Any chance of buying an MPx200 for 400USD?

Guest ranzz

Is it sold on O PAYG?

Or a similiar prepaid system on AT&T?

Couldn't seem to find a decent price on eBay (by non-cheaters) and the regular internet stores that sell them are asking for 600$! no way.

I reckon buying it sim locked from AT&T or Orange on a prepaid basis will be the cheapest way, and then unlocking it for 10$-20$.

So does anyone have a smart solution for me? I live in Israel but will have the phone picked up for me either from England or USA, that shouldn't be a problem... I'll appreciate any help (including just whether or not it's sold on prepaid basis).

Or if someone is up for buying an MPx200 on a good plan where he will get the phone for free and sell it to me for a nice handful of money, and still keep the sim with the free minutes or low tarriff or whatever..

Guest Bunchie

I'd give it a little bit of time. As more and more people buy the phone it will become more widespread cos its still quite rare at the moment. They will start popping up on Ebay and such places at reasonable prices after a bit of time i would have thought and not the crazy £400 they are asking at the moment! :lol:

Also, if you're a California resident, you can get an MPx200 for $375-399 (depending on the week) off the shelf at Fry's Electronics. That's what I did. $14 unlocking fee later, and it works excellently on T-Mobile. With a few customized screens and registry hacks the phone is now 100% devoid of all AT&T-isms and the screenprinting of their logo comes off the phone easy enough. Now to get MMS working...

www.amazon.com has them for $399.99 without service activiation.

Thanks, but I looked at Amazon and it looks like a totally different picture:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...reless&n=507846

"Our Price: $249.99 (when purchased with service plan)"

400$ without activation would've been great, but I don't think it exists unfortunately. :?

Thanks to you too Tugrik, but I'm looking for an online store that can ship the item...

they are available at amazon.com for US$399 without activation.... look for the link at the bottom of the service plan lists under "Phone only purchase"

-Richard