DX OS X fix for Orange ROM

Guest randy

i am now using Orange 1.6 ROM and i was able to tweak the xml to make the other menu work. i just have a little problem on how to make the icon disappear and where to point the IA Album.

the original installer can be found here

below are the updated xmls. just extract and copy to /IPSM/Application Data/Home.

dx_osx.home.sd.zip

dx_osx.home.ipsm.zip

This is really the sweetest homescreen there is.

Unfortunately the fix for the orange ROM isn't working for me. Uninstalled, installed, patched and rebooted, all without result.

Will try the IPSM cab and fix...

Guest StoutMan

yes works a treat....It's a lot better now all I did was download the ipsm version installed in in the correct folder then choose a different theme then chosse the apple theme and hey presto all of the other icons now work.

Guest JasonKenny

Randy,

Truly a great Skin which I've been living with happily for weeks although I was pretty envious of the those who could access all the screens. Joy of joys you released a patch. 8)

Unfortunately I can't get the new patch to work and so can't access screens 5 thru 10 (i.e. album to links).

I'm running an app unlocked e200 on Orange in the UK. I've installed & reinstalled the files and tried both IPSM and SD versions but I can't get passed the setting screen.

I've even tried editing the xml using notepad...i've replaced references to IPSM with Storage (as this is what it's called on the e200) I've even replaced reference to IA_Album.exe to Album.exe..as it's been renamed on the e200.

My last hope is that you know what I'm doing wrong as I'm one step away from a perfectly set up e200. Perhaps the "plugin clsid" calls need to be different?

Regards

Jay

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

randy, i just upgraded to orange rom. i downloaded the updated xml's and copied to IPSMApplication DataHome. icons now appears but when i clicked on "Camera", i got an error. so reviewed the xml and found something...

orange rom does not come with IA Album thus no IA_Album.exe in Windows folder also.

since i have ia album v1.6 installed in my ipsm, i 'modified' the xml then changed the directory to IPSMProgram FilesIA StyleIA Album where you will find IA_Album.exe. it works now. :)

<!-- PAGE 5 (ALBUM) -->

<plugin clsid="{A1536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D076}" name="album" height="20">

<shortcut  width="100%" icon="64" action="WindowsIA_Album.exe">   <-----I GOT AN ERROR COZ OF THIS

<text></text>

</shortcut>

</plugin>

<plugin clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" name="spacer" height="180">

<background b-border-width="0" valign="bottom" bgimage="IPSMApplication DataHomedx_osxdx_osx_05.jpg"/>

<label font-size="11" x="72" y="123" fgcolor="#505050">

<text lang="0x0409">Camera</text>

</label>

<label font-size="11" x="71" y="122" fgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<text lang="0x0409">Camera</text>

</label>

</plugin>

orangeup.gif

Guest The Lostprophet

thought id say thanks as that sorted out all the probs i was having with this theme! :) now got it working nicly on my orange uk mpx200 :lol:

must b the best theme ive ever seen!! keep up the good work guys! hope to see many more things out of u :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dshaugney

I have an MXP200 (post hard reset) and i installed the IA Style Album_v20 that comes on the CD. I checked the file path is correct and the only thing I can think of is the wrong dll referenced in the CLSID entries. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Can someone do me a huge favour please and tell me what dll is under the followng CLSID's:

{A1536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D076} mine says orangeh.dll

Thanks in advance.

PS please please please

Guest dshaugney

that's tha strangest thing I've ever seen. After modifying the xml it still wouldn't work (countless resets)- until earlier today when it suddenly decided to work.that's tha strangest thing I've ever seen. After modifying the xml it still wouldn't work (countless resets)- until earlier today when it suddenly decided to work.

Guest Lucka_mpx200
I have an MXP200 (post http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset) and i installed the IA Style Album_v20 that comes on the CD. I checked the file path is correct and the only thing I can think of is the wrong dll referenced in the CLSID entries. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Can someone do me a huge favour please and tell me what dll is under the followng CLSID's:

{A1536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D076} mine says orangeh.dll

Thanks in advance.

PS please please please

Same kind of problem here. I've an mpx200 (not Orange) and can't find how to install above plugin.

I think it exists only on orange versions of phones. It should be the plugin meant to put shortcuts (with or without icons) in the homescreen. Maybe your hard reset wiped away the orangeh.dll but you have still the reference in your registry.

In my registry there's no reference to that plugin.

Any help?

Guest Lucka_mpx200

I think it would help. Thank you! Would you also be so kind to list all registry settings under the plugin clsid A1536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D076?

Lucka

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new her. Just installed tis sweetest homescreen on my O2 Xphone. I guess the folder structure is abit different than the devices you guys installed on.

I am wondering if Xphone is launched in UK? And, did any one install this homescreen on a Xphone? Need some help.

Thank you very much!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ratcom
Can i get the dock works on non orange rom???, i use mpx

thanks

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Same here its driving me MAD! :evil:

Its all to do with this plugin A1536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D076 as anyone got any ideas????

Guest Knight_of_Phalange

I downloaded the mac OS skin but I didn't like it so i changed the homescreen but the mac OS was still partially there like in programs it was still the same and as it started up and shut down it was still mac OS. Then I tried moving the files for mac OS off my phone and now I don't get my start up screen or most of the other gif images that were on there.

Can someone please help me. :?

• 1 month later...
Guest loratio
I downloaded the mac OS skin but I didn't like it so i changed the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen but the mac OS was still partially there like in programs it was still the same and as it started up and shut down it was still mac OS. Then I tried moving the files for mac OS off my phone and now I don't get my start up screen or most of the other gif images that were on there.  

Can someone please help me. :?

Yup! Had the same problem. All you got to do is uninstall the theme "Programs->Settings->Remove Programs"

Cheers

/Lo

Guest loratio

To solve the problem with IA_ALBUM.exe on the SPV (In my case SPV Classic) Just edit the xml where it says IA_Album.exe to say EzPic.exe instead. This will make the "camera" link take you to the built in photo handler / camera program.

I've attached my xml that has already been edited. Do NOTE! that this is the IPSM version.

Cheers

/Lo

dx_osx.home_IPSM.zip