bad batch of e200's so i'm told

Guest bikespod

Guest bikespod

just been on to orange again after i could hardly make out a work contact on other end of phone. i was put thru the diagnostic, but only after being asked for my imei number. the nice chap also told me that there have been lots of problems with this phone. also there is def a problem batch of e200's. the buzzing being one of the reported problems. they are sending out a new one on monday as i'm away. he said they are testing them before despatch. we will see. fingers crossed. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest spacecowboy6982

Interesting stuff !! Should it not be that this "fresh batch" should go straight to the guys that have dodgy earpieces. I think that would only be fair to them :?:

spacecowboy

Guest bikespod

not sure how reliable this blokes opinion is, he may have been saying what i wanted to hear. i was grilling him. he also said orange were unsure about releasing when they did. i'd better get a good one this time. good luck to everyone else with bad speakers. lucky gits to those with good uns. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest IanBlackburn

Got my E200 on Tuesday from Orange upgrade, and it had the buzzing. Just got off the phone to Customer Services, who apparently ran a diagnostic on my phone while I was talking to them (can they really do that?) - and they said that a software fault had been detected! (Either that or they just realised it was from the dodgy batch, but hey "software fault has been detected" sounds so much better :wink: ).

Anyway they are sending me a new one tomorrow morning. Can't complain at that service...

Ian

Guest psneddon

Me too :lol:

I have not got Orange Care but I thought I'd give them a ring about the buzzing ( I also have dust under my screen already but I did'nt mention that) - They also said they had detected my unit was faulty using a test and I'm getting my new phone tomorrow ;)

I've only to hand the phone back, not the battery or sim, do I get a brand new phone? Do I get a box? just asking.

Paul

Guest rikwebb

Had the same buzzing rattle squeak pip thingy on mine. When I called them, as soon as I told them my IMEI number, they ordered the replacement without question......

They are sending me a brand new one fully boxed !! - not a re-furb.

Between 6 and 10 tonight !!

Quick, does anyone know how to delete all my contacts out of the phone ??????????

Rik

Guest spacecowboy6982
Had the same buzzing rattle squeak pip thingy on mine. When I called them, as soon as I told them my IMEI number, they ordered the replacement without question......

They are sending me a brand new one fully boxed !! - not a re-furb.

Between 6 and 10 tonight !!

Quick, does anyone know how to delete all my contacts out of the phone ??????????

Rik

My god - what the hell is going on here. This doesnt sound like Orange atall ! Even if they said they'd deliver it to you 2moz Rik would have been good - but 2nite !!! Unreal :shock:

spacecowboy

OK - conspiracy theory no. 1 ...

somebody let's slip that there was infact a 'faulty batch' of e200's. orange create a list of the IMEI numbers involved, & tell CS that if anyone phones in with any of the faults deteced, tell them that they have run a 'software diagnosis' & found a fault, their phones will be replaced immediately without question. No fuss, no bad press!!??

conspiracy theory no.2 ...

the e200 is inherently faulty. for whatever reason, the phone passed testing still containing faults. orange didn't even realise the extent of these faults until it was actually released & a large number of comlaints/returns started happening immediately. in order to avoid the bad press about releasing substandard equipment, a "rumour" is circulated (into the waiting ears of msmoblies - a known double agent) about "faulty handsets" & "e200s being recalled". orange can then completely deny these rumours with some quality sound bites, saying they're right behing the e200, & they are constantly updating & improving their technology!!

Eh, eh?? :lol:

I'm just stirring ... :wink:

EDIT : after a quick read thru, I thought it would be fair to point out conspiracy theory no. 3 ...

There is no "faulty batch" of e200s, nor is it inherently flawed. It is infact a superb new piece of technology, which, like other mobile devices before it (remember when the spv came out about this time last year??) is subsceptible to bugs at first release (remember windows 98??). & all the fuss is really being blown out of all proportion with conspiracy theories!!

Guest rikwebb

My god - what the hell is going on here. This doesnt sound like Orange atall ! Even if they said they'd deliver it to you 2moz Rik would have been good - but 2nite !!! Unreal :shock:

spacecowboy

Sorry spacecowboy, slightly mislead you there, I called then late last night (about midnight), not today.

TNT have been 6 on the dot. He wanted the phone, battery, and charger back. I could keep 8mb card, docking station (which charges without seperate charger!!), box, manuals, cd's etc.

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS!!

