• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  • Interests:acid jazz, coffee, cigarettes & tweaking my SPV!!
You set the icon numbers in the exe file with the SDK, as explained in the how to document.

If you are using the Reshack method, then in the left hand file folders, is a foldre called icon groups, which will open up when you change an icon - the numbers are displayed in there.

"... time is an illusion ... lunchtime doubly so ..."
http://monosapiens.9f.com

mon_nom_est_arnaud

mon_nom_est_arnaud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Hmmm that does not work
Here's the .exe file
I'm right, the icon ressource number is 107 ?

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
OK m8 - I dont know where you are going wrong, and to be honest, its difficult for me to tell exactly what you are asking about!!?? Sorry! :oops:

But, if you are trying to change icons using Reshack, and you want to know the icon reference numbers for putting into the xml -

1) open Resahck and open the exe file you want to edit
2) from the menus choose action/replace icon
3) replece the icon with the icon of your choice
4) reshack will then show you a window with the icon assigned to an icon group folder (the folders appear on the left side). The folders are numbered (usually starting with 103). The folder number assigned IS the icon resource number you need for the xml (i.e. your icon is saved in icon group folder 103 - you put icon number "103" into the xml shortcuts.)

I REALLY hope thats what you are asking for! :shock:

statscat

statscat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
OK,

if you want to use the default icon for an application then remove the imagesource="" and the icon="" arguments and just use the action="" and point to your application (either the .exe or the .lnk file)

If left to its own devices the shortcut will load the default icon, bare in mind though that most of these icons are in fact 32 x 32 so if you want it to be 16 x 16 you may well get an "?" icon as it failed to find one of that particular size.

If you specify a non exsistant resource id as mon noe est arnaud keeps doing then it will load a "?" too, there is one exception whihc is -2 I think which explicitly tells the plugin not to load any icons even the "?"

bikespod

bikespod

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:motorbikes, gadgets
:lol: Well you all lost me way back on page one of this post. Just wanted to say this is excellent, so many options from one screen. Combined with X bar, you hardly have to access the menu any more. Thanks Dr.Blow and your consortium.

Hope you manage to help the chap across the pond. :D

Edit: If you select calender-week-month, it all gets a tad difficult to use, something to do with the colour scheme maybe??? other than that, so far i love it.

only dead fish go with the flow

mon_nom_est_arnaud

mon_nom_est_arnaud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I know why you don't understand :lol: 'am not talking about the xml file :oops:

Let's explain it another way : in the system registry, we can find default icons for each file type recognized by WinCE (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT).
For example I take the .htm file (HKCRhtmlfileDefaultIcon).
Here, the "Default" string as the "iexplore.exe,-1003" value.

How can I get this icon number (-1003, which seems to be different of the used one in any xml homescreen file) in the "myicons.exe" file ?

I hope everyone understood :wink:

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
@ bikespod

I know, the colour scheme is a little odd for those calendar options! Its not something I use very often, so I didnt even notice for a while myself. I never did figure out what to do about that! Other than that, glad you liked it! :wink:

@ mon_nom_est_arnold

m8, I have no idea now what you are talking about!
The simple facts are, if you are trying to get an icon number from the registry to appear on your homescreen, its just not going to happen. You have to make an icon resource. To do that you have to physically build an exe file (or edit one using reshack), and you have to have the desired icon included in that exe file. During the building/editing of the exe file, the number for the icon is set for you (either by SDK or reshack). That number is then inserted into the xml shortcut.

Thats it. Thats how you do it. If you are trying to do it a different way, forget it, it wont work. Just read the "how to" document in the zip file & make your own icon resource, include the icons you want to see, and then edit the xml to include your exe file name & numbers.

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
:lol: :D :(

I've just hit the wrong button & given myself a 1 rating!

I hate that drblow, he's always moaning ... :(

mon_nom_est_arnaud

mon_nom_est_arnaud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
That's done I forgot my first idea which was bad... :wink:

Look at my custom homescreen :

Posted Image

Isn't that beautyful ? :lol:

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
well done

mon_nom_est_arnaud

mon_nom_est_arnaud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Hmm yeah I think too ;-)
I can post the xml file if somebody wants

Posted from my SmartPhone!

smartphone addict

Hees

Hees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Too bad, much of the text is way too dark for me to read. I give it a 7. Obviously a lot of work has gone into this skin.

sunlite52

sunlite52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Got my new E200 this is GREAT. (a bit on the dark side though). Everything I ve tried works just great. I need to change my ringtone to adapt to my surroundings and can do that in no time now. luv it!

Tom Hilman

Tom Hilman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Would it be possible to use the key function to have one of the shortcuts launch straight into the sent items folder for sms messages? If so, what would the required line of xml be, especially I can't seem to find the appropriate window name. thanks for any help.

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
It may be possible - I never tried!! :D In the zip file for this homescreen, there is a 'how to' document, which includes a description of how the keyclicks work (there's also a bit in the first page of this thread). statscat did a cool send/recieve email shortcut, which proxied the same kind of clicks you're talking about to get to sent items.
Have a look at the how to document, & look at the xml for send/recieve email (if you can't find it, I included it in my latest SilverTabs homescreen). If you can figure it out - that would be another excellent shortcut for the e200, which I'm sure quite a few other people would like to see too!! 8)
If you can't figure it out, let me know & we'll work it out together - man!! ;)

Tom Hilman

Tom Hilman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I think the following should work from what i can see, but my cradle is at home so I will have to test it later. Will post results when I have them.

keys="!Inbox.MainWnd;~100;-TSOFT2;~100;-T0;~100;-TSOFT2;~100;-TDOWN;~100;-TDOWN;~100;-TACTION;~50"

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
Good lad! Let me know!! :D

Tom Hilman

Tom Hilman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Works great, though swap the delay values of 100 for 150 to be on the safe side.

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
Go on Tom!! :D

This xml editing stuff is easy, eh?? :wink:

If I was you, I'd make a new thread & post the entire portion of the xml relating to the shortcut to sent messages - I'm sure there will be other people who would like to know about this! 8)

Tom Hilman

Tom Hilman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I will get onto that just as soon as I fiddle with it a bit more. Have discovered that as it stands this only works if the SMS window is currently set to look at the Inbox folder. The problem is that I am having to use keystrokes to get out of whichever window it is, get to the folder list and move up and down. I guess I could make it work absolutely by using 5 up presses to force it to the top of the list regardless of starting point, and then working back down, but that seems cumbersome.

I also have a problem with the orange plugin and hope you'll have more idea than me. When I scroll across the top level icons at first, everything works as it should. However, very soon, the shortcuts below stop changing on the display. It seems the right shortcuts are still being loaded each time as I can, if I remember how many times to push the joystick, still reach and use them despite the display not changing. Any ideas? If having the xml would help let me know and I will post it up.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users