Carvas PPC

[173]Carvas_PPC.JPG

File Name :: Carvas PPC

Author :: carvas

Category :: Other

Description ::

it contains 3 files in the zip file, CarvasPPCalarm.jpg , carvas_PPCalarm.home.xml and alarmplugFINAL.cab

first of all copy the alarmplugFINAL.cab to your phone and install it.

then put the xml and the jpg file in your IPSMApplication DataHome directory.

then go to the settings menu, choose the home screen and then set "Home screen layout" to "CarvasPPCAlarm" and set the "Background image" to "CarvasPPCalarm" or leave it "Default", let the colour scheme be "Default" too.

it supports missed calls, all day events and call in progress that are shown bellow all the items.

regards!

P.S.: i used for the constructive base of this skin some parts of the skins of AdrianFIRST and a little gif image of mwille skin too hope you don't mind :lol:

Updated Tue, Jan 25 2005 5:01 pm

View File

Guest AdrianFRST

Ha!

Even your backdrop jpg has my icons on it, and the pixelation from my screen cap being an 80 quality jpg...

If you'd drawn it yourself, as I have, there would be a smooth gradient.

I know there's no copyright on this kinda thing, but I think it's more than a little dishonest to rip off someone else's work and claim it as your own.

Guest moo_ski_doo
I know there's no copyright on this kinda thing, but I think it's more than a little dishonest to rip off someone else's work and claim it as your own.

Err... so where did you get the idea for this homescreen from then? Think of it yourself did you? I bet you drew the icons yourself too...

Guest AdrianFRST

No, of course not.

What I mean is that I worked out the XML, how it would look on the smartphone compared to the PPC, omitting the owner info and replacing it with the carrier and profile, and working out where to put the MRU.

I post a preview in another thread, a number of people say how they like it, then suddenly this one appears, and uses my screenshot as a base.

I'd be stupid to try and claim it's 100% mine, but I'm a little pissed that someone's made minor alterations and posted it before mine.

That doesn't sound too immodest does it? :lol:

Guest moo_ski_doo

Fair do's, I know exacly what you mean, your comment does come across as a little hypocritical, just being pedantic really tho :lol: If carvas has literally ripped yours off and taken credit, it is perhaps a little harsh. In all fariness tho, by its very definition, one PPC homescreen is gunna look very similar to another - there's not a lot you can do about that!

hello!

first of all i want to appologise to AdrianFRST that i stole his screenshot :roll: but i only did it cuz i made the skin (based on his idea) for myself and i thought that there was no problem in sharing it with everyone else. it's not a question of wanting to get the "prizes" for me, it's just a question of sharing... i hope you understand that!

if this makes you a little happier...

I THANK AdrianFRST FOR THE IDEA, AND FOR HIS HELP WITH THE SCREENSHOT :wink:

you made this skin possible :!: thx!

Very popular this item :D

I'm afraid I was there before the both of ya.. Mine was first posted (a screenshot that is) on october 4th in

THIS thread.

One difference is that the icons on the left in front every plugin are not part of the background image in mine, thus when for example the Allday appears / disappears the icons are still all in place :lol:

screen.jpg

Wow i really like that,but is their any chance of you doing a version with just the 1st screen with date time and carrier and possible add appointments on the first screen as i think that would be great,thanks

well... how about this?

Yeeess, seen those and they're very nice :lol:

Object of mine however was to show everything on the homescreen without having to touch a button (like my ppc)..

Hi, Mwille I was wondering if you could post your home screen on here for download, coz its the best PPC style one I have seen!!!! :D

Thanx :oops:

If you are refering to the ones with the "bliss" like background, they are downloadable in THIS thread.

If you want the last one (as posted a few posts back in this here thread) PM me and I'll mail it to you :lol:

Guest PsychoDave

Hey mwille,

Just wanted to say your PPC skin (Abstract) is crackin. Thanks for sending out. I've modded it slightly so it ended up as a hybrid of yours and the megaplug one by FrankyG.

Cheers again and keep em comin :)

As anyone tried the PPC Abstarct skin on an E200 as ive tried it on mine,and it doesant seem to display as in the screenshot,i hope someone wioll do a version for the e200 s this skin looks great,J273

• 2 years later...
Guest guybrush

Do you know of a version that works with WM5 running on SP5? This file is not working properly on my SP5. Currently, the Alarm plugin takes me to the "Remove Programs" menu, and not the Alarm menu! How can I fix that?

Thanks,

Guy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.