E200 - Update availability

Guest Mr Orange

Guest Simon Desser
And for the member on Page 1 that mentioned being able to send SOUNDS within and MMS - you CAN, of sorts already, and to a degree, BUT, you need to press the menu button and go to this.  For some silly reason its not in the composition of the message itself.

Are you sure :?:

My experience of the E200 is that it can't handle AMR sound files full stop, you can't create them (like you could on the SPV/E100) and if you receive an MMS with sound in it, it can't play the sound back :?

Guest shadamehr
Please add to this wish list the ability to make direct contact with the females displayed on Shadamehr's profile =p~

I can't quite arrange that, and I'm not so shallow as to make a full plug by typing it here, BUT, if you view my profile, it has details of my website on.

You can see more there.

As I now have an E200 phone though, and my site relates to Nokia, I have of course had to do a couple of new 'wallpapers' for my phone since then, that are not on my site.

If any one is keen enough, I can share them.

They are nothing too elaborate - just new images of the same sort of theme, sized specifically to fit using the Windows Basic Theme Style, with the Orange colouring. That is, a large size image at the bottom that fits the lower box window, and a smaller one up near the top right, to sit alongside the Operator Network text if you use that style of theme.

Sadly, the best I can do mate *lol*

Now don't get me in trouble over my avatar

Guest shadamehr

Are you sure :?:

My experience of the E200 is that it can't handle AMR sound files full stop, you can't create them (like you could on the SPV/E100) and if you receive an MMS with sound in it, it can't play the sound back :?

Er, seems that the review and tutorial I have just read about this must relate to the E100, as you are right.

You CAN add sounds though still on an E200 (maybe ringtone only though?), which was all I was really saying, by pressing the menu button in an MMS composition window. So what I was getting at was that there are more options available than just what appears in the normal composition box.

Sorry, and HTH mate.

Guest Simon Desser
You CAN add sounds though still on an E200.................by pressing the menu button in an MMS composition window.

That's the whole problem, the option's there but it doesn't work :cry:

Guest shadamehr

That's the whole problem, the option's there but it doesn't work :cry:

Er, it DOES for me mate, but only to list the selection of midi ringtones I have added to the phone myself.

And having said even that, in order to get these to be available to the phone as a ringtone itself (so thus, on a seperate note here), I found I had to copy them to a completely different folder on the phone to what the user guide tells me.

Making a 'Sounds' folder within the My Documents folder, as it suggests, meant they weren't available to the phone as ringtones, in the list of tones.

I had to place them somewhere within Applications > Windows or something similar (alas, my phone is on charge, and I don't want to switch it on right now, so I can't report the exact folder - I'll update this tomorrow.

So is this just me, or does everyone have to put songs somewhere OTHER than where the manual tells you, to have them become available as ringtones?

And if this IS just me, might this explain why I can add them in an MMS if others can't?

Guest Terrapin

29 - make the Voice Notes software capable of playing back its own voice notes. It records voice notes fine but doesnt emit any sound when playing them back, i have to use IA Album to play back the recordings.

Guest Pagemakers
29 - make the Voice Notes software capable of playing back its own voice notes. It records voice notes fine but doesnt emit any sound when playing them back, i have to use IA Album to play back the recordings.

Works fine on my E200

Guest crimminsky

You've probably got your sound turned down LOL

Guest Terrapin

hmm... okay, i checked the volume etc and it was all set up okay but nothing could be heard when playing through the voice notes software but it worked fine through IA album.

After a bit of fiddling with the active folder and speaker volume in IA album (not Voice Notes) the notes now play okay in Voice Notes.

taken three days of fiddling and i still have no idea why its suddenly started working. sorry for sending this thread off topic, if a mod wants to delete the posts feel free.

Guest Terrapin

30 - integrated GPRS counter, even if all does it does is record all traffic to/from the phone it will give an indication of how much of the monthly allowance has been used.

Guest casper508

31. I dono if this bothers anyone else but I would very much like the camera app to return to viewfinder mode after taking a pic rather than showing the pics taken and having to press BACK to go back to the camera. Or if it could show the pic for two seconds and then return to the camera or something like that.

Cas

31. I dono if this bothers anyone else but I would very much like the camera app to return to viewfinder mode after taking a pic rather than showing the pics taken and having to press BACK to go back to the camera. Or if it could show the pic for two seconds and then return to the camera or something like that. 

Cas

In Camera app -> Menu -> Options -> General -> untick Review Captured File.