Application unlock (decert) your Orange UK MPx200

Guest alphaflux

Guest awarner [MVP]

At the beginning of this topic :)

Depending on the age of your Orange MPX the cab file may not work and the only option your have is the OTA application unlock method.

PS Welcome to the site :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest siuppdens
At the beginning of this topic :)

Depending on the age of your Orange MPX the cab file may not work and the only option your have is the OTA application unlock method.

PS Welcome to the site :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all :(

i am the owner of a brand new MPX200. 2 days after i bought it ... i realized that WM2002 was toooo old. Well ... i realized this only after having known that there is a wm2003 :D .

So i got and installed it (when i turn it on, after the Windows Mobile appears another screen saying "extended rom coded by M.S." with a Motorola logo). Dunno which build it is cause dunno how to check it :(

I spent the whole nite reading this thread and i realized a veery important thing .. that only Orange phones are soft locked.

Ok,

now ... i live in Switzerland, and i use the Sunrise mobile provider without any problem (this means my mpx200 is sim unlocked right ?:( ).

I'm not an Orange user , so it should be soft unlocked too !

But it happens me frequently to read "installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate".

now, ehm...i suppose this means that my mpx200 is soft locked :D

I tried to install the first cabs by Alphalux..but EVERY cab i try to install gives a "XXXX failed to install on your device". I tried the first unlock , the lock one, the second unlock (app only) ... always the same thing. Impossible to install those cabs.

The i tryed to launch the Unlock3.exe.

Sometimes it completes successfully and sometimes it asks me to relaunch a second time, cause it completed the "initial configuration" process. And the second time it finishes with "unlock:success".

BUT ... i continue to have the same identical problems in installing (for example) the alphalux unlock.cab ("XXXX failed to install on your device").

The i read about the Orange url, that unlocks the mpx200 using the IMEI. The problem is that i'm not an Orange user !!

i love this little treasure i have in my hands but ... damn...i cannot install my applicationss !!! :P

can someone please gimme a clue on what's happening ?

can i use the ORANGE unlock link anyway ? (it's the only option i've not yet tried).

Thank you to everybody in advance :lol:

Alex

Guest siuppdens

..i forgot:

i tried to hard reset the phone too. Same problems.

Question:

is there a secure way to understand if my phone is soft locked/unlocked AND/OR sim locked/unlocked ?

Alex

Guest awarner [MVP]

Your phone will not be application locked as it is not possible with the 2003 ROM.

What are you trying to install that gives you the message?

Guest NeoDragoN

Hi guys

New here and have a prob with my Mpx200 UK on Orange. I tried the alphaflux.cab and all i got was Inadeqaute System permissions. So i decided to have a bit more of a look around and found newer Mpx200's ( mines only 3 months old ) needed to be decerted on the orange development site, so i entered my details and clicked to decert. waited 30 mins nothing happened, so i enetered my details again and waited another 30 mins, still no message on my phone so i decided to load up an uncerted cab anyway and lo and behold it ran! :D

The phone had become decertified so i loaded it allup with the usual stuff like doom and betaplayer and everything was fine. Then the next day i turn my phone on and i find everything had been reset my home screen back to default, all the shortcuts put in there usual place and the decertify had been LOST!?! :shock:

So i go back to oranges site and try to decertify again, i've tried like 3 times over the last 10 hours and the phone won't unlock again!

Has this happned to anyone else and does anyone have any advice on what i should do?

Any help muchly appreciated,

Alex

Guest awarner [MVP]

The problem you are having with the OTA could a simple one like not entering your phone number in the correct format.

You can always contact the developers site and they can create an

unlock cab designed for your phone.

All you need to do is give themyour phone details including IMEI

Guest muslim4eva1989

Hi! I am new to this and would really appreciate some help from anyone that can give it to me. In the directions for installing this unlock thing on your mpx200, you say you have to download first (done), and then copy it to your phone. That is where I get stuck. Now I have the cd and the sync program, I just dont know how to get it there. I tried all I could but it still didnt work :roll: . If anyone can please help me email me at : [email protected] PLZ!

P.S. How do I find out if my phone is svp?

Thank you so much for your time and help every1! :D

yeah the alphaflux unlock doesnt work on newer mpx200's as there rom has been changed slightly

you need to use the ota - see the guide in the articles section

• 5 weeks later...
Guest imguser2004

Hi,

I tried to run the CAB file in my MPX200 but its giving message 'Installation Failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate'.

