Has anyone activesync'd with infrared on XP Pro with MPX200?

Guest salad_tosser

Guest salad_tosser

Using MPX200, ActiveSync 3.6 and 3.7, XP Prof., IR Port with USB IRDA adapter, and ActiveSync configured to use COM/infrared port, I cannot get synced over infrared. Someone told me that this is because you can only ActiveSync an MPX200 over infrared IF the host system is Server 2003.

Is this correct? If not, wtf am I doing wrong?

ST

Guest salad_tosser

Forgot to mention that Xp says it recognizes that my phone is "within range", but phone says "not connected." I have been able to tranfer files to it using that feature, but not Activsync.

Guest salad_tosser

I go to ActiveSync/Menu/Connect via IR...

And nothing happens. And the dialogue at the top says "Not Connected." Doing with an SPV E100 is different than MPX200; I had heard there was a specific "problem" (feature) with the MPX 200 where it wouldn't ActiveSync via Infrared unless you were using Server 2003.

i use active sync (3.7) via IR and USB using XP Professional. i had one episode where IR didn't connect. from ActiveSync, i chose File->Connection settings and i disabled the "Allow serial cable or Infrared connection to com port" then restarted my PC. next, from ActiveSync, i chose File->Connection settings and i enabled the selection and chose "Infrared Port (IR)" from the combo box. finally, i opened Outlook 2003, connected via IR and everything has been working since...hope this helps!

Guest salad_tosser

it worked. you're awesome. thanks cortez!

i have a question; i will ask here and post anew as well:

i know for sure that i can use my cell phone as a modem to access the 'Net from my laptop via USB.

can i do the same via infrared? has anyone succeeded in doing this?

glad to know it's working now! oh, i haven't been able to use the phone as a modem with IR... i suspect you'd have to disable the IR connection in ActiveSync so IR is available for modem access. good luck with that!!! :lol: