Chinese support for MPX200 ??

Guest dbz_gt

Hi, a guy from HKG.

I am going to buy this dream phone and I know this device

is running from Smartphone 2002. Can anyone know any

add-on program which can read and write chinese.

tkx all of u

Thank you very much :lol:

Guest oceandeep

i am from HKG too,

there is currently no workaround for Chinese. It is quite frustrating since i cant see any sms/email from my friends written in Chinese. it seems tat motorola is being to rush in pushing this to the market, its very irresponsible to do so since HKG is also a Chinese community.

Tkx your reply !

That's mean we have only three choice :

1. Waiting for an add-on program for MPX200

2. Waiting for SM2003 released by Moto ????

3. Looking for another Smartphone (Mio 8390) ???

• 1 month later...

Here a HK guy as well :lol:

I've been told by a salesguy in Wanchai Computer Center that there is a chinese language pack available. It enables you to read and write in chinese, but does not give you chinese menus. Haven't bought it since it's no use for me anyway.

Another option would be O2 Xphone. I used it for 1 day, but I like my MPX200 better. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've scanned through a pile of search results, as well as my user guide, but am still at a loss. I just bought the xphone......it is awesome.....but I cannot read Chinese on it. I thought the 03 OS supported Chinese?? It's even got Chinese on the box and the sales rep in the shop told me it had Chinese, but I can't find it! :? Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Or maybe a link to a plug-in? I don't want Chinese menus, just the ability to read Chinese messages, text etc.

Cheers!

Hmm. I don't know whether you can have English menus and still read Chinese. I tried to play with BT discovery with a headset, and I had something popping up in Chinese once, while the menu was set to English. So, maybe it does support it??....

If you want chinese menus, you need to go to your language settings and choose whatever you like, and reboot the phone for it to become effective.

Hmm. I don't know whether you can have English menus and still read Chinese. I tried to play with BT discovery with a headset, and I had something popping up in Chinese once, while the menu was set to English. So, maybe it does support it??....

If you want chinese menus, you need to go to your language settings and choose whatever you like, and reboot the phone for it to become effective.

Thanks fb. Actually there is no option for Chinese. However, like you, I was browsing some site and there was definitely an option (and characters were on the screen), but I can't set the phone to read Chinese for SMS.....

I lost the cool home page today too.....strange......i think it was the 02 one, but it won't reload and sometimes I lose it altogether and have to reselect it.......small issues only so far.....no buzzing, inclusion of an SMS counter, no crashing using the camera......battery life not too terrible! Not looking forward to my next bill though

fb, another thing.....I can read Chinese SMS on my T68 (with English language menu and settings) and I found a free software download for my PPC to read Chinese text (keeping my English systems settings).........but am still waiting and hoping for guidance on getting a plug-in reader for my xphone......anyone??

Hmm, I asked again at the shop, and this time they said there's no such software for the smartphone yet. Maybe I was braindead the other day hehe. I would recommend you to get back to O2 with your SMS problem, after all it makes no sense to have Chinese menus with no support for Chinese SMS. BTW, I do not have the O2 anymore, so I can't simulate your findings. Can you type Chinese SMS?

Hi fb. Thanks for your reply and thanks for asking the shop.

Actually, my xphone has English menus...there is no option to switch to Chinese (and Norsk isn't too useful for me). Definitely no way to type Chinese SMS (but I don't mind that so much).

I tried to contact O2, but it's a joke. O2 doesn't operate here (Taiwan) and the on-line help feature on the website doesn't work. :cry: Of course, there's no dial-up helpline number (unless you have an O2 SIM......I don't.) :?

It's ok. The computer mall is just 30 seconds walk from my home :)

Huh? I thought you have a Chinese version? If so, you may try setting your menu to chinese first via your locale and reboot your Xphone. After doing that you should have chinese menus and it should be possible to read Chinese sms messages. If not, I guess you're out of luck for the time being...

Xphone sold in Asia actually comes in two (or more?) versions... eventhough the boxes for both types say the phone has English and Chinese menus. But if you have the English only version the locale setting will not have Chinese, and you can't display Chinese...

Mio sold in Taiwan comes with an add-on program for displaying Chinese, but it's apparently not available separately.

(I have the Xphone that's English only and the box says English and Chinese.)

FRiC, we're in the same boat.....I guess I have an English xPhone (bought in Singapore where most of the population speak Chinese)....there is no local/regional setting with Chinese. I guess I'll just have to wait until one of you MoDaCo genii come up with a plug-in......I'd be happy to open my wallet for such a service!

Cheers for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...