E200 NOT pulled from sale

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

We have just received confirmation from Orange that contrary to what some other news sites are posting, the E200 definitely has NOT been pulled from sale, and will not be.

We will have an official statement from Orange shortly.

P

Paul, when you mention 'Official Statement' does that mean that they will be addressing the issues reported on the E200 so far or is it just to say that msmobiles is lying to us about the E200 being withdrawn?

This will make for an interesting read for sure. I'd love to know the msmobiles source... or why they seem to be so anti spv :lol:

I'm keeping my spv regardless of all the issues, in my opinion it's still the best PHONE on the market.. if only the battery would last a little longer.

jon

Guest bikespod

paul. is it likely that most problems will be sorted with a rom update? need to know as only have 3 days to decide before return option runs out. can the speaker be sorted too? Posted from my SmartPhone!paul. is it likely that most problems will be sorted with a rom update? need to know as only have 3 days to decide before return option runs out. can the speaker be sorted too? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest skyvalley

Thanks for the info Paul, I'm glad we've not got a poetnial withdraw or worse recall situation because the phone is fantastic despite its few shortcomings.

Guest smartphone-web.com
Hi all - just wanted to update you on the official Orange response to those rumours about the SPV E200...

The SPV E200 is not being withdrawn from sale in the UK, contrary to reports on an Internet news site.

Orange is not aware of customer complaints regarding software faults, the phone has not been “sent back to the manufacturer” and there are no plans for a recall of the product.  

Orange continues to market and sell the phone and looks forward to continued success with the SPV range.

Orange takes the posting of these false allegations very seriously and is currently considering whether to take any further action.  

There you go!

Obviously, we are continually updating and improving on our products, so keep up the feedback.

Cheers!

Mr Orange

Guest statscat
This will make for an interesting read for sure. I'd love to know the msmobiles source... or why they seem to be so anti spv :lol:

I'm keeping my spv regardless of all the issues, in my opinion it's still the best PHONE on the market.. if only the battery would last a little longer.

jon

a "guy" called David Kinsella on the MS news groups with the email address [email protected]

Laugh I nearly cried not on;y was the story based on one posting but he never even validated it first thats sloppy journalism even by msmobiles standards

Thanks for the update Stephan, very interesting news. Orange hinting a legal action too... this may get VERY interesting.

jon

(i still hope they give us a decent battery, a phone that doesnt last the weekend is a joke these days!)

Guest www.msmobiles.com
"]I have asked for a response on the issues too.

P

responses to the issues - this is what it all is about!

if we will get these responses from Orange about many many problems that Orange SPV E200 has and chances to get them resolved one way or another (software upgrade? hardware replacements?), then the news item at msmobiles (it was not based on only one posting in the newsgroup but on more!) was not in vain.

msmobiles is not against spv, but simply the number of problems and angry users that send their feedback to msmobiles is BIG, very big... so simply there is a reason to worry - don't kill the messenger!

Thanks for the update Stephan, very interesting news. Orange hinting a legal action too... this may get VERY interesting.

jon

(i still hope they give us a decent battery, a phone that doesnt last the weekend is a joke these days!)

The money they invest in their legal department would be better invested in product development, several of the E200 problems seem to be soo obvious that one has to wonder if they really have a quality control.

msmobiles just quoted what was posted elsewhere and looking at the SPV quality history Orange would better shut up and go back to work.

If Nokia would sell a phone with 24 h standby (without doing anything) everybody would throw it in the sales persons faces. With SPV seems people get used and settle for less :evil:

Guest statscat

You have done the community a great dis-service by not first validating the

source or the content. You add to a rumour mill that is destructive rather

than construcitve.

one day I expect to see the headline "Princess Diana uses MS Smartphone" on you site, no doubt with reference to her companions Elvis and James Dean.

These unfounded sensationalist post weaken your standing within the community as people do not view your reports as reliable.

Its like the boy that "cried wolf" and well who knows this time you might just get bitten.

Whilst I agree it is all about response there are WAYS and MEANS of going about getting them which you don't seem to underrstand.

Guest www.msmobiles.com

with all due respect dear Stephan, but why Mr Orange cannot post this message himself (!!!) in the forum or put it on the web site of Orange?

I trust you, Stephan but such response is not good enough. It must come directly from "Mr Orange" or from Orange.

the issues are serious one and many customers get angry - just imagine buying a phone for a lot of money just connect your Pocket PC and PC to the Internet and then finding out that it is not working at all with them, but old SonyEricsson T610 works perfectly in the same set-up!!!

We are STILL awaiting official response from Orange. Official, not some third party quotes.

Guest statscat

LOL LOL LOL

It must come directly from "Mr Orange" or from Orange.

it was it was postedhere

so when we have a valid source its not enough but heresay is fine oh I forgot how much I love doudle standards

Orange are proably verifying what people are saying and are probably passing the issues back to the appropriate company to deal with it, e.g. Inobx issue will be MS joystick may or may not be an issue that could have been a concious decision by HTC or Orange etc.

Guest Maverick

yes, of course - it is mentioned in the corrective news item

and the original news item has been removed from the database of msmobiles.

Then why are you threatening me with libel action via a Private Message ? :roll:

EDIT: Spilt mik again!! :roll: MAN.. Think b4 u post !! Removing stuff afterwards will serve no purpose whatsoever.

Guest statscat

ohh as me gran would say :

Thats the pot calling the kettle burned arse

had it been validated before posting it would not have been posted as it was unfounded, misleading and sensationalist.

Check your sources, its a simple rule in most professions and do include links to your source in the appropraite section (didn't we learn this at school ?)

Guest Maverick

What is it that I said that makes 'a certain individual' angry at me? :roll:

I am no big fan of Orange... Like everyone else, I too am frustrated over Orange's performance in the customer service front. But we all have to draw a line somewhere.