So who is actually happy with the E200 ?

Guest gspot2207

Guest gspot2207

I agree that there are several flaws with this phone, although many of them are most likley to be sorted by a small update (Which im sure will be appearing in the not to distant future) :^o

As for the 4 way directional joystick, hopefully this will be the software at fault and not the hardware.

So who is actually happy ?

I know I am. :lol:

The only grumble i have that cant be fixed with a software update is the battery life which to be fair is a joke. Apart from that it's a nice upgrade from my 6310i

jon

Guest spacecowboy6982

Hehe, me too :!: I think my last 10 posts have shown my adoration for it :lol:

In comparison to my SPV - it doesnt get any better than this.

FULL STOP :!:

Guest Pondrew

Me too. Quickly decided to keep the E200 and now excited at the prospect of all the new software that should be coming for Windows Mobile 2003 + .net framework. The futures bright... 8)

Guest spacecowboy6982

Yay :!: Glad theres still a few believers out there. Wait till the developers start on it :!: the people that traded/sold back their phones WILL be back using an E-200 in a matter of months :lol:

spacecowboy

Sorry to burst the bubble-

I used my e200 for 1 hour and then decided to send it back because:

i) Seriously poor sound quality from speaker

ii) Poor reception

iii) Cheap feel to build quality

iv) b/t issues

v) Battery is s**t

I tried my hardest to love the phone, but eventually I had to listen to my brain and not the heart.

Guest spacecowboy6982

i) hardware fault - can be fixed

ii) not for me - presently on full signal

iii) little plasticy yes, still a beautifully crafted design

iv) no issues here m8 - connected up easily and managing a passthrough connection

v) agreed - however that will be improved

spacecowboy

How can a hardware fault be fixed with an update?

And I forgot to mention the 4 direction joypad (or whatever they are called).

If Orange had a history of issuing decent patches at a decent rate, then I would be inclined to keep my e200.

But Orange is crap at after-sales service. As with the spv and e100, there will be only 1 update issued 5 months after launch, the second update will *surprise surprise* coincide with the launch of the next buggy Orange smartphone.

I am going to stick with my not-so-buggy SPV until Moto come out with the new b/t enabled camera smartphone.

Benzo

Guest spacecowboy6982
How can a hardware fault be fixed with an update?
It cant - send it back to HTC to ge tit fixed ;)

And I forgot to mention the 4 direction joypad (or whatever they are called).But Orange is crap at after-sales service.stick with my not-so-buggy SPV until Moto come out with the new b/t enabled camera smartphone.How will the battery be improved and how long does it currently last ?

Guest snakeeater

Im REALLY happy with mine. There is NO other phone on the market that I would consider instead of it. The minor bugs really dont bother me at all as there is so much more to the phone that makes up for them 8)

Guest chocobogo

The SPV e200 was always going to be an improved version of the e100, which in turn was an improved version of the SPV.

The e200 is noticably faster, the keypad is better (apart from the glitch with the 4 way dpad). The screen is better, Media player runs a lot more smootly, the extra software such as Caller ID Is cool, the built in cam is a HUGE advantage, Bluetooth is built in which also makes the phone ready for that side of things. I admit it isnt perfect but it is definately worth getting over the e100 or SPV, and for only £34.99 on a contract why complain?

Im sure some software updates will quash a lot of these early bugs that are being reported, just like the patches that were released for the original SPV.

Guest podavies

I've had my phone for a day but its going back the sound quailty is way too poor apart from that its a great phone alot better then my SPV

but i use it as a phone not as pim so it got to go.

Mine went back today :shock: but only because I found it for free elsewhere :lol:

I used it for just under a week and was very happy with it. It's my first Smartphone, so I can't compare it to any others, but compared to my T68i I love it.

In the little time I did have it, I didn't notice any problems so I am looking forward to receiving the replacement.

I am optimistic for updates that will improve/fix many of the issues that are being reported. My iPod's battery life was improved by a software update, so I can't see why the same cannot be said for the E200. :?

Guest spacecowboy6982

For free you say :shock: If its that "Europhonesales" site, I dont think they're holding their part of the bargain. Or was that Amazon, or Expansys :lol:

spacecowboy

Guest rogerbates

To be honest it sounds like the same thing all over again with Orange. When I got my SPV I thought that it was the best thing since sliced bread, yeah there was some stuff that was shite but I was so distracted by the things that it could do! Plus there was going to be an update that sorted out all the problems. After five months an update came out that improved the battery life (except it made it worse) and added a picture and sound manager and that is about it! Nothing was really resolved. Almost a year on and it is still almost the same as it was out of the box, fault wise.