The bloody thing is making the exact same buzz, rattle thing when I call 150 !!!!!!

So getting the new one sent out, made no diference at all, apart from I have to set it all up again.

I will see how things go, when using and get another sent if its no better.

OH, WHILE I THINK ABOUT IT ---- WARNING.

If you are still in your trail period and get sent a replacement for a DUFF PHONE, Orange seem to think that you accepting the phone!!, and will not then let you send it back for a refund if you are not happy.

You can imagine what my response to this news was :x :shock:

[RANT] If you cant hear the person on the other end clearly, then a PHONE is not operating as a PHONE. At the end of the day, no matter what else it does, if you cant use it as a phone effectively, its not doing its job. [RANT]

There, I have said my piece.....

Rik

Guest Russell@home

I have had alot of replacement phones through Orange (all Nokia) & they send it on a next day service. you get the phone & nothing else no battery, sim, charger, manual, etc. the TNT driver should make sure that you swap out just the handset. I will be heading into Worthing Orange retail Sat AM for a replacement phone (mine was an upgrade) as it has the buzzing & BT is shite, <5ft range on the moto 810 handsfree!

Guest stu_lowe2003
I have had alot of replacement phones through Orange (all Nokia) & they send it on a next day service. you get the phone & nothing else no battery, sim, charger, manual, etc. the TNT driver should make sure that you swap out just the handset. I will be heading into Worthing Orange retail Sat AM for a replacement phone (mine was an upgrade) as it has the buzzing & BT is shite, <5ft range on the moto 810 handsfree!

The reason they only send the phone and not the battery and accessories is because they are usually refurbished handsets. That is what the small print in your ToS says.

This is why I had 9 6210s, cos they all had the same problem that Orange didn't recognise, so it was never fixed in the refurbs.

If they are sending you a new phone then it will be boxed and sealed (if you kick up enough of a stink you will get a new one).

With the E200 being new they may have some replacement units already set aside for faulties, either that or they have had enough back to start recyling already.

Stu

Guest bikespod

Calm down people. I asked the chap if the phone would be new or not, he responded with the fact that it was too new for refurbs. they are apparently given a list of check boxes for replacements, one for phone, one for battery etc. hence you can receive just the handset.

that said, the last one i was sent(next day) was organised with a swap of handset, battery and charger. the courier however turned up with a complete new box(complete with buzz unfortunately) so make sure you have it all with you just in case. don't want the courier to go off without exchanging, just because you didn't have the complete box. i so want a buzz free phone, the other bugs i can live with. its too late for me i already like it too much. ;) :? :shock: :x :roll: :cry: :lol: don't know what to feel, can't help thinking i will just be disappointed again [-o<

Guest Squuiid

Bikespod, I went through exactly the same thing as you. Courier showed up with a brand new box, I swapped it all and got ANOTHER buzzing phone. He wouldn't let me test it first! If I'd been abvle to I would have rejected delivery and then sent back my original E200. They are ALL BAD ! Go into ANY Orange shop, ask to try one out . They ALL BUZZ!

Orange are getting back to me todat about it. As for the SD Card incompatibilities.... don't get me started ! This phone has SERIOUS issues and Orange should be ashamed to have released it. :evil:

I've just spoken to 150 and a new handset is coming to me tonight between 6 and 10. They did the OTA diagnostic thingy and detected a fault apparently :?:

Orange are clearly accepting that there is a problem with these E200s, despite Mr Orange's denials.

Now all I've got to do is back everything up, wipe everything off, wait for the courier, restore everything, set up all my shortcuts again and hope for the best. Wouldn't be great if everything just worked!

(Slightly off topic)

Maybe it's a Windows Mobile 2003 issue. I bought myself an iPAQ 3 days ago which runs 2003, and that's got to go back too. So in a week, I've spent £500 on faulty MS powered products :cry:

Guest psneddon

I am curious to find out why Orange are so eager to give us replacements especially since the fault is not fixed, I suspect it may be that there is a faulty batch but the faults they have detected are NOT the faults we are complaining about :lol:

It seems strange to me too that they are insisting on replacing the battery and charger, not just the handset. There's definitely something going on, but they won't admit it in public coz that might affect sales.

I think it is a shame. I was really glad to recieve the phone, originally. Noticed the buzzing right away and the battery issue later. I think this is not just one batch, but may be a whole lot of batches?!

Anyway, I like the phone very much, but it has to go back, as I have to have a phone that lasts all day (with bluetooth).