Bluetooth Headset - how 2 change ringtone?

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

Just got myself a Bluetooth headset today, after toying with it for ages.

I must say for something with such a singular purpose, there's a lot of learning to be done.

But two main issues:

1) When my phone rings, it plays the correct ringtone for the caller ringing. But the headset just plays a twilight zone kind of electrical doo-wee doo-woo doo-wee doo-woo. Is this a limitation of the headsets, or can i change it somehow so that the headset also plays the ringtone? Its a Konnect/Kondor blue mini, and its quite nice and compatible.

2) Vito voice dial state that the product supports Bluetooth headsets. I assume they mean for voice dialling contacts when they say that, or what else could it mean? That being the case, how do I get it to do this, as I haven't got a clue, and can't seem to get it to do it...

Help anyone - with either?

If we had a working headset profile on the E200, you would hear your phones ringtone in your earpiece.

However, we will have to wait for the bluetooth to be updated before this will happen :)

Guest shadamehr

blewer - yeah, you are exactly right - figured it out after playing around with it, then using on a freinds moto v500, and my own n-gages.

On the E200, the headset is NOT, in a real sense, used as headset profile.

This means the ONLY thing it does is answer calls via software in the phone. It can't for example, be used to listen to music etc, or here the keyclicks typed on the phone - all the things that CAN be done using any other mobile that usually has PROPER headset profile support.

So once again, the E200 smartphone proves its mettle, by lagging behind so many other dumbphones readily available.

FFS Orange - sort yourselves out, or give HTC a kick up the back-side.

I've paid all this money for a swanky BT headset. But if I want to listen to music in private on my phone, I have to unplug it, and use the wired one. Nice one.

Thanks for the input though guys - spot on!

Guest blewer

The headset profile has actually worked for me twice since I have had my phone :?

Where the ringtone is played through the earpiece and not through the phone. So I know it can work, it just chooses not to :twisted:

Guest shadamehr

Huh - never had it happen to me.

Only EVER time I get a heaset icon on my phone, is when it actually answers a call through the headset.

So can anyone else join in this debate, and shed any light, as its taking an interesting twist.

Thanks Blewer for the info too!