Down\Left Diagonal Final Keytest UPDATE page 3

Guest awarner

Guest Bonzo

OK well I'm back... sorry for the delay guys but if things can go right for once this weekend I'll get that keyborad matrix done for U and post my results, (finally!!!), here... but right now I don't even have an MPx anymore :) mine died and had to be replaced by O with an E200!!!

Guest Bonzo

OK well as promised I have just quickly drawn out the matrix for the info given... I will try and get it into the PC properly and post it so all can see how it's worked out but!!!! I have to ask awarner... are U absolutely sure of the pin out??? The reason I ask is that when drawn out there are some VERY strange things about the matrix!!!

There are holes in it which is acceptable but U have the keys 5 & 8 on the same input line and output line!!! This most definitely IS a conflict... And if correct on a regular keyboard matrix would mean that hitting the 5 or 8 key would give the output for a 5 AND 8 key at the same time!!

This may be hard to follow but try and imagine the matrix looks like this... 5 inputs on the left, 5 outputs at the bottom... for each of the inputs there should be a single corresponding output on pin 8 so the outputs on pin 8 would be... Up, End Call, 3, 5 & 8!, 7... thus the same goes on for each of the ouptuts... what this then means is the decoder IC puts an output on a certain pin and knows all of the keys associated with that pin it then looks at each of the output pins, (again the decoder knows the keys associated with each output), so when it sees the input signal at an output pin it then knows exactly which key has been pressed... confused??? I am... lol

Best analogy is imagine reading a map... U know the longditude and latitude of a location so if U trace in from the edge of the map at each of these figures where they converge is where U want to be... that's how the decoder is working... So what does this all mean???

YES if the pin-out is correct there is a VERY definite conflict between the 5 & 8 keys but NO there should not be a conflict between the down and left keys as they appear on different inputs but the same output so I would personally say it's a software issue that can be solved with an update...

More to follow graphically when I have the chance... hope I haven't confused U all too much :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest jimi

dood somebody already posted this a long time ago. there is a short on one of the circuts when the diagonal down/left is pressed it shorts out or something and causes it not to work. the guy who posted said i think that he fixed his though, but he took his mpx200 apart. they don't work on any att models... or am i wrong about that...i think mine works :)

Guest awarner [MVP]

Sorry jimi but you are way off :)

The guy did not fix the problem as it is an integral part of the phones design, not caused by any form of shorting out.

I have done extensive testing and even ripped the keypad membrane apart to confirm the matrix layout and pinouts.

There are more conflicts than just the Down/Left one but if you try a game like Eclipse you will soon find them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rchiileea

lo awarmer its been a while remember when i gave you case what i told you about my arranment well i got a letter today from moto with delivery time :)

Guest biledemon

sup

diagonals do work with game "first wave eclipse" on mpx2200 if you set controls to setup 2, this gives 4 diagonals but then no direct up down left right, just diagonals, slightly more helpful maybe.

Guest Pondrew
sup

diagonals do work with game "first wave eclipse" on mpx2200 if you set controls to setup 2, this gives 4 diagonals but then no direct up down left right, just diagonals, slightly more helpful maybe.

What's an MPX2200? :lol: :lol: :) :? :shock:

• 2 months later...
Guest kLeGx0r

just tried it at jawbreaker and it works... but when i press down/left it klicks 2 times so i think its luck if it works or not.. ull have to press it down so that u hit the left button immediatly after the down button.. then it will work i think...

regards..

• 1 month later...
Guest santi_86

I've read the thread and it seemed like Awarner where about to find a solution but it's been more than a month since the last post and it looks like this subject has been forgotten.

:?: Is there any fix yet for this problem, or is it simply a hardware limitation with no solution? :?: