MPx200 amazingly cheap!

Guest cyrilthefish

Guest cyrilthefish

I've never noticed it before, but after looking through the prices for upgrades on www.orange.co.uk (i'd assumed they would be approximately the same price)

MPx200 = £0-49.99 upgrade price

E200 = £99-199 upgrade price

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Is there any reason why the E200 is around 4x the price of the MPx200? I've never seen any MS smartphone available for anywhere as near as cheap as the MPx200 is at the moment...

I've still not decided whether to wait for the MPx220 or not, but that has without doubt utterly convinced me not to get a E200 (especially with the battery life and joystick issues on the E200)

Guest Bunchie

Yes the MPX200 is very competitively priced. I believe that this may be the Smartphone to really "put the name out there" and sell a lot of units to many consumers who wouldn't have thought of having a smartphone before. :lol:

Try onestopphoneshop - your plan 400 for 4 months @ £50 a month, free handset aaaand.. £170 cashback :eek:

I think its £100 on £30 a month :lol:

There's some mad subsidising on this - it's cheaper than the V600 and V500! (this is a V700)

Guest stevewright

Onestopphoneshop: Choose O2 400 (£45 a month) and £170 cashback.

My calculations: phone + 4 months rental + 8 months rental - cashback.

£0 + £45 * 4 + £10 * 8 - £170 = £90!

Orange have offered me an upgrade to it for £125 (i'm only in month 7). Hmm. May use this as a bargaining tool!

Guest FrankyG
Onestopphoneshop: Choose O2 400 (£45 a month) and £170 cashback.

My calculations: phone + 4 months rental + 8 months rental - cashback.

£0      +      £45 * 4        +  £10 * 8          - £170        = £90!

Why would you drop the rental to £10 for the last 8 months? Is that just to show how cheap a years ownership could be?

Guest stevewright

Kinda. I want to upgrade my phone, and although the MPx200 is free to upgrade to, i have time remaining on my current contract. Thus Orange charge a fee of £125. If i bought the phone from onestop as i described, put my current sim in it, and just put the new sim in a cupboard, it would cost a total of £90. It'd just be a cheaper way for me to upgrade.

Of course, I'd rather Orange just made me an offer, save messing around with another contract. That said, I could put the new sim in my old phone and have 4 months of 400 minutes to use up.

How little do you reckon they'd offer it to me for? Bear in mind I'd be "saving them" 1600 anytime x-net minutes!?

Will phone up this afternoon, and report back!

Guest FrankyG

I'm about to do the same - although I've only got 3 weeks left on my contract so I'm hoping they'll offer a free upgrade and possibly extra talk/texts. If they don't then I'm not worried about cancelling, what with 2000 text's it's no big deal to contact friends with new number. I'll report back later :arrow: :arrow:

Guest stevewright

I insist on going down the upgrade route (be it bodged like above or not).

This not because I'd have to tell all my friends / family my new number - that's easy, especially like you say with 2000 texts (my phonebook ain't that big!)

I've now a 4th year student, so have moved house loads of times, so when banks / gas companies etc ask for my phone number, I always give my mobile. You can't just text them...

Guest FrankyG

So Orange DID try to keep me!

I phoned up to cancel, got put to another dept...and after a bit of chat I was offered a Free Mpx200, 120 mins x-net+250 txt(£25), or 200x-net+500txt(£30) AND the 2000 free txts for 6 months. Not a bad effort really, but still can't beat the offer from onestopphoneshop. Although the nice Orange gal did say I could call up any time until I'm disconnected if I want to change my mind. Gives me time to give the Mpx200 a run, see how it performs. Did you have any luck?