Orange response to rumours about the E200

Guest Mr Orange

The BT dongle will definately work with the E200 and active sync, as for the sending/receiving of photos I can guarantee that one of the file managers will support this in the near future, if not an existing one then a new app as a result of the ease of programming in .NET. I reckon people will regret not getting a Windows Mobile 2003 powered Smartphone when the apps start rolling off the production line!

Guest shadamehr

Mr O, and fellow and well respected Board Members...

Might I humbly request that you perhaps take a look and the lengthy 'review' I have done of my experiences with my first ever SPV, the E200, which is in the Help and Advice section.

It took me some length of time to write.

Might I make it clear, that it doesn't say a single good work about the E200, not of course because there are none - believe me, as a new user I have LOTS of good things I can say about it.

But rather, as the sole purpose of my 'review' was to shatter some popular myths, dispel some illisions, but most likely in a lot of cases, confirm the rumours floating about.

There ARE real issues with the E200, I must offer to you Mr O!

I say this, fully aware that my E200 COULD be a one off. BUT, given that it only demonstrates problems QUOTED by many others, it is perhaps fair to say that this at least suggests a wide ranging and more common problem.

I feel it is a fair and frank 'review', but yet readily accept that SOME of the things I mention will simply be me not knowing a sneaky way to achieve something, like more experienced users might.

Notwithstanding that though, this will leave many things in my list of woes, that ARE then therefore hardware and software faults.

So please, take the time to read it (it will take you a while as it is long), and then please take onboard my points, and ask Orange to accept there is a problem.

Otherwise I can't help but feel like the patient that goes to the doctors with his finger hanging off, only for the doctor to insist there is nothing wrong with him...

"Really mate, that's not real blood, you are fine, there is no problem... Just go home."

Or was that, "really sir, that's not a battery life error, we thought you would LIKE placing your E200 on the charger each day to marvel at it... Bluetooth sending of images, whatever would you want to do that for when you can pay to send them by MMS, or use active sync... (etc. etc.) Go home and have yourself a lie down and you will be fine..."

Er, please don't treat me that condascendingly Mr O (sorry, that should be Orange, not a helpful and polite messenger like yourself, but you get my point...)

And honestly, thanks for giving your own time to post in here - it IS appreciated by me!

Guest HungrySPV

Apols if this is in another post but losing track of all the E200 posts !

With their e200 is anyone else getting serious noise when they use the camera to record video ? I can record some video in a quiet place but I get some serious serious crackle.

Is this another of the problems, or anyone reckon this might be faulty ?

Guest shadamehr
With their e200 is anyone else getting serious noise when they use the camera to record video ?  I can record some video in a quiet place but I get some serious serious crackle.  

Is this another of the problems, or anyone reckon this might be faulty ?

Given that it wasn't in my original list of woes, it's gonna sound like I am really making it up now... But believe me I'm not...

I'm just being drop dead stupid...

I recorded two videos, in a perfectly quite room, and both were FULL of crackle and buzz and noise.

'Course me being dead thick and not thinking, put this down to not having removed the clear plastic protective film from over the lens.

In hindsight though, what would this have to do with NOISE? It's not as if its covering the microphone is it?

So:

a) Shoot me for being thick, and...

:lol: Add this serious (?) issue to the already long list of problems I am having with the phone...

Great... Have none of you members got any GOOD news for me for a change...?

:roll:

Don't embarrass yourself, the P900 is not merely a P800 in a new case any more than the E200 is the E100 in a new case.

And the P800 still compares equitably even to what the E200 should have been, never mind the P900.

Don't underestimate the new case either. If the P800 was a fisher-price toy, the P900 is a tri-corder, and the screen is TONNES better.

However, if you want primarily a features-on-a-phone go for the SPV series, if you want phone-on-features get the SE P8/900 series.

My P900 is mainly used as an e-book reader, then as a PIM, then as a phone. E200 can do all these things too and is more robust than the P900, and is a very good phone, but it is a phone first, and you can tell.

Guest stevebutcher

I received my E200 on Monday, and although it is an excellent phone, most of the reported bugs are true. I don't really care much about the joystick, in fact for me personally I think it is better than the E100. But the important one is the BT sync using PPC. I already have this working using a Nokia 6310i, but yep no luck with the E200. The point that is quite funny is that after phoning Orange technical support (158), they are ALL in a meeting between 4.30 and 5.00pm ... hum, I wonder what they are talking about.

SteveB.

Spoke with Orange NL (agian) they must be getting verry tired with me...

I know now for a fact dat the e200 is nit going to be launched without an update ?

they couldn't tell me which update or what it is supposed to be solving....

i agree, the joystick , i couldn't care less aswell... i use the games only for showing off.. but hey .. i'm not a gamer ... msn/icq and listening to tunes while on the way.....

still hoping that i get my e200 dec. 1 ... again ... I would be one of the first over here....

guess i wait some time before selling my good old spv ( WHERE IS THE UPDATE )

edit by midnight: watch the language m8 :lol:

I'm starting to lose track of these e200 complaints threads!!

