Mpx200 hangs at "HELLO MOTO" :(

Guest DJHope

Hi all,

I just thought id share my experinces with you after my motorola MPx200 died at the weekend whilst i was in amsterdam. Bacially i recieved my MPx200 on friday, and so far i was loving it (the nes emulator runs beautifully with the extra RAM) its a fantastic phone and a great replacement to my SPV, the build quality is amazing.

Anyways it died on saturday and just hangs at the "Hello Moto" screen, not sure if anyone else has had this problem but it wont even get to a hard reset screen.

I have just got off the phone from Orange and they told me that since they cant diagnose the problem over the air they have to put the query through technical support, fair enough i thought until i hear it could take 2-3 DAYS!!!!! WHAT?? 2-3 days just to hear back from technical support and then ill still have to wait a day for delivery which means 4 days without a phone, ive only had the phone for 3 days and its possibly going to take another 4 days to get a new one :lol: i wouldnt be soo annoyed but my SPV had the "stuck in headset profile" problem and they sent a new one out the next day, why is it that this is taking soo long?!??

I hate Orange :D

DJ Hope

Guest alphaflux

In "playing" with the phone I have experienced this a couple of times.

I assume you would have already tried this, but certainly on my phone removing the battery for a few seconds and then doing a hard reset has addressed the issue. Hope it works for you too. 2-3 days for tech support if a joke.

Alphaflux.

yeah i was about to suggest a hard reset, but BE PATIENT, the phone takes a good 5-10 mins to rebuild itself (and all the other apps are on the CD that came with the phone)

Yeh i was going to try that but i cant even get the Hard Reset screen to come up, i turn on the phone and hold down the blue action button but nothing happens, still sits there on the Hello Mota screen :lol: Think its had it!!!

DJHope

This happened to my phone this morning. The battery was almost dead. Seems it needed a certain minimum of battery charge to boot properly.

After charging for 20 minutes, it booted fine.

Neil

The first MPX200 that attws soldme was defective. The one they replaced it with is great. Like any manufactured good there are good ones and quality misses.

You do need a full charge or connected to power for a reset. My first one would not reset until it had full power.

Yeh its definately defective because i cant get it to boot even after a full battery recharge or even when connect to mains :lol:

Hope ornage clear this up soon!!

DJ Hope

excuse any mistakes in typing but have baby daughter in my other arm.

RIGHT............

my wife and i have had in total FOUR moto mpx200 replacements within aprox 8 days....

ALL phones had exactly same problem as you have had.

They all died and wouldnt switch on past the boot up MOTO screen.

We have had the problem rectified eventually in that we did our own research and found out that the problem is.....(wait for it.....) THE BATTERY!!!

You will probably find the same as we have spoken to two other people who have had this problem as well and after trying other batteries they too have seen the problem vanish.

I changed the battery in my wifes phone as soon as we experienced it for the first time and after changing it for my battery her phone booted up perfectly.

I am no expert but I am wondering now if it might be that the charge circuit that tell the phone how much power is in the cells might be defective on many of these phones.

It seems to be always the case that after recharging the phone the phone suddently stops booting up.

Have you had the other problme that we are still experincing in that the phone switches it self of for no reason at all.

We have studied these phones with a fine tooth comb and looked through both the orignal moto mpx200 distibution manual, reference guide, specification book and the Orange manual. None have any reference to any similar option that actually stitches power completely off. We checked the screensaver modes too but all are set up correctly.

This would seem to be linked to the battery failure.

regards

nixy

Guest FrankyG

Mine has just hung at the HELLOMOTO screen also. Tried various combinations of battery on/off, with/without charger attached but has no option but to master reset. I had been copying homescreens back and forward to the ISPMHome folder. Well, that's pretty annoying I have to say, especially if it is related to the battery, but how can this be confirmed? It's just come back to life again after hard reset, so here's hoping that won't happen again :?

