Full length movie running on my i600

Guest jeffbcell

Guest jeffbcell

This is my first post, so please excuse me if I am overly excited about something that the rest of you find to be lame. But...

I installed PocketTV on my i600. I then followed their directions for decoding/processing a DVD. I chose Willie Wonka and the Cocolate Factory because it was on top of my DVD stack. After replacing my SD card with a 2560MB SD card, the 170MB version of Willie Wonka now plays on my SmartPhone! Woo hoo!

I stopped by my Verizon store to show the salesman. He was blown away!

Has anyone else done other movies?

Guest nickcornaglia

That's great. And dont be ashamed of Willy Wonka by saying "it was on top of your DVD pile". That movie is THE BEST!

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams!"

"I'm gonna get a real one...colt 45. But dad wont let me have one yet...will ya pop?", "Not til your 12 son!"

"Hey Cornelia sweetie I still got it and how's this for a stretch?!"

Anyway....the only one I ever ripped for the phone was The Matrix (original). It's the best and usually blows people away!

Guest Skitals

A big reason i got the phone was for multimedia. I have some episodes of the simpsons, a couple chapters of the animatrix, etc. Keeps me occupied at work. I would never be anyplace to watch a whole movie on my phone, so I just stick to tv shows and such. The way I encode a half hour show comes to about 20mb... and quality is good enough that when I show people they say "WHOA! no way! and the picture quality is better then my tv at home!" Lol, yes, someone actually said that to me yesterday.

Everyone is usually EXTREMELY interested in the phone until I tell them how much it is :) It makes me laugh how quickly they lose interest.

Guest jeffbcell

IMHO, I don't think the i600 was really that expensive. A good phone with a color screen is as much as $200. That would be with a standard battery. i600 comes with the standard battery, plus a battery worth another $60. Other phones come with a basic A/C charger that plugs into the phone. The i600 comes with a cradle that's worth another $50 or so. Sync for other phones is usually another $20ish, but is included with the i600. The i600 comes with a high quality holster worth another $20ish, rather than a cheap plastic clip included with most phones. The included stereo headset is worth another $20ish. Last, but not least is a 16mb SD card... maybe $15 in value. Put that all togther and you have an i600 package that adds up to $385. Verizon has a deal where you get the package for $400 if you sign up for the unlimited data plan.

Sure, I may have added this up using upper-end values, but they aren't that far off. To get something that is cutting edge, it usually costs a bit more. I don't feel ripped off at all. In fact, I went back to the store to tell the salesman that he didn't do the phone justice when he pitched it to me. It is far better than he made it out to be.

I am one happy i600 owner....

that's always looking to make it do more :)

Guest awesterink

Did your steps for creating the movie include rotating the video to make it fullscreen? Otherwise it would be such a waste of screen real-estate...

Guest jeffbcell
Did your steps for creating the movie include rotating the video to make it fullscreen? Otherwise it would be such a waste of screen real-estate...

Yes and no. When I processed the movie, I spec the size to be full screen. However, I did not have to rotate it. That function is handled by PocketTV. Adjusting the program's options will determine whether it is played back at the larger size (as I had encodede it) or rotated back and reduced resolution to fit the portrait screen with wasted space.

Bottom line answer to you question is 'yes'. I took advantage of the full-scree realestate when I encoded it. But PocketTV does the 90 rotation at time of playback.

Guest mark_k
Jeffbcell,

When I ran DVD2AVI no .wav file was created. Did you have this problem?

Thanks

Mark

I found what I did wrong. I did not have The .wav option selected under menu->Audio in DVD2AVI.

Guest mark_k

Wehn installing Pockettv, how do you open the .CAB file on my i600 using ActiveSync?

When I double click on the .CAB nothing happens????? Do I need a tool to open it?

Thanks

Mark

Guest mark_k
Wehn installing Pockettv, how do you open the .CAB file on my i600 using ActiveSync?

When I double click on the .CAB nothing happens????? Do I need a tool to open it?

Thanks

Mark

Never mind I installed it from the .exe and it installed fine.

Guest mark_k

I just converted A DVD "Minority Report" and it works GREAT!!!!!!

It took a total of 8 hours for me to run through the process.

I think I need to do one for my little girl.

Mark

What is the corect way to copy 180 meg MPEG file to my SD card?

I can do it with a small file 2 meg but not with big file. it gets to about 32 meg and just dosent get any bigger. I try drag and drop but will not work so I do a edit>copy then past.

Guest Skitals

I got mine on ebay for like $10. Its a 5-in-1 card dreader and does SD, MMC, CF, MS, and SM cards. It's USB 2.0 Hi-spedd and maps each card as a lettered harddrive.

Its pretty sweet... I have XP Media Center and when im in Media Center if I stick my CF card from my digital camera in, media center knows and asks if i would like to view the pictures. Point is, it becomes a regular drive and sticking a mem card in is like putting in a cd.