i600 3rd Party Headset Problem

Guest JayJD

Tried out a variety of 3rd party headsets with my recently (12/03) purchased i600. One of them (not sure which) caused it to get jammed in Headset:Profile mode even with headset removed. Samsung Level 2 tech support said this was caused by any use of a non-Samsung headset with the phone (which I find hard to believe) and was not their problem. Verizon shipped me a new phone (Thanks!). In the process of moving my data from old phone to new, I finally erased all data on old phone and, lo and behold, the jam cleared itself.

Does anyone know:

1) if there is an issue is with using a 3rd party headset?

2) why the erase data cleared it?

3) if there is a good car speaker/mic accessory for the i600?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nickcornaglia

There is a tiny switch inside the headset jack that sometimes doesnt register when the headset is pulled out. This has been a problem on other smartphones as well starting from the original SPV, the e100, Mitacs, and MPx200s.

I dont think it physically gets stuck. I just think it forgets to tell the OS that the headset has been unplugged.

Other than a hard reset....many have found that continually inserting and pulling out the headset a few times clears the problem.

Guest michy44

This happened to me and I took it in to a Verizon store. The technician was able to fix my phone by setting the profile manually to 'Normal' while the headset was plugged in, and then removing the headset. I have no idea if this remedy works every time.

BTW, before bringing my phone in I tried to do a Hard Reset and this did not solve the problem.

- Mitch

Guest nickcornaglia

That thread is linked automatically whenever you type in

hard Reset

other words that are linked automatically are

OTA

plugin

just to name a couple. Some like the Hard Reset link are outdated as they are made for the original smartphones.