Now everyone here is talking about the E-200 as being great, I don’t own one but it doesn’t sound that great, in fact it sounds like the SPV a year ago.

i) Seriously poor sound quality, I have heard this from several people now.

ii) Poor reception, this was a problem with the SPV but the update did sort that out, five months later.

iii) Haven’t seen one in the flesh to comment.

iv) Bluetooth, I have also heard that the Bluetooth options are very limited. Apparently phones like the t68i (that came out a year ago!) are more flexible Bluetooth wise.

v) Battery is crap, something tells me that it will never improve. On Orange’s track record an update will come out in several months that may resolve this but is more likely to make it worse.

vi) The joystick thing is ridiculous, did no-one notice as they did it?

I can’t understand why people have so much faith in Orange this time round. As if Orange have learnt their lesson and will be so much quicker with updates and so much more helpful.

I really was looking forward to getting an E-200 but after reading some of the posts and hearing about some of the so called minor bugs I have decided against it. I don’t see the point in going through what I went through (and am still going through!) with the SPV all over again. All the E-200 is, is what the SPV should be now (software wise) if it was properly updated. All Orange have done is give us a phone as an update, except we have to pay for it.

I am going to buy a different phone when my contract is up. One that is finished and ready for public use!

Personally I think it's a brilliant phone. Ok the battery life could be better though I'm sure Orange will provide an update for that. The update on the SPV improved the battery by far.

Funilly enough on phoning customer services they have diagnosed my battery as faulty. I'm not complaining at least I'll get to try another battery and charge it for 16 hours this time. Come on people !! How many of you actually let it charge for 16 hours ?? (Not sure where she thought that number up)

Anyway, it's the fastest, most responsive phone I think I've ever had. Oh and it hasn't crashed/hung once.

Guest mantrac
...I'm sure Orange will provide an update for that. The update on the SPV improved the battery by far.  

Anyway, it's the fastest, most responsive phone I think I've ever had. Oh and it hasn't crashed/hung once.

Okay, DO PEOPLE NEVER LEARN???

Your E200 is fast and responsive for the same reasons a newly formatted Windows PC is fast and responsive...

Wait 3-4 months and then you'll know whether it's fast and responsive...

My SPV is lightning-quick for the first couple of months and then it gradually goes into turtle-mode...

As for your quote: "I'm sure an update will improve the E200" all I can reply to that is, I'm sure it will too!

The question is, will there ever be one??? If yes, will that update introduce new bugs??? The only public SPV update in the UK, rendered Windows Media Player useless by introducing buffering problems...

There wasn't any update since and to be frank, the first update didn't really do all that much to impress me...

I don't disagree that the E200 is an improvement over the SPV but let's be serious, WHAT COULDN'T BE AN IMPROVEMENT OVER SUCH A BUGGY IMPLEMENTATION!??

The E200 will no doubt be buggy too and when people start finding out and getting annoyed by it, I'll then be laughing at everyone who expects Orange to resolve those issues quickly...

I was reading through posts about the E200 and was laughing at the amazement of people who were talking about FANTASTIC E200 features such as Bluetooth and built in camera!!

This comes only to prove what a downgrade the SPV really was... Its users can't even have a look around at all the other phones who have had these features since before the arrival of the SPV and are much faster, with less bugs and their companies release updates all the time!!

It's called my opinion !! I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying it how I see it. Some people are shouting on about features they will probably never even use.

In all honesty I've been using the phone for a week now and I can't find anything except the battery to complain about.

It was a different story a year ago with my first SPV. This had serious bugs such as texts messages not being deleted from the ISPM which slowed the phone down to a halt. Why is my phone going to slow down in 3-4 months ??

Anyway I'm sure a lot of people will be like me and will be well impressed with it. There is just no pleasing some people. It's like saying Windows pc software should never be released until the operating system is 100% bug free. We'd probably still be waiting on Windows 95 coming out and where would that get us !! Even Microsoft will not guarantee that the next operating system will be bug free !! How many updates have been released for XP ?? What company claims to have made 100% bug free software ?? I doubt there are many, if any

I salute HTC and Orange for taking this bold approach and rolling out 2003. Why do you think Motorola has just released their new smartphone with 2002 on it ?? Cause they held back and watched everything that went wrong with the first SPV !! It's nearly 2004 and Motorola have opted for last years operating system !! Will it be this time next year before they start rolling out smartphones with 2003 ?? Probably as HTC and Orange will have ironed out most of the bugs !!

The end !!