I donot know what to do next. Please suggest.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mors3

alphaflux and all you guys helping him out here, I gotta say cheers, you lot put in a serious amount of work of work to get this sorted..

I was having issues, and constantly walking around in wider and wider confused circles till I sat down and read this thread through post by post.

history:

its a orange phone passed down to me cos a mate got his upgraded to e new model, I'm on T-mobile so got it sim-unlocked.

I originally got it un-certificated through the ornage dev page, but I'm guessing they dindnt like the idea of doing it for a t-mobile customer as the next morning it was locked again.

Ah well, was worth a try.

However, I couldnt run the cab, it said it wasnt certificated, so after reading through all the posts I tried the unlock3.exe app, which worked perfectly and it all seems to work now..

However, the lock.cab reports "Alphaflux Lock.CAB failed to install on your device."

Unsigned apps (pacman) now run, but does this mean I cannot relock? (not that I really care to be fair, if it all goes really wrong I'll just wipe the lot and start again..)

Edited by mors3

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BAT.Elmo
Please please please ~please~ stop reporting this post!  I've lost count of the number of times i've cleared the reports now! Cheers, Mono.

EDIT awarner title change as only Orange UK MPX should need decerting

as other networks phones are decerted as standard.

Hello again,

PLEASE READ ALPHAFLUX'S POST IN PAGE 7 OF THIS THREAD FOR UPDATES

NOTE if you have a newer MPX200 then you can only decert your phone at the Orange developers site.

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

I got tired of waiting for a response from the Orange engineering/technical team; and with the lack of any real dates being posted for an OTA unlock from Orange, I decided to take matters into my own hands!  :twisted: It has taken a few days and a number of hard resets (I don’t care to count how many!), but I finally cracked it! I hold in my hand a fully application unlocked (de-certified) MPx200, running all manner of uncertified applications.  :D

Anybody interested? Thought you might be! Just read on...  :wink:

The MPx200 security is by default set lower than that of the SPV, which is what makes this possible. It may work on the SPV series as well, but from experience during testing, the SPV security policy prevents it. It’s worth noting though that I don’t own an SPV, so can’t really confirm this. Give it a go, it’s simple to do and what have you got to loose?!?! (I would be especially interested to know if anyone has any success with this method on the e100/e200).

I promised an easy unlock and that’s what you’ll get … There is no need for a hard reset, in fact no need to even reboot your phone! And not only that, but it will survive a soft reset and will work for any MPx200. Almost feels criminal!  :twisted:

I know what you are thinking, stop blabbing and get to the point already! I am almost there, honestly! Just a tiny little bit more first…

Now you'll just have to trust me on this one, and I might be reading too much into it, but the implications of this method are massive and more than a little disturbing to say the least!  :shock:  So much so, I was in 2 minds about putting this out. When you see how its done, if you care, you’ll understand why. I for one will certainly be checking the installation scripts of unsigned apps in the future!

So, for the good of the nation and the sanity of MPx200 owners (maybe newer SPVs too)… Just download the attached "unlock" cabinet file (you’ll need to be registered and logged into see the files), copy it to your phone and install. Now install an uncertified application and see it in all its glory. That’s all there is to it! And to be complete I have also attached a re-lock cabinet, just in case anyone wants it! How that for service!

Just be warned, don’t play with the settings! Changes to the policy values will lock your phone down harder that it is now and prevents this method from working again without a hard reset. I know should know; I managed to lock my phone down harder than fort knox. I almost cried.  :cry: Don’t say I didn’t warn you! For those of you out there that don’t heed my advice, a hard reset can be performed on the MPx200 by holding down the blue action and power buttons at the same time.  :wink:

Take care, and enjoy the MPx200 to its full potential!  :D

Special thanks go to all those people out there who did the original work on the SPV. Without which, this would not have been possible.

Alphaflux, over and out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how do i install it to unlock my mpx200? :exclaim: java script:emoticon(':exclaim:')

smilie

Guest squall

The alphaflux unlock no longer works, as such the only way to application unlock your mpx200 / any of the spv range is via the orange developers OTA site

A full guide can be found at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=198952

with the unlocking site found at http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

Im going to close this post, please discuss at above link