Change the external LCD logo

Guest UKMadBeef

Guest orcinus
you do not need to create a new key named LogoPath , you need to press the values button at the bottom and it comes up with a list...

Actually, you do need to create it if it doesn't already exist. And it doesn't if it's an unbranded phone or phone flashed with an unbranded ROM.

Orcinus

Guest stonedbill

ok when the phone loads up after the "hellomoto" screen, if you on orange you get a picture of a lake with an orange logo on it, haveing just relised the potential that paint could have on my phone i "bastardised" (the preferd phrase in this thread) the picture with my own image and saved it back to my phone, however where abouts do i find the key that leads to that to be changed. ( i changed one that led to that picture but i doesnt seem to show up the new one)

Guest stonedbill

Sorry ignore that last post, ive found the problem, the phone doesnt save the picture when its in windows. so the registry did not have a file to display so i placed it in the IPSMApplication DataHome (file name)

oh and im just interested but, if anyone does not have an orange branded phone, what comes up on the external lcd when its open?

Guest awarner [MVP]

To make things easier you can use apps like SmarTweak

to change the startupshutdown logos.

Also unfortunately the flip open logo does not seem to be implemented on the 2003 German rom :P at least I cannot get it to work :?

Guest orcinus
Also unfortunately the flip open logo does not seem to be implemented on the 2003 German rom :P at least I cannot get it to work :?

Did you enable FlipLogo? (changed it's value to 1)

I didn't have any suitable bmp's at hand, but i think it should work when you enable it.

Orcinus

Guest orcinus
DOH!!!!

How the hell did I miss that :roll:

Cheers for knocking some sence into me orcinus :D

:lol:

np... it's fairly easy to miss that value since it's named a tad ambiguously... that "flip" sounds more like something controlling the orientation of the bitmap than having to do with the actual flip of the phone :P

Orcinus

Guest stonedbill

DarkJedi

I did the best i could but drawing in paint isnt that easy(i have way too much time on my hands).

its not to good to look at on a pc screen but it seems fine on the external lcd.

Um im not sure if this breaks any copyright since i drew it myself (i really do have too much time on my hands) but could the mods please remove if it does. thanks.

XBOX logo,.JPG

XBOX logo.zip

Guest shaggyguitarist
..I just get one measley pixel hiding in the corner of the flipscreen when the phone is open.

Im having the same problem..

wots the solution??

After i restart the phone, the file i created has disappeared :?:

Do I have to delete the original OrangeLogo.bmp file??

Guest shaggyguitarist

Yey I got it fixed, I had a browse through other threads and found my solution. You need to put the file somewhere other than IPSMwindows.

Cool Im becoming an expert

Guest phatgenius

So I have tried a couple times to understand how to do this on an ATT phone but still am a little unsure. If anyone could please give a more detailed step by step process on how to do this.

Guest stonedbill

Hi

just in case any ones interested, in my boredom i have made some images of some flags (attached)

p.s i wasnt putting to much effort in so some might not be completly acurate. e.g the usa flag.

EDIT:i have added some preveiws at awarners request (sorry but it was my birthday :P ), i havent put a preveiw on for all them as i dont want to take up too much space on the page (please say mods if you want me to). Also i should mention that i havent actuly been able to test them on my phone yet, so apologies if the some dont look the same on the lcd screen.

Flag Pack.zip

Canadian Flag.JPG

st georges cross(england).JPG

Macedonia Flag.JPG

French Flag.JPG

Aussie Flag.JPG

Union Jack.JPG

Guest awarner [MVP]
Has anyone made a thread for logos like awarner suggested earlier yet?

It's on my "to do" list keep them coming and I'll split them into a sticky post soon.

stonebill could you please add some previews to the file you have submitted (that will be one of the rules I'll lay down in the new topic :P)

Guest Navec245

I know a few of us have asked this. Being not well versed in working with the registry editor on an MPX 200, I am in dire need of help. I have downloaded PHM, have it running and can see the path. With ATT you do not get logopath but something like "flip" Where do I actually modify the registry and what are the steps/ Is it create a new key? Press Values and make some entry. This forum is a lot of help to people who do not get things easily. I recognize that for the majority of you tooling with this you figure it out. Usually I do as well. But here I am stumped. Any assistance would be very appreciated!

Regards

• 1 month later...

I agree. I would love to change my FlipLogo. but I have a non-Orange MPx200 and it also lacks the LogoPath key.

could anyone post a step-by-step explanation of how to add and edit a new key?

I have never worked with registry editors before so I don't really get it yet.

Pigo

I've read the first page about 10 times :roll:

but I did mange to make a new key. but that's abou it. don't know what to name it. don't know wich bottuns to press to enter any kind of info. so that's what I need help with. did notice that now when I open my phone the external screen goes blank. probably becuase I did change FlipLogo to a value of 1

any help please ... have been trying for some time now!

Pigo

• 3 weeks later...