I'm getting an e200 myself on monday - but if it exhibits the major faults pointed out on the forum (namely the poor call sound quality) I'll be sending it back to Orange. I don't understand why people here are talking about these problems without contacting Orange (or whoever you bought the phone from) & returning it.

@ shadamehr -

have you actually spoken to CS at Orange, or whoever you bought the phone from. If you're complaints with it are that serious, why don't you just return it - surely you have a 14 day return period?

Or have you tried this already & been refused a replacement? I could understand your frustration in that case, but if not, why are you just complaining? Get a replacement if yours is faulty.

Guest shadamehr
@ shadamehr - 

have you actually spoken to CS at Orange, or whoever you bought the phone from.  If you're complaints with it are that serious, why don't you just return it - surely you have a 14 day return period?

Or have you tried this already & been refused a replacement?  I could understand your frustration in that case, but if not, why are you just complaining?  Get a replacement if yours is faulty.

I've Emailed them a fairly descriptive message, more specifically in relation to the memory card problem which leaves me in a very difficult position.

BUT... I think you miss the point... I DON'T want to start a further debate mate, but whilst SOME of the things I mention MIGHT be my handset, the problem is that most of the issues I have seem to be all too common.

So a swap out will most likely solve little at all will it? But please - I've conceded that SOME of the issues might be handset specific. At least have the fairness in return to accept (there are more than enough posts by users on here now) that a lot of the issues I raised are common to MANY MANY more, and much more generalised to the whole handset range.

So having regard to that, and taken in the context that this was a onestopphoneshop handset and not direct from Orange (which is meant to mean I have equal rights, but we all know the reality of how harder it is arguing with independent retailers), added to the fact that I have made it VERY clear throughout all my different posts, that I DO like some things about the phone, then I see the most sensible course forward for me is to await the reply regarding one of my specific problems from Orange, and just HOPE patiently that a software fix is already soon to be released, given it's necessity.

I am encouraged by the comments that NL Orange SPV's have been postponed from release, pending a 'fix' or update.

But to be fair, from tales from past users on here, I am not holding my breath.

My main purpose in posting, is to warn potential new buyers solely so they can make an informed choice, and also, becuase I know this board is read by those in the know at Orange.

And they can only say for so long that they "weren't aware of any problems" if they are plastered all over this Forum for the World to see.

After so much time, it gets hard for them to say "we had not realised there was an issue" - unless they are blind.

Thanks again for the valued advice though mate - cheers!

Guest www.msmobiles.com
I know now for a fact dat the e200 is nit going to be launched without an update ?

for a fact? can you provide with some link/URL that says about the delay of E200 launch in Netherlands?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
is faulty.

I DON'T want to start a further debate mate

Thanks again for the valued advice though mate - cheers!

speaking of advice: your avatar is too hot.

Guest shadamehr
speaking of advice: your avatar is too hot.

You don't upset people for fun do you mate???

My post count as a new user is currently 32 or so. In all of those posts, to Midnight, Paul, and various other mods etc, there has not been a single complaint. I appreciate the significance of your name appearing in red, and what that conveys, but I live in a DEMOCRATIC country.

In 32 posts, many many more replies, and countless untold message views/hits, there has not been one single other complaint.

Additionally, given that the picture is 'inference' rather than direct, I have to laugh at that. it is also no worse than a number of other leading member avatars on this site.

But I digress... Other Senior Mods, and the Board founder have seen my posts. I have not received a complaint until now. Democracy wins it for me. So, do you upset people for fun? I appreciate English is not your first language, but I don't think that's sufficient excuse for how your posts are nearly always inflammatoory, or engendered to provoke anger, upset, or outrage.

In fact, putting it into real terms, I find it quite funny...

Because your posts themselves, from what I have seen in here so far, cause FAR MORE outrage and anger than my avatar pic ever has or will...

The red lettering in your name, and the rank that it signifies... It still doesn't give you the right to treat people with lack of regard. Besides, I looked at this Board's AUP/T&C's (or the Read This First stuff), and admittedly, it might be m own interpretation of it, but the image just about meets the AUP ok mate.

So please, we all appreciate you being careful...

But not being pedantic.

Like I said... 32 posts, MANY more replies to my messages, and countless hundreds and hundreds more message hits/views. That's an odds of about 1000/1 against you in terms of users who have seen it and NOT had a problem, to those that have seen it and complained.

But who am I to argue... If you feel the need to remove it, do it.

The fact that I will be out of this excellent site like the wind would only demonstrate how little regard you would then have for new members...

