MSE 2004 Announcement: MoDaCo to launch MoDaCo.ph

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Announced today at the MoDaCo Spring Event 2004:

In response to the fantastic community that has grown in the MoDaCo Smartphone Pinoy area, we are proud to announce that we will be offering a new dedicated site, MoDaCo.ph.

Work will begin immediately to create the new MoDaCo subsite, with the same structure as the English site albeit with a Pinoy focus.

The user base will remain merged, and the look and feel will be undoubtedly MoDaCo!

Watch this space for full details coming soon!

Posted from the MSE 2004!

MoDaCoPinoy.png

Guest Lifestream

I see it as less % of modaco that I can read and engage in.

(I also think that English should be talked by everyone and that we all would have the same currency (Like the Euro), in that case many more will be engaged in everything especially development in many areas).

How about adding an translation future to modaco?

Guest ppcsurfr

This is definitely something Filipinos have been waiting for!!!

Filipinos love technology, and this has actually brought them closer to technology more than ever...

Having a site like MoDaCo where people can share ideas and information internationally has always been a great thing...

But sometimes... once the ball starts rolling, you just can't stop.

With more Smartphones and Pocket PC Phone Edition devices being sold here in the Philippines, I think it is a wonderful move to spin off a Pinoy site which hopefully can still be a good venue for the curious to attend in. ;-) Everyone is welcome... you'll just have to bear with the occasional Filipino humor and culture...

Thank you!

Mabuhay!!!

Carlo

Guest martin

WOW, MoDaCo is expanding at a fantastic rate =D>

It's great to see that progression from sub section to sub site is needed to keep up you guys.

Keep up the good work

Pinoy Power :D

Guest kalinte

At last a place we can call our own. the modaco dude looks great in red, white & blue. this will be a great wallpaper for my tanager. thanks a million paul.

Guest Jabbsy

I'd be interested in seeing if this takes off...

I'm not saying its a bad idea but could u imagine a company like Microsoft creating a whole new site for filipino customers? Imagine all the repetition of data between the two sites, the only difference being the content is in a different language. I think it would be the same for MoDaCo :D

Just going to put my selfish head on now...if a pinnoy user has an interesting piece of info about their handset i'd like to know about it because i'm using a mobile running a MS OS too so maybe this piece of info will apply to me too. I know it might be selfish me asking them to post it in english but english is an international language and every pinoy user I have spoken to speaks excellent english! hehe

The beauty of the current format is that everything is contained within one big repository where users from all corners of the world can come and discuss issues and ideas with other users from around the world no matter which handset they have because after all, we are all running an MS OS. If necessary, users can go talk their native language in their Locale specific forum like they currently do.

U had a great format Paul, please dont take my filipino friends from me, I value their help and input in helping me get to grips with my phone. I know u may say the userdb is merged and they can still post in this forum but I just get the feeling people will instintively stick to their native forums and not keep themselves as up to date on what is going on in the Modaco.com forum.

Guest xavierjohn22

Nöw thät mäké sénsé!

Cän söméöné answér ör éxpläin furthér whäts mödäco.ph för.

I agréé with jabbsy töö.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Jabbsy

Yeah,

I dont think the idea is totally bad, cos if i spoke foreign language i think it would be cool if i had a place to go where I could chat with other people and effectively convey my problems without worrying about if what i'm saying is being translated correctly. But....MoDaCo already has this area....the "Pinoy Forum".

I just loved MoDaCo because like Paul said, it was a global community built out of the frustration from dealing with companies like Orange, HTC, Microsoft and this was a place where we could all come and share our problems and find possible solutions. If you start breaking up the community then pinoy users will inevitably miss out on stuff being said in the "global Modaco" and vice-versa. And i want to know what pinoy users are doing with their phones because my phone is the same as theirs! hehe :cry:

IMHO the best solution would just be to create a few more pinoy forums on this board and tie them in with a pinoy group. So when pinoy members log in they will have all the standard sections plus a few extra filipino speaking sections :idea:

Yes I agree with Jabbsy too. I can't find any reasons why creating modaco.ph. We already have pinoy sections in this forum. What's the point of having modaco.ph? For me, having "Global Modaco" only, is fair for everyone. Having the same language(English) would be great. And in this way, we can have a better sharing of smartphone knowledge since we all communicate using the same language. My point here is to let everyone know about any matters relating to smartphone not only to Filipino people. We also have friends from other countries who are interested in SHARING and GETTING new informations about smartphone.

Guest Stryper Aquila

YOU're RIGHT jabssy!!!

Mr. PAUL, can you give us specific answer why there's a move of doing a MoDaCo.ph? This is for us to know the reason behind.

What played in my mind is that, this is one way of saying that people here at MoDaCo.com don't want us (Pinoy) to be here :cry: :cry: Just correct me if i am wrong :cry:

My statements is not saying i am disagree with the plan, i just wanted to clarify things bothering my mind.

Thanks.

Guest ppcsurfr

I don't think that is the reason.

Just check out the volume of posts in the Pinoy Forums and it clearly shows that the Filipinos have a different culture when it comes to communicating over the Internet.

This not only cleans up the Pinoy Forums by having its own categories... it can set specific how-tos for Carrier Specific phones like SMART's SMART Amazing Phone and Globe's MPx200.

With their unique setups including extras like Mobile Banking, SMART Money, SMART portal etc... I think the move is designed more to oeganize data in a more manageable level.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

me got mixed feelings too, i dint know der r other pinoys who feel d same way. yah it may b an honor but f dat wud alienate us frm d rest of d smartphone users, myt as wel stick to current format... mabuhay ang pinoy!!!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.