Guest neuronisis

Had mine for a day and it hung on the hellomoto screen. It then done a hard reset. All the setting i adjusted had reverted back to the out of the box state. However this is better than my original spv. 8)

Guest LandyAndy

Hi,

Had my new Orange MPx200 phone last Thurs, died on me on Tues, am still waiting for the Orange tech's to call me back.

In the meantime found this Forum, got the help I needed, have done the hardreset, unlocked the phone, got a Matrix screensaver & am playing Doom.......

Orange sucks !!! There techsupport is out of the stone age...... the shop staff are all class act Muppets !!!

The guys on this Forum are all stars.... top blox them all......

Just my 2p.....

My phone died last Friday, the darn thing wouldn't load up. Rang Orange and because it had a 28 day garantee they provided me with a brand new one, very lucky as I don't have phone insurance. I also have an extra cradle and SD card, sweet!!

UPDATE: just had my second phone go, and am suspecting that it is the battery since the last replacement i had was just the phone and NOT the battery, it makes sense for the phone not to boot up if it believes it has no power since otherwise data loss might occur. Anyways just got off the phone from Orange and they will be sending out a brand new handset INCLUDING battery.

Surburb!!

Thanks Guys,

DJ Hope

Guest skydiver1118

1. Fully charge

2. When phone is off, hold blue key (action key), then turn on the power key.

3. Master reset screen should show up.

At least this solves my AT&T MPX200.

Guest ivor biggun

My mpx200 jams at hello moto screen everytime i start it, even if ive shut it down using the power button. I have to do a hard reset each time i want to boot up and then spend an hour putting all my games/skins/tones/utils back on. I have spoke orange and motorola and they all want the phone to test and promise to get it back in 4/5 days. I cant see that happening over christmas. Any ideas?

Guest skydiver1118

IVOR BIGGUN,

I suspect that software you loaded causes the hanging. Try not to load any additional software first, the restart phone to see whehter you have same trouble.

Guest ivor biggun

Cheers, that seems to have done it, once i had loaded everything on i only had 2% memory left, its only half full and seems to be re staring with no probs. time to invest in a bigger sd card!

Guest CPhoenix

Okay... I've just had the same thing now.....

My phone wasn't connecting via GPRS and was starting to run very slowly.

I tried to switch off my phone and it wouldnt do it. Attempted to remove the battery and my SIM card sprang out as I lifted it - which now appears to be broken and only the battery is holding the SIM in place.

After switching my phone back on it hung on the lake & mountains photo before the "SmartPhone 2002" logo for around 20 minutes. So I did a hard reset.

Overall my phone still seems to be a little slow in navigation and deeply concerned over the sim holder.

Grrrr - hopefully these problems be ironed out before the MPx220 comes out!

Guest Mr Magoo

My phone is a month old and ran like a dream...

I installed doom yesterday and had a few problems with menu screens hanging (turns out they were not hanging just damn slow) any way i got fed up with waiting and power cycled the phone to be greeted with hanging at the HELLO MOTO screen :roll: . after some frigging (battery out back in etc) i managed to get a hard reset which appears to be working as i sit and type this.

Infact it has just restarted. :wink:

Time to do a restore i think!

Guest rchiileea

err ive done a total of about 13-18 hard resets on my phone(experamenting with reg)

i have experianced this every time hang at moto screen

but it has always been due to registry corruption i have caused

and holding blue button first then powering on has always got me to hard reset

just an idea can people list apps they have ie ones that need system access/reg adjust

Qhas any one that doesnt have jmms installed experianced this

Qthose that have experianced this what comon apps u installed

im sure we could work out what this is together

(my mpx200 was a replacment after waiting technical for 3 days)

but then again wasnt having no more htc phones after the experiances ive had with them

Guest ivor biggun

rchiileea

Each time i carried out a hard reset i would unlock the phone using alphalux, install sms tools, tennis addict, a couple of complete home screens (ai2, kidz), caller id, pocket tv, task manager and a couple of small wav's plus some media files on the sd card and it would generaly jam up after a couple of days. I have since purchased a bigger sd card and installed everything possible on that and just put shortcuts to programmes where needed into ispm and had no probs since. Hope this helps