Orange response to rumours about the E200

Guest Mr Orange

thanks for the update mr orange :lol:, look forward to hearing a response/solution to the joystick problem ;), not gonna shoot the messenger and flame you about the phone tho :(.

Not flameing the guy personally im sure hes a nice guy---he represents Orange there fore am flameing orange.

Dont believe any of the mods have anything to say about this as they MUST have passed on the bugs to MR Orange---whats going on--some answers please>????????

Just as well that I didn't bother getting an E200 then :lol:

I think I'll wait for a month or so for the SPV 2020 if it ever materialises. If not, then goodbye O - hello O2!!! I'm off to get an XDA 2

Guest HungrySPV
Ok so there is no recall but what about the comment with regards no complaints. Do they not check the 150, 156 call logs??????? :x  :x  :x

Maybe they lost them and the first lot as well :lol: That would explain why lots of bugs from the first phone are still there.

But have to wonder why existing loyal customers have to pay so much to upgrade !

Guest davidkinsella

I would like to challenge Orange with their statement from my own experience of talking to an Orange manager in my local store.

I was told by the manager that the phone had suffered from software faults and had been recalled in the London area. The manager said that 'there had been many faults with the phone and as a result a large batch has been recalled because of many faults'. Now what is interesting is that when I come home and look at a Smartphone news site the exact same story is there.

Now obviously if I had just launched one of the most looked forward to of Microsoft Windows Powered Smartphone's I would want to cover it up and deny what I said.

I can tell Orange which store I visited to find this information.

Finally the manager said 'That he did not want the phone and was refusing them'.

What do you think Orange is this true... If so I see the hammer coming down on this persons job- the sack.

Guest midnight
Now what is interesting is that when I come home and look at a Smartphone news site the exact same story is there.

ah, but the news story came from your post on the newsgroup :lol:

Guest www.msmobiles.com
What do you think Orange is this true... If so I see the hammer coming down on this persons job- the sack.

I sincerely doubt whether "Mr Orange" will respond to this posting of yours at all!!! He just recited the prepared statement ...

Guest goinnuts

going back a few posts

blurry camera fuzzy speaker. 6100/7250 fuzzy speaker & t610 x70 blurry camera all extremly popular handsets, for thier own purpose. so when you ask so much more from a handset its gonna have its probs.

this is no excuse for the 4 way joystick though.

I dont want to have a go but if you could answer me a question paul!!!

Why do orange deny the faults with the phone>>>???

has MR ORANGE been told about the faults?????

erm whats going on gemerally--i think this is why people are getting pissed because the mods seem to know quite alot but wont tell us---i like this forum because of the APPRANT links it has with orange and microsoft.

This whole update 1.6 and orange thing has been handled very badly by the forum (and i know you cant release the update yourself) but if you tell us what YOUR doing people will be alot happier as they trust the forum mods alot more than the (come on DUMB) orange statements.

/rant

Why is it that Mr. Orange posts less messages on this forum than other Orange employees who are just as frustrated about the lack of any official information as the rest of you out there.

It seems like we are trying to get blood out of a stone all the time.

Why do we have to keep asking Mr.Orange for updates on subjects like the 1.6 update and E200 bugs ?

Does Mr.Orange actually work for Orange ? and why does he have to be anonymous?

I respect the fact that Mr Orange represents Orange and i imagine therefore has to confirm his responses so as to represent Orange and not his personal opinions! He is also a forum member in his own right but in terms of his official capcities, i have seen exactly what i expected from the username Mr Orange.

Guest Gorskar

The phone has its faults, and the 4way joystick fault will mean that I wont be buying it - as playing games on the phone is very important for me :lol:

I do think you are being somewhat harsh on Mr Orange though - obviously he is posting in an official capacity, so has to be a bit more careful about what he says than other Orange employees. He's not anonymous either, if you hover over his email link you'll see his real name plain as your nose.

Guest superkingdave

i guess its probably pretty embarrassing to be mr orange, his company cleary is on a mission to alienate its early adaptor customer base! if you were him would you post if you had anything other than good news? im sure we would see a lot more posts if anything good was to come out of orange! mr orange should be giving his boss an earfull for giving him the modaco assignment and not giving him any thing to tell the baying members!

