Post upgrade issues

Guest aallex

After the upgrade of the red e to Smartphone 2003, there are some problems I have noticed, some of them already mentioned in other posts, some not:

- Upon connecting to the PC via USB, the proxy settings don't update automaticaly, as it did on 2002 - probably a syncronization problem with IE settings. I have to set up manually the setting.

- The phone frozes every time I let him in stand-by, without making something with it. I have to remove the battery and then restart

- The battery emties quickly - someone said something about an IR Coonection active - how do I disable it?

I will come back later with new isses. Any sugestions to those said above?

Thank you for your time.

Guest patrick_dube

I too hae the freezing problem, but it happens once in about 100 times (display time out is activated).

The USB connection is unreliable. It does'nt wotk on my Tyan Tiger MP, but it works on my Gateway portable. I need to activathe the phone to establish the connection (backlight on) but it works pretty well after that, even in stand-by mode.

• 2 weeks later...

When connecting to PC via USB, the phone not only doesn't charge, but it discharges instead pretty fast.

Microsoft should make an upgrade to the bin images to fix these problems.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bpopham

It appears that the T9 absense is a change in the firmware rather the Smartphone 2003 image. It is interesting to note that the T9 behavior still works when navigating in the Contacts, so much of the capability has been built into the Smartphone 2003 software - it just isn't usable when entering text.

Also - before the firwmware upgrade, the phone definitely charged while plugged into the USB port, and it definitely drains quickly now while plugged in. This also seems likely to be a firmware gap.

Is there likely to be another build soon? Who would be releasing this?