how many e200 owners waiting for tech supp?

Guest bikespod

Guest bikespod

can we try to compile a list of members who are awaiting news from tech support on buzzing headsets. I for one am sick of hearing that they are not aware of this problem. they have now asked me to send my phone in, no relacement offered temporary or otherwise. i said no, test one of the other two i sent back.

I am waiting to hear from them! I am on my 1st replacement, hoping to get the second because of the buzzing!(obviously), and i have a dead pixel right in the middle of my screen!

Guest leo-balou

After my first replacement I decided not to keep swapping the phone out and wait for a fix.

I was advised that the issue had been passed onto tech support and they would contact me shortly - mmmm, cough cough - that was about 2 or 3 weeks ago!!

Guest bikespod

Update on my situation. Tech support have got back to me and have now admitted that there is definitely a problem with the call quality on some handsets, not all ( which may be true, but i doubt it )

They have said sending a replacement would not necessarily guarantee a fix, so have declined this option. This is good as i can't be arsed with all that waiting for deliveries and re-installing.

Better though is that they do seem to have now admitted that there is an issue, and they are not ignoring it. No timescale on a fix, but they will be getting back to me.

This will not go away and i will persue this untill it is resolved one way or another.

Thanks for letting me know, those who are waiting on tech supp, its a bit more ammo for future encounters with orange. keep the names coming if there are others. :wink:

A week ago they told me it was a "network problem"! Called back last night to "inform" them, that having travelled over 150 miles this week, the call quality was exactly the same everywhere - so their "network" excuse aint gonna cut it!

Has now been sent back to tech support - so, I'm waiting! :twisted:

Now they've phoned me back to say that tech support have investigated the problem, & admit that there is a large no. of handsets with this complaint, so they are going back to the manufacturer to look for a solution.

Theye didnt say how long, or what the fix would be, & they wouldnt guarantee getting a replacement at all.

So we wait, & we wait ...

Guest bikespod

I guess we should take some comfort from the fact that it is heading back to HTC. How willing they are going to be to accept this as a fault, who knows??? I can see another delay of similar length while they decide what to do.

Also a bit worried by the couldn't guarantee a replacement line. I for one will not stand for that sort of behaviour. I'm going to chase them up now, just incase they think i've gone away. :x

Guest bikespod

:roll: no news as yet, but the phone call and query log on my account is enormous. It took the operator about 7 mins just to read through and get to the end. The new year it is then. I think mine is getting worse, the 150 woman is sounding more and more like one of doctor who's arch enemies. :wink:

Guest mdw_cubed

Hey Bikespod, I wonder whose account log is longer :wink:

I give up waiting while they are reading it and give them a summary. :)

Of course, they carry on and read it.

Last Friday (19th) I reported Buzzing on my 4th handset, the worst yet. Up to now all the handsets have been batch 343, the latest is from batch 342. It's been refered to Tech Support again for a Fault Code, they have yet to get back to me.

I was concerned about the replacement that I would get and that it would be a new handset, not some refurbished one. The 150 lady put a note on my account about my concern, quite a long one as well she was talking as she typed. She didn't see why I wouldn't get a new replacement as the fault was originally reported within 28 days of the start of my contract. It sounded as if the only way I wouldn't get a new handset is if Tech Support overrule it, presumeably because it is fixable. Though with the varying quality of calls, and the fact it has been refered back to HTC, it does seem like it is more likely to be hardware related. :D

They replied.. woo they replied.. asking for MORE postcodes where the issue is.

So I supply, and then....

They rang back and asked the same question again.. as the previous monkey had failed to close the call OR pass on the list i gave.

So lets see what happens

Will

They replied.. woo they replied.. asking for MORE postcodes where the issue is.

So I supply, and then....

They rang back and asked the same question again.. as the previous monkey had failed to close the call OR pass on the list i gave.

So lets see what happens

Will

So - that means they're still leading you down the path of "network problem", yeah?

Seems a bit odd! I thought there were only 5 or 6 guys in tech support!! :) Its definately distressing if they are getting mixed messages between them!

