E200 what SD card? Toshiba incompatable?

Guest AdrianFRST

Guest Thurstan

Right this is a real weird one:

I've been using a 128MB SD card (Integral) since the early days in an original SPV, E100 and then E200.

Got a handset replacement delivered today, and the phone won't detect the card - it was working fine in my old E200 (with the latest ROM update installed) yesterday, and works in two other E200s I've tested.

Now in my frustration I've managed to delete all the stuff that was on it =D> - which is by-the-by really I spose if it won't even work.

Is there anything I can do, or do I need a new card?

If so, I'm plumping for a 256MB model - but which ones DEFINITELY work??? ](*,)

EDIT: Right, I've decided I can't wait and am just about to order one of them Transcend jobbies described above!

Guest Lingerhosen

Have you tried re-formatting it with a card reader or Task Manager? Apparently this can spark them back into life sometimes?

(BTW, if the new card doesn't work, I've never heard of you, I don't know this site, let alone visit, and I positively DEFINITELY know nothing about memory cards, okay?...)

*Looks nervously around before slowly sideling to the exit*

:D

Guest Thurstan

He he like the disclaimer 8)

Yeah tried the re-format on Task Manager but no joy. Very weird how it used to work but won't now....

Guest delski

Hi...

Just put a new sandisk ultra 2 512meg card in phone, worked first time....will keep u updated, sigh of relif here i can tell ya...:D

Del

Guest Lingerhosen

Like i say, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont... my transcend card is still working but time will tell! Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest pd.ryder

Thursten - - you got that Transcend card yet? Does it work? Gotta get more space to store all this crap on!

BTW - answered my own dippy question about MP3's above - they are supported on WMP!

Guest pd.ryder

Off I go to Offtek then. All's I need now are some decent headphones with a 2.5mm jack (I'll live without a mic) and a playlist creator that doesn't eat memory and I'm away :D

Guest Lingerhosen

Hurrah, my commission payment is assured! (joke! :P ) Which speed did you go for in the end? And definitely pm me when you get the jack supplier as it is SO necessary! Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest efjay

Hi again, got myself a 512 transcend from Offtek, ordered yesterday and arrived today (great service), so far no problems copying 2 movies to card

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Will Hay

Man, I'm looking for an SD card and having read all of the above I'm none the wiser :P

I figure if I buy from the same store I bought the phone I can't go wrong, and prices don't seem too bad to me....

mobileshop

Has anyone bought a SD card from these?

Will

EDIT: What the hell am I doing wrong with the code????? :evil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest blahdyblah

Just bought a Kingston 512MB SD and the thing just hangs the phone when i try and write to it!! :x Not sure if it is multi layer or single.. Has anyone got any advice on these cards??? :?:

Guest blahdyblah

Not to worry. I just got my new Transcend 512MB SD from www.offtek.co.uk and it works a treat!!! :) :lol: :lol: Offtek have a compatibility checker which worked brilliantly!! 10/10

• 2 weeks later...