Delta MIDP 2.0--a splendid java emulator

Guest deagle

Guest jmrecanize

That happens when you don't have the .jar file paired with a .jad file.

I tried prince of persia and splinter cell and they worked but they are only half screen and the buttons dont react when in the menu screen. Is there a way to config the keys to the number keys instead of the d-pad?

Guest sadistsly

its all very hit n miss, yesterday, no lie, i installed and ran over 70 Generic MIDP 1+2 games, and only about 20 of which were worth keeping, alot like you say only fill half the screen, some where half of the game is stretching to the correct resolution and the other half isnt and leaves screen corruptions at the right hand side of screen, others have absolutly no keys assigned to them, basiclly the only buttons that work most of the time are the control pad and the enter button in the middle, if the game requires more buttons than straight forward directions and 1 button possibilitys are it will not run well, this is by no means a perfect solution, but its nice to see that its possible to run midlets fast on Smartphones and im sure there will be another Java Em that will make up for all the shortcummings of this one in the future. at least i now have a few good JAVA games that take up minimal space and are the type of games that are not widley available for the smartphone, basic but addictive and highly playable. there are a few gems out there its a shame there is no way of knowing till u try em :) if any 1 discovers a way of configuring the controls for the Delta MIDP then alot of these problems will be sorted.

Guest jmrecanize

Alright, now for another problem. How do you set it up so it will run the games from the storage card. I copied over the files exactly as they were on the IPSM, in program files under coretek. However it'll run but won't find the apps. And when tryin to edit the suite.utf files it doesn't say anything about IPSM so how do i make this work.

Guest jmrecanize

It worked but only up to the menu screen, at that point it wouldnt respond to the keys. I just uploaded the motorolla version like i upload any other .jad and .jar file. I have no idea whether the actual game works as i couldnt get that far.

Guest roozbeh

me also could not make ancient empires work

it gives me errors on some nokia classes missing

is there any other versions of that too?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest jmrecanize

I would think there is a motorola version of ancient empires if xavierjohn had it running, but i havent come accross a motorola version yet.

Any solutions on how to get it to work on the storage card yet?

Guest sadistsly

i looked at Ancient Empires Official Site and only found it for Nokias, which do not work but Xavier deffiantly had it working, unless that was on the PC dmidp2 ? dunno, all i know is that i want that game :)

Guest phonesmarts

Me too...but I'm not willing to "buy" a java game. There are many games on the SE side that run, albeit they are only on one side of the screen (some).

Guest jmrecanize

Can anyone tell me how to get MIDP to work on the memory card please. And i dont think ancient empires was running on the pc version on midp because it had the battery meter at the top as well as the arial reception. Plus it is grouped with other screenshots from the smartphone, it would be a bit silly to get many screenshots and then put a couple of PC ones in there. Im gonna try and see if i can search for ancient empire on you know what to see if it is possible. But still, can anyone tell me how to work it on the memory card.

Guest sadistsly

Ancient Empires

http://emux.macrospace.com/emulator/147687433060387

Playable Emulator Demo there. man i want it now :lol:

The best games i am playing on mine are Pub Pool wich is a very good UK rules Pool Sim, it can get a bit easy though, but very good playing against a friend and well worth getting ya hands on it. And Football manager, hehe this is quite fun, not very user friendly but at least its a managment game on me phone :)

Guest rcperez

Some answers regarding the emulator.

If you don't have the JAD file and just the JAR file you could just unzip the JAR file with winzip or winrar. Then go to the manifest folder and get the manifest file then rename it to a JAD file.

Only open based midlets could be run on SPV were non device depent class sdk were used. Meaning Nokia wont run since it uses the Nokia SDK class, Siemens wont run since it uses the Siemens SDK class so on and so forth. So why do motorola games run on spv, its because they used the open based SDK classess to some extent and doesnt calls for platform dependent routines, but since the keyboard mapping is different between Tanager and Motorola only the basic up, down, left, right and action were mapped.

Most of the applications for both Nokia and Seimens might work with the SPV since only normal routines are called, unlike games where graphics and sounds are called.

Guest roozbeh

in any way i think they could do some keymaping redifiniation and also emulating others sdks.....

since its obvoius what they do......

i think the only problem is it has no benefit to do all this work...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rcperez

You could change the keyboard map, but of course you need to edit every java app that you want. You could do a reverse compile of YOUR application with a third party decompiler then edit it and compile it with Java 1.2 midp on commandline.

Guest jmrecanize

As far as i can tell Motorola and generic java games/apps. I also heard erricson java games work as well but i havent tried yet.

No-one has answered my question yet, how do you make it run from the storage card?

Guest xavierjohn22

Yöu cant. the default exe runs the game in IPSM, thöse whö run it in SD has a different exe versiön ör edited öne. which makes it illegal to distributé. hope that answers yöur querry.

Posted from my SmartPhone!Yöu cant. the default exe runs the game in IPSM, thöse whö run it in SD has a different exe versiön ör edited öne. which makes it illegal to distributé. hope that answers yöur querry.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest jmrecanize

Thanx for that, hopefully i wont need to ask any more questions on this matter any more. I'll just have to live with limited java games.

Guest phonesmarts

lol, you said it! anyway, if its just the JAR file alone, the game will not install, but all you really need to do is create a JAD file...

Note: most games, if not all, that run the Nokia SDK does not work. to see which usually works, view the contents of the archive (JAR) and if it has "comnokia...", you're out of luck.