/laptops, and if they did and it works then where's the documentation for it?

I don't use T9 myself but for other people the constant loss of the T9 dictionary must be irritating to say the least.

If the above issues were resolved then I would choose the 1st or 2nd option.

bless with all the capital expenditure cuts Orage have to make due to France Telecoms indebtedness that the answer is most likely

1. Some lowly memeber of staff suggested this would be a good thing

2. Manager said "NOT BUYING THE EQUIPMENT" buy it yourself

3. staff though "hmm me thinks not"

4. Nothing happened

its the ususal story on these things in big corporates, that said I do like me E200 I agree battery life could be better I don't however suffer from the buzzing noise in conversations (when I got my new phone and rang my mate, they were like "You must have a new phone" I can hear you). SO I guess its down to HTC quality control.

I agree though that more tetsng need to be carried out and that the manuals need to be far more technial, but I just don't think that it is ever going to happen :lol: there is no "will to do this" from the business