Mitac Mio Rom in Danish

Guest jojoe

;-) Thanks a lot, but credits belong to "@nonymous" I am just proud that we have him in our community... btw swedish: I'll tell him... we have about 1 MB Space left in the Rom...

my best regards

joe

To all of you who are wondering; This is NOT an update for any of the SPVs! ... Its for Mitac's 8380 smartphone.

BTW; Joe, if you we're able to make a custom Mitac Rom ... Why not a custom SPV rom?!? ... And what about trying to have some fun with the Dopod rom?!?

Thing about the Mitac is, we are here in a way "allowed" to, cos' there is nothin special in the rom like tools from IA or so, for that you will have to pay license fees. Sure you can hack out some stuff...

BUT: It would highly disturb our good relationship to a special carrier in Europe, if we would do so. Dumpin a 2k3 dopod rom, adding multilingual support would affect as well the more than friendly partnership between MJ and that carrier company for special in switzerland, you can understand. I'd support nothin, that brings mobilejoe.de or me into danger and I'd never support anything that is against any policy of Microsoft.

OT:

Everything on that is as well against our mission to support Microsoft and Carriers to bring that Smartphones on the market. Think a moment about it. I live in Germany - we have no orange carrier. We have t-mobile, vodafone, KPN eplus and o² Networks - no one is bringing a smartphone to the market - cos' their thinkin about their profit, are sponsored by nokia and shitting in their pants before they even think about it. My Mission statement on that is to be read here:click

You have it - a Microsoft Smartphone - directly from orange for about one year now. So please - think about it a moment before the next time you say anything against orange. We have nothin and we have to fight, to get this little thing over the boarder to germany. Don't understand me in a wrong way - I don't have anything against tweakin' or so - the more that is cos I like that OS from Microsoft, that gives me so much freedom to do so much with it.

Rom again:

Next thing is, that it is not easy to fit everything on the right place into the rom. You can't drag'n drop, you have to think binary. @nonymous is in a way thinking like in "Matrix".

What we can do in a legal way eg. with imate or qtek roms - is adding carrier information, placing favourite links or sth. like editing boot up logos or homescreens or adding network links/ gprs & vpn connections.

Thing about Mitac is, we had no way to use it in our language. So much mails to Mitac were unanswered to implement our languages in that rom that we had to help ourselves. That's cos @nonymous released that rom.

So at the moment, I have to be careful in what I say and what I support to be released from @nonymous and I hope, that I'm not beeing understood in a wrong way.

Next thing is, we'd like to update the rom to fix things like SMS and WAP bugs - but we can't, cos we need an undecertified not hacked mio rom directly dumped from a smartphone (we don't have any undecertified unhacked roms...;-)) . Everything for that update is based on the original rom - even all bugs in that rom...

So if anyone could help us out in dumpin a rom (All what you need for doin that is a Mio, a card reader and a 64MB blank MMC/SD Card and 20 Minutes of time) @nonymous would really appreciate that. So please PM me, if you can help.

>JOJOE

First of all I like too say RESPECT

Next IF I had one it was already on the way, too you :lol:

Sorry I "just" the happy owner of a SPV...

But it`s great to know about the problems in germany too, keep up the good work.... :D