So you think Bluetooth Car Kits won't work...

Guest jonblakeburn

Guest jonblakeburn

For all those that can't get the E200 to work with Bluetooth car kits, may I suggest the Sony Ericsson HCB-30. I tried it last night in a mate's car and it worked with no problems whatsoever!

hcb-30.jpg

More info can be found Here

After pairing with the car kit (Using 0000 as the passkey) it's simply a matter of setting Bluetooth to "On" rather than Discoverable, and away you go - Anytime you make a call it'll switch to the handsfree kit automatically. It'll even show you a picture of some headphones next to the BT logo on the phone to let you know :lol:

Cheapest I've found so far is £112 at Mobilefun.co.uk, but with the new law coming into force tomorrow, I think I'll pay that!

hi buddy

fantastic news! more important then doing calls would be if you can also receive them - because the parrot ck3000 is also able to handle outgoing calls but no incoming. can you please check that too?

would be funny to see that ms smartphone makes se/// rich because its the only real working bt fs kit (IF it works in both directions).

please let me know if it works! i'll go for one then within a minute...

cheers, lutz

Guest jonblakeburn

Apologies for the late update - I had to wait til this morning to check it out!

You'll be pleased to know that yes, the HBC-30 does work!.

Answering the call is done by a small button the the handset (Shown in my first post above) so it's not *totally* handsfree, but at least it's legal (in the UK anyway) and its a much tidier option compared to many wired handsfree kits.

Hope thats some good news for you Bluetooth lovers! :lol:

hi jon,

now this is really good news! so, once the carkit and the e200 are paired its fully interacting - weather you do a call or its coming in? thats great! of course you have to look for the number of the one you want to call in your contacts and then push the dial button on the e200 - there is no voice dial in it yet (would be cool to test it out with fonix voice dial, there is a limited trial version!!!).

can you confirm that incominc calls can be handled by the bt-kit answer/hang up button?

thank you for the extra checking :-)

cheers, lutz

Guest jonblakeburn
Can you confirm that incominc calls can be handled by the bt-kit answer/hang up button?

I can confirm that Lutz - There was no problem at all when answering calls via the BT Kit's answer/close call buttons.

Only thing it lacks is Voice Dialling, but if there's an app for the SPV that'll handle it then the problem's solved!

:lol:

Guest leo-balou

Great new!!

It's a Sony Ericsson HCB-30 for me then.

Anyone know a good holder for the E200 so I can see who's calling and so I can dial using speed dial - and maybe even charge the phone (seeing it goes flat after a couple of hours being attached via bluetooth)?

I can't wait for the fix to the CK3000 - I'll have lost my license before these guys get their act together.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adambern

I've got the Parrot CK3000 working (version 3.10 and 3.11). It'll make outgoing calls no problem. To get incoming calls working, you seem to need to have Car or Head Profile 'auto-answer in' set to 2 seconds. After that, wait for the incoming call, give the E200 and the CK3000 a mo' to talk, when the Parrot gives the incoming call tones, hit the green answer button and you're away. The only disconcerting thing is that on pairing, unlike the SE T610 which gives a pairing complete tone, the E200 gives nothing. But it does work...

• 1 month later...
Guest deanmorgan

Maybe I am being stupid here but how do you get the car or headset profile to be active to chage auto answer??

The only way I can get that active is buy plugging headset in which still doesnt work to receive calls through parrot ck3000. Phone recognises CK3000 as headset profile but doesnt keep the connection active all the time like other handsets (T610).

This is obviously the problem.

Any info would be appreciated.

I actually mailed parrott and got a reply saying E200 works 100% with CK3000......Dont Think So!!!

Lots of rumours going about but has anyone actually got it working???? :oops: :oops:

I also have problems with the Ck3000.

I can initiate and receive calls for the first couple of minutes when the Ck3000 is switched on. Any such calls will work reliably for hours.

However, after the CK3000 has been switched on for over a couple of minutes it just doesn't work. I have to power it back off and on to make or receive calls.

I am running v3.11 firmware so nothing much more I can think of trying. Appears to be the CK3000 at fault since it needs the reset to work again, not the phone.

To anyone that has a CK3000 working reliably, what software version are you running?

Graham

Guest inspectorgadjet

Does anyone have both the car kit and a SE bluetooth headset? I have had the phone working with the HCB-30 for a long while, but the frustrating problem is that I have an HBH-60 headset as well, and if I want to use one or the other, I have to repair everytime so it asks if I want to use the device as a headset. All my other bluetooth phones automatically use whichever one is in range.

It's driving me batty!!!!

Guest mardeman

I am currently using a Jabra 2000 unit with my E200. The only problem. By the time I drove London Swansea and return, the battery was dead.

Ora are supposed to be bringing out a specific car kit for the E200, but has anybody yet found a car charger for the E200.

I have found a car kit on mobilefun, but it is £40.00 and I would like to wait and see what Ora can do.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Guest mardeman

I hope you are right, as I have just ordered it.

I am lucky enough to have two batteries as I got orange to send me a replacement within a couple of days of getting the phone becasue the battery life is so bad. I am sure that at some point they will ask for it back.

Thanks for the help.

Guest mardeman

REceived it last night, and it seems to work fine.

I also spoke to a company last night who are advertising a full hands free (fitted) kit for the E200. When I asked to confirm that they had tested it on the E200 they said that they were having problems.

They think it will still be a couple of months.

All because the 100 and 200 have different power ratings.

• 1 month later...
Guest Randallc

On the advice of this forum I have purchased and installed the HCB-30.

I have it paired and working however...

I can start a call from the car then exit the car session by pressing and holding the home button then selecting the option of "transfer call from car" however I would like to do it the other way as well and can not work out how to do it.

eg: Start a call while not paired to bluetooth then transfer it to the car when it pairs.

Has anyone sucessfully done this?

Thanks

Randall