Application unlock (decert) your Orange UK MPx200

Guest alphaflux

Guest UKMadBeef

I had the same problem, being a n00b and all that. Copy the file you downloaded to IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories (or wherever in the Start Menu you want it to appear) then run it from there.

Also glad to see folk have a sense of humour round here :lol:

(was pondering a photo of gf's tits with "My boyfriend's SmartPhone was unlocked by alphaflux" written on em, but I think that might be overdoing it a bit ... eheheh ...)

That's the original, genuine article alphaflux, in case anyone was wondering ;)

Guest cdhenderson

When you say:

Copy the file you downloaded to IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories (or wherever in the Start Menu you want it to appear) then run it from there.

Do you mean unxip it into a .xml file and drag and drop this .xml file into the mobile device on windows explorer on my pc?

I have tried dragging both the zip file and the .xml file and still can't open anything on my MPX......

Guest alphaflux

Hi cdhenderson,

Just download the .cab file and save it to your desktop (or wherever you would normally save files). Then just drag and drop that file to the Mobile DeviceMy SmartphoneIPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories directory on your phone (via Explorer). You need to make sure that when you copy the file it remains intact, i.e. don't extract anything.

Then on your phone, click programs and open the accessories folder. In there you will see a file named "Alphaflux Unlock", just select that and it will tell you that its being installed. Hey presto, you are unlocked ! :wink:

Hope that helps. Give me a shout back if you have any further problems.

Alphaflux.

Guest WillyBig1983

I am very new to smartphones ok so this may sound stupid

WELL DONE

But i need help

Everytime i download the unlock/lock cab files they turn into WinRar compressed files. If this the norm how do i then get these files to run on the mpx200????

HELP

Guest UKMadBeef

They're not WinRAR compressed files - it's just that you have WinRAR associated with .cab files, so the icon it uses is the WinRAR one. The file is still a .cab file, so just copy it to your phone as above, and run it.

Guest opbyrne

:lol: nice work - MPX200 unlocked in a sec! BTW I'm fairly new to all this smartphone stuff so as regards your advice to check the script before installing 3rd party apps, how do i do it and what should i be looking for :?:

Cheers

Guest alphaflux

opbyrne: This is a tricky question and could be thought of as "how long is a piece of string" ! :cry:

The file you should check before installing a new unsigned application is the _setup.xml file, as contained in the installation cabinet itself. In general it is quite hard to actually tell what settings an application will validly need to change during installation, but if you start to see an install script changing system level parameters I would certainly be suspicious and would look into it further before actually installing.

The way that this unlock works is by changing the system level SecurityPolicy settings during the application install. In this case, thats all it does and nothing is actually installed, but consider what system settings a virus could change before its installation and it gets quite scary.

So, the answer is that you would expect to see file copy operations, registry modifications (of application related keys) and related activities. You would not expect to see an application changing the security paramaters or related settings, as this could enable the application to gain kernel mode priviledges, with which it could do what it likes on the phone. i.e. Send all your contacts to someone, use your phones SMS capabilities to mass mail people, etc, etc, etc. All without you ever knowing about it ! :?

I am a little pushed for time this morning. If that doesn't make sense, or explain it well enough, I'll write a more in depth explaination later when I have a little more time ... just let me know. :lol:

Alphaflux.

Guest Brewdogg18

I would like to take a minute to thank ATT Wireless for sending out their phones app unlocked! Even though it is a security issue, it makes it soo much easier then having to find the codes!

Guest diyfiesta

Hello,

Great fix! but after I installed it I could install unsigned apps ok but it stopped installing normal apps (I tried pocket slide show), it said that the permissions were wrong? I applied to lock script again and it worked... any ideas?

Cheers

Guest alphaflux

Thats strange to say the least; the permissions used to implement the unlock should definately not prevent any signed applications from being installed or executed. The certificates are still in place, its just the testing criteria has been lowered. Re-applying the "lock" just raises them back to the carrier supplied defaults.

Extensive testing was run before this was posted, and during that entire time nothing like that showed up. I have also since confirmed this by installing Pocket Slideshow for myself without error. Has anybody else running or installing pocket slideshow seen anything like this ? or indeed with any other applications.

If you can give the exact message it would help. Does it indicate that the cabinet is unsigned (i.e. prevents installation all together) ? or that the application is unsigned post install (i.e. when you try to run the application) ?

alphaflux, i got a silly question for you.

how can i install any app using .cab?

I thought i won't need to unlock. Today i found a freeware game for GO. But this requires unlocking. I don't know the alternative and don't won't to hit head against the Orange people. I'm pleased to find the files provided by you, but i also need help on how to put them into my phone.