I was told that this is a known fault on the 18th Dec with the E200's and the problem is being investigated and that i will receive a call if any advances happen. I rang today because I was worried about not getting a NEW replacement if it was a hardware fault. I did report it the next day i got the replacement! so was entitled to one. The 150 women said that it is a know software fault! and that my action was closed! this meant that orange assume they can rectify this problem with an update! and i won't be getting my replacement as my problem can be solved. I am worried now that Orange still don't know what the problem is and that if it is a hardware fault, i will get a refurbished handset because i will have to report the problem again whihc will probably be outside 28 days! ORANGE dont know jack!

Any advice?

What have other people said to orangeto get some sort of result!?

Guest Squuiid

I had been waiting for tech support to call back after 30 days ! I kept pestering them every other day, and still no one called back. Yesterday I decided to return the damn thing. They're sending me out a bag to put it all in and I'm getting a FULL refund, even after the 28days. They said cause they had screwed up and not called me back in so long, they'd honour the refund. The E200 as it stands is a piece of sh*t. Terrible bluetooth support, bad battery life, SD slot eats battery and only some SD cards work in it, and the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... yes. I'm p*ssed off. :evil:

Gonna get an MPx200 as soon as the refund goes through. Can't wait! :)

Guest bikespod

keep up the pressure folks. i'm going to call tomorrow. they can't just close the file and hope it goes away. if its software related, when are we getting a fix. i can't put up with this buzz for as long as the last update took. its been too long already.Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest mdw_cubed

Just spoke to 150 and was told it is a network problem and that the transmitters are being upgraded. :?

They have a map showing the transmitters and where they are blue they have yet to be upgraded. I was told to try it in different areas and get back to them if I still have the problem.

I have to admit while speaking to the 150 lady, I hardly noticed any buzzing, though the automated voice was a bad as usual. Mind, I have started using the phone in a Krussell E100 case, I'll have to check if this effects the sound quality.

:) or :cry: ...I don't know at the moment.

Guest bikespod

well...no sign of my action being closed, simply just still being investigated and tech support will get back to me. presumably they will close it soon and make me wait for the never to arrive update. Posted from my SmartPhone!

mdw_cubed said

Just spoke to 150 and was told it is a network problem and that the transmitters are being upgraded.  

They have a map showing the transmitters and where they are blue they have yet to be upgraded. I was told to try it in different areas and get back to them if I still have the problem.

Did they actually relate these upgrades to the E200 buzzing issue or did they just happen to mention that there is a planned upgrade in your area ? You might have got the same respose if you had complained about general coverage/call quality.

Guest mdw_cubed

Martin said

Did they actually relate these upgrades to the E200 buzzing issue or did they just happen to mention that there is a planned upgrade in your area ?  You might have got the same respose if you had complained about general coverage/call quality.

They didn't outright state that this was the cause of the Buzzing E200 issue, and like Bikespod when I pressed for whether the action was closed, I found out it wasn't.

Back on the 19 Dec, when I reported this on my 4th handset, they done the network checks and all the updates at that time were done in my area by the end of November. However, when I spoke with the same person today, there were some outstanding updates which were attributed to poor call quality.

I have just tried calling my home phone and my wife's voice was buzzing as usual so I still think it's an issue with the phone. The 150 lady I spoke to was not buzzing though, which is probably why she has attributed it to a network issue and not the handset, as not all calls are suffering from the issue (The automated voice still buzzed badly though) . I might have another go tomorrow.

I wish Orange/Tech Support would just come clean and issue a statement on the issue. :)

Mind with the posting in the Non-buzzing E200 batch numbers... let's have them! thread concerning a buzzing Qtek 8080 HT348D, I wonder whether the fault lies at HTC's door. :roll:

Guest drblow

Called again today, & discovered my action was closed before xmas apparently! Nice of them to let me know! :evil:

Had a few stern words with helpdesk - & they are putting another action in to tech support. Seems like last years constant GPRS woes, will this year be replaced by constant speaker woes!

Was told that if theres been no solution in a couple of weeks, I'll get another replacement, but they seemed quite keen on talking me into the treo ...