So, your call mate, but I'm offering you an Olive branch here... Don't take the picture too personally - like I said, its 'inference', not direct... And give sensible regard to the fact that thousands of people (or hits to be more exact) have seen it, and not one of them has any problem with it.

My main purpose in posting, is to warn potential new buyers solely so they can make an informed choice, and also, becuase I know this board is read by those in the know at Orange.

Don't get me wrong here m8 - I'm not disagreeing with you about the issues you & many others seem to be having with the e200. But I think your comment above is indicative of the attitude alot of pople here seem to be getting mixed up in - yes, people from Orange look at this forum, some of them may even be able to help with some problems people are having - but using the forum as a sounding board for issues you have with your phone, is getting you zero result except frustration!!

All I'm saying is, that if you're raelly not happy with your phone, then take it back!! You have consumer rights! I know you said you have emailed for a response (don't hold your breath if it's to Orange!!), but if you are persistant, you will eventually get someone. The problems described with e200 in alot of cases I amagine, would warrant a replacement being issued. If not, then you can still return the phone under the 14 day 'change your mind' policy.

If you aren't completely dissatisfied with the phone, then by all means keep it & wait for an update or whatever, but simply giving off onm the forum isn't really getting you anywhere, is it?

Oh, & pay no attention to missmobiles - think of him like the typical gutter press that are portrayed in sitcoms/soapoperas - you know, dirty mac, stupid hat with "press" written on it, desperatly trying to get a comment from some model while taking a photo of her knickers for the front page ... :lol:

Guest shadamehr

Drblow - thanks for the kind words. To repeat though, another purpose in posting is as I said, to warn potential users so they can make an informed choice. The downside to that is that many such readers will not be POTENTIAL buyers of course, but already have it. In fairness though, I set out to find a forum such as this (and indeed, this was the best one I found, honest), BEFORE I ordered my SPV E200, and had I known of the issues before hand, I would not have done so. Only on the strength of Paul's biased review did I go ahead.

:wink: And having typed that last paragragh, can I make it totally clear it is said COMPLETELY in jest, and that I suspect I WOULD still have bought it, and Paul's review was excellent.

Also, thanks for the warning about p*ssmobiles or missfutile or whatever his name is - it fits with my evaluation of him already - I thought my avatar was indeed 'prevocative' and likely to engender an 'opinion', but drew the line perfectly in terms of being acceptable WITHOUT crossing the mark. Aside from brightening up things for the male dominated membership of course.

I think he'd have a hissy-fit if I gave him the web address of my Nokia Wallpaper site... He'd die of shock.

Cheers mate again.

And Spacecowboy - do you mean DrBlow being a regular O.T. poster, or me?

Surely not new, shy, quite little me??? :wink:

Thanks guys. Not wanting to be patronising to the point of boredom, but this IS a great Forum, and the key to any good forum, is good membership. So you both go figure...

:lol:

Guest pradaboy

MSMobiles>>>

Uzay>>>

The E200 has been launched in the Netherlands! I have seen it at different stores througout the country. For example in OrangeShops in Rotterdam and The Hague. The pricing is €269 with an Orange Free €40/month contract for one year.

My concern is: I have checked with several OrangeShops but they do not even know IF they will get the MPX200 at all! How about that? I have seen it in some ads from another company but they don't know anything about it either.

Does anyone have more info on this?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
MSMobiles>>>

Uzay>>>

The E200 has been launched in the Netherlands! I have seen it at different stores througout the country. For example in OrangeShops in Rotterdam and The Hague. The pricing is €269 with an Orange Free €40/month contract for one year.

My concern is: I have checked with several OrangeShops but they do not even know IF they will get the MPX200 at all! How about that? I have seen it in some ads from another company but they don't know anything about it either.

Does anyone have more info on this?

good news, thanks a lot!

Guest pradaboy

I disagree SpaceCowboy...

Paying €269 for such a crappy phone is not acceptable to me, I could never handle the short battery time, shitty joystick and all that other stuff that's wrong with it. I'm going for the MPX200 for sure (if it comes :? ).

The camera is no big loss to me, wouldn't have used it anyway. WM2003 is nice but 2002 tweaked by Moto does it for me too. Bluetooth is the only loss I'll make on it but that's just a matter of time... I will get the MPX220 when it comes!

Guest spacecowboy6982

If the stories are true.Rumoured February. I would have to disagree with you on the E-200 though m8. I paid £30 for my phone and can quite happily say Im delighted. possibly the best phone Ive ever owned.True the batterylife is poor but I find the joystick a godsend. To be honest, it does have its bugs, but not nearly as many as the SPV :lol: The Moto is nice, but just doesnt pack in th efeatures it could have done. Moto have played safe this time around.

spacecowboy

Is the awful call quality a hardware fault? Should we return phones for replacement?

I haven't yet upgraded from my E-100. Can someone confirm the E-200 call' quality is at least as good, or is it really worse?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.