Posted from my SmartPhone!i guess its probably pretty embarrassing to be mr orange, his company cleary is on a mission to alienate its early adaptor customer base! if you were him would you post if you had anything other than good news? im sure we would see a lot more posts if anything good was to come out of orange! mr orange should be giving his boss an earfull for giving him the modaco assignment and not giving him any thing to tell the baying members!

Posted from my SmartPhone!i guess its probably pretty embarrassing to be mr orange, his company cleary is on a mission to alienate its early adaptor customer base! if you were him would you post if you had anything other than good news? im sure we would see a lot more posts if anything good was to come out of orange! mr orange should be giving his boss an earfull for giving him the modaco assignment and not giving him any thing to tell the baying members!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

The phone has its faults, and the 4way joystick fault will mean that I wont be buying it - as playing games on the phone is very important for me :lol:

I do think you are being somewhat harsh on Mr Orange though - obviously he is posting in an official capacity, so has to be a bit more careful about what he says than other Orange employees. He's not anonymous either, if you hover over his email link you'll see his real name plain as your nose.

Did he not read his own post?? why would he write that when he has been told of all the errors and should have pased them on to orange???

its like orange have just randomly generated a statement to try and shut us up! im still pissed off

Guest jason76

Orange is not aware of customer complaints regarding software faults

i'm disapointed with the phone but i will keep it becase it's stll a great

phone probs included,but if orange are not aware the software bugs the update will be along time coming so lets keep telling them of all the faults

call O once a day it must help us.. :idea:

yesterday i called orange NL ( i wanted to know when the e200 was going to be released and if i could get an upgrade plan yes or no)

They told me that it was planned for dec. 1 BUT they where waiting for an update before they could release it .....

hmmmm

never the less.... one phone is waiting for dear old me, myself and I

;-)

note 1: With the dutch holidays comming and everybody spending their money ... i guess you'd better hurry up Orange ....

note 2: Strange that other suppliers already have update 1.7 on the market .. suits you ...

Guest casper508
i have seen exactly what i expected from the username Mr Orange.
i.e. no answers!

I've already paid more than enuf for a buggy phone(priginal SPV). Now they're asking me to pay another 150 quid for yet another buggy phone?? No chance. Im seriously thinking for gettin a P900.

Cas

i.e. no answers!

I've already paid more than enuf for a buggy phone(priginal SPV). Now they're asking me to pay another 150 quid for yet another buggy phone?? No chance. Im seriously thinking for gettin a P900.

Cas

Go for it if you want a P800 in a new case! Would you be shouting your mouth off with your personal opinions if you were representing the whole of Orange to over 20k people, all as opinionated as you and me?! He has a personal account on here through which he speaks his own views but it is not public as to who he is (and i don't blame him!) In my opinion, phones up until now haven't been that buggy, then the Smartphone comes along, yes it has bugs but it is bound to, it does so much more than most phones! Its the same with PC's, as the technology improves, the bugs increase and are then ironed out. Mr Orange has given us information and MoDaCo users are always the first to find out information, that is the purpose of Mr Orange and that is what he has provided us with, an official word from Orange on developments. If you have a problem with this then get in touch with him but i'm pretty sure you wont get a response! Orange had NO official representatives on here in the past so the addition of Mr Orange can only be taken as a positive. Even if he only provided us with 1 piece of information his presence here would be worth while! He hasn't detracted from the forum thats for sure!

Guest casper508

Brody i can live with a 4-way joystick but that not the point. I am entitled to receive what it says on the box and unfortunately thats not the case. So should I just sit back and continue paying for services/features which I bought the phone for but didnt get?

Looking at the long list of bugs on msmobiles.com has really put me off. My main reason for buying the E200 is for Bluetooth connectivity. But apparently there are still some issues there that need to be resolved so why shouldnt i go for a device which atleast does what it says on the box?

Cas

Guest casper508
Are you basing your argument on msmobiles.com? No comment.

No im not basing my argument on ONE comment, infact im basing it from what ive been hearing from fellow members who have the E200 and have had serious issues.

But u missed the whole point of my msg i.e. getting the service/feature u paid for!

Cas

Guest casper508

So you love ur E200 fair enough.

I want one so i can send/receive pics/contacts via Bluetooth and to use it as a modem over BT. Moreover im thinking of getting a BT dongle/pen drive combo so i dont have to carry the cables with me all the time.

So whats the verdict on the above? If they all work fine, then ill definitely reconsider.

Cas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.