mpx200 - free with double minutes for upgraders

Guest mojo

Guest CamperBoy

Well, I've joined the MPx200 gang too! :)

Rang orange upgrades, I wanted to move from 200 to 400mins anyway as I was using over my 200 mins every month. Got standard free MPx200 upgrade, negotiated 500 free texts every month (after being transferred to customer services) and a months free orange world access (3mb GPRS + 10 SMS + 20 MMS) £4 a month after that, (I was getting stung for GPRS cos orange didn't put me back on the GPRS bundle after I was on the free e-mail package thing :x ), then she said, "your down for delivery tomorrow then" !!! Cool !!! Wish I'd asked for free double minutes aswell (or is that pushing it a bit?)

Not bothered about bluetooth or camera anyway, hardly ever used the SPV camera.

Only thing is my first poor little SPV is going to be redundant :cry: she's been a good little phone, never replaced once, had her the full year through all the ups and downs of updates, bugs and tweaks :-({|=

:D

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
What contract were you on ??? You could always get one free from onestopphoneshop with new number and then change current orange talkplan to OVP Virgin Mobile and forward any calls onto your new number...i think its free and their is a thread on this somewhere in this forum.....what talkpan do you have ??? It must just be pot luck on who you get as i was adament i was leaving....
I got one free from ONESTOP, but what's this OVP Virgin Mobile thing?

No need for the answerphone message, call orange everyphone and forward all calls to your new number, won't cost you anything other than the call to everyphone.

But will it cost the person calling any different? Could you give me a link to more details?

Basically, I'm a Vodafone user coz all my family friends are on Vodafone and calls to and from them are free. I really wanted the MPx200, but only Orange were offering it free, so I got it on the YourPlan 120 tariff. So is there any way my friends and family can call my Orange number and not need to pay the extra for cross network? Some of my friends don't have x-network minutes in their tariffs so they only call my Vodafone number. :)

Guest TeddyBare
I just spoke to them. THey didn't offer me anything - just gave me my pac code. I'm not too sure what to do now...

They did this to me too, but a few days later I got a letter offering to match any price plan I had seen if I'd stay with Orange. In the end I signed up and got 120 mins Any Network and 250 texts a month and an MPX200 for £25 a month.

Not sure if its a brilliant deal or not, but I'm happy which is the main thing I guess.

Customer Services told me that they have very little power, but that the retentions department can do almost anything they want. Considering my spend is only a pound or two over the service plan cost, they seemed very obliging.

Please don't anyone tell me if I got a rotten deal, I'd rather not know :)

Guest arman68

Thanks for the tip: I just called them today and they gave me a free upgrade to the MPx200 without having to change to a more expensive plan. I tried to upgrade just a couple of days earlier but they were asking for £49.99 for the phone on the 60 minutes plan.

Another tip for people who can't get a good deal: when I talked to the upgrade guy he said I could get the phone for almost free by doing the following:

1. upgrade to a more expensive call plan which qualifies for the free phone

2. wait for the billing date

3. order the free upgrade

4. keep the phone for 1 week

5. downgrade to the original talkplan

That way you only end up paying the difference between the 2 plans for 1 month.

worked for me....contact ends this month....

doubled my talk time.......240mins....free

free texts...60

phone on the way.

(was going to wait for new motorola but looks like thats not out until summer and my SPV battery is bug___d)

THANKS!

i just phoned up (150,6.3.3) 'enquired' on how i would port my number to another network, they asked me why--i said i wanted that free text messages that O2 are offering---she went away for 5 mins and came back and said i could have 500free texts a month on Talk200.

she said this is a deal there doing for people upgrading (i would have went for double minutes but i text LOADS)

im happy MPX200 here this week :lol:

Guest gazzampx
I just spoke to them. THey didn't offer me anything - just gave me my pac code. I'm not too sure what to do now...

You cant just phone demand a pac and hope the'll beg you to stay, cause to be honest but harsh £80 a month to them is naff all!

Ask them what they could do for you because you are seriously considering moving but make sure that you could actually get a deal somewhere else! AND TIP 1: never argue with the person on the phone, just agree an be cool an redial! it's true that it can depend on who you speak to! if you argue an start swearing an demandin free things they will just notepad your account an then whenever you call again they can see that your tryin it on! 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DancingMatt

I don't get it - I've called Orange three times, each to say here are some recent major problems I've had with your SPV and your network so look, I'm thinking of going to 3 or to O2, that what I'm interested in is an E200 and some daytime anyone minutes, plus a few texts, say 100 - nothing extreme like 500 - and they're offering me E200 for 39.99 and £30 for doubled-up 200 Anytime minutes. Plus 120 texts for further £8.

I said I wasn't happy, don't feel like being treated fairly as existing customer, asked for PAC code and got it. Got a letter today too, rung them and same deal. No "free 500 texts" like some of you have got, no free E200.

What do you have to do? Three people I've spoken to say "That's all their system can come up with" for me, so there's no flexibility.

Guest Mcfly1955
they will just notepad your account an then whenever you call again they can see that your tryin it on! 8)

And believe me we will notepad the account too. :twisted:

But seriously take pity on us poor sods on the phones we are just trying to do our job. :cry:

Guest DancingMatt

Fair enough Mcfly, but it's really annoying that some people have got deals and others haven't. Still, not your fault.

Can you please confirm - does your system offer deals and that's all you can do? No flexibility? It seems like others have said I want free texts with that and got them.

Guest Mcfly1955
Can you please confirm - does your system offer deals and that's all you can do? No flexibility? It seems like others have said I want free texts with that and got them.

99% its all the system driven and it works like this

Basically there are three CLV (customer loyalty value) Bands

Low, Medium and High

Which band you are in, depends on a number of factors, the main 2 are your average monthly spend over your last 3 bills, and how long since you connected/did your last upgrade.

There are others such as how many replacements you have had, so if you lose or damage your phone a lot it will lower your rating. As far as I’m aware faulty phone replacements don’t get included in this, because that out of your control.

The CLV bands are then broken down too, that’s why on occasion “Customer A” maybe on exactly the same talk plan as “Customer B” and have had their handset the same length of time but because there is a couple of pounds difference in their bills it effects what offers can be given.

All that aside things like free texts most of the time is down to the whether the system offers it but there is that 1% that comes down to who you have spoken too, occasionally someone will bend the rules for you. :wink:

Sorry if this is a bit long winded :lol: