So who is actually happy with the E200 ?

Guest gspot2207

Guest spacecowboy6982
How many updates have been released for XP ??

Well said mate, glad to see some positive comments about the E-200 ! One flaw however :lol: Windows XP give you an update program so that you can download "hotfixes" i.e. updates in >Start > All Programs> Windows Update (near the top) :(

Back to the point though what in godsname was everyone expecting :!: :?: Its a case of dont knock it till you try it :!: Go into the Orange shop, have a go of a mates - just dont slate it till you can see what it actually does ;)

spacecowboy

Windows XP give you an update program so that you can download "hotfixes" i.e. updates in >Start > All Programs> Windows Update (near the top) ;)

start > orange (5) > orange update (7) :lol:

I agree with the above, i've been using my phone now for a few days now and apart from the battery (and delivery reports on the sms!) i'm totally happy.

jon

Why do you think Motorola has just released their new smartphone with 2002 on it ?? Cause they held back and watched everything that went wrong with the first SPV !!

All good points, well made!! Except this one - I have been lead to believe the reason for moto only bringing out the microsoft OS now is coz it was licensed exclusively to Orange for the first year! Now that license has expired, & other phone manufacturers are free to purchase a license for MS mobile packages - so hopefully this year will se a marked increase in the variety of devices with MS operatins systems.

I'm not slagging off the e200 here, but I think it will be very interesting to see if other companies make the same mistakes as Orange!

Guest spacecowboy6982

Yeh - we need a bit of an operator war going on - i suppose it benefits the Smartphone community to see pricing wars now and again too :lol:

spacecowboy

Thanks Spacecowboy. I'm aware of the Windows update facilty lol. I was just trying to put it into context how many updates/patches/hotfixes/etc Microsoft have released. No sooner than we have fully patched systems there is another hotfix available for something else.

Have to laugh at the bod @ customer services I phoned yesterday !! Complained about the battery life and they diagnosed it faulty !! Replacement battery arrived today. This time I'll charge it for the recommended 16 hours and see what happens. Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath on much improvement.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Your sure to find a slight improvement. Charge it, run it down and repeat that process a few times. Makes it last that little bit longer :lol:

spacecowboy

Thankx box !!  :lol: 

What's the delivery report issue. I must have missed it? Seems to work on mine ??

No problem ;)

The fact you can't set text delivery reports on by default for SMS's (yet you can mms)! I'm sure it can be fixed by a tiny software patch (or the right key in the registry but no one can seem to find it).. whether it will or not is a different matter!

jon

I'm very happy with the E200, given the marked improvements on response times. (More memory helps)

Mind you, did upgrade from Nokia 6210e !

Slightly concerned re: handset sound (can sound a tad tinny), but fine using headfones or BlueTooth M3000 headset

It's just a shame the SVP was not launched last year at this level, but these things always take time & manufacturers try to save production costs by limiting onboard memory etc.

Guest leo-balou

There seems so much that has been debated about this phone on this forum.

This phone is an impovement on all the others. It's not perfect - just like the others - but it's better. If you don't like it - take it back. Orange can't really make it any easier for people to do this.

I'm keeping mine as the benefits far outway the few bugs that exist.

Amen!! :lol:

Guest gspot2207

Until i started this forum i thought that every one hated the E200, all i read was "the E200 does this or does that" 90% of them were bad comments.

I bought my E200 before i had read any of these bad comments and now i have read them, it does not change my veiw on this phone.

The moral of the story is "Dont Knock It Until You've Tried It".

I think this phone is ace!!!