Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest maxh2003

Hi all

I've added definable keys to PicoDrive, and also added a screen orientation function, so the Motorola users should be happy ;) . There aren't any changes to the emulator itself so no new games work.

You can download it from http://www.gamesforsmartphones.co.uk/picodrive.shtml ... don't forget to use the key settings app to set your keys before playing...

Feedback here as usual :D

Enjoy...

Max

Guest maxh2003

Updated again, now based around Dave's latest (0.016) source code.

Don't know what the changes are to the emulator,

Guest londonlad

wicked! :D I know this is gonna sound funny but this emulator is too fast!! or i've slowed down?! :wink: anyhow, the file selecting thing, is a bit buggy, wasnt before - so you know it could be something you've added/changed. On the whole - brilliant work !

:idea: Do you think it will be possible to make two player games using bluetooth? (play someone with a e200)

Guest agent.m

dream come true!!! makes up for mpx100 that didnt turn up. only one tiny prob. thats the screen being tiny bit small. but can live with that apart from sensi not working best thing yet :D

Guest phonesmarts

you are right! this Sega MD emu is sweet! it just lacks playing with a friend... keep up the good work!

Guest maxh2003
the screen at the bottom has a bit missing

There'll be a new version in the next couple of days which fixes that and uses pretty much the full viewable area of the smartphone screen (in landscape modes).

Also there'll be a speed button, so you can run the emulator at 100%, 75% or 50% of correct speed. Partly to fix the games which are running too fast (European PAL cartridges, I think, running at 60Hz when they should run at 50Hz) and partly because I'm rubbish at Afterburner II and need a bit of assistance!

Guest serialkillazzs

any chance that the new update will have sound and backlight on and off options with new source code as well as your speed options uve mentioned. love to hear old paperboy game sounds. keep up the good work dave, malloc and co. u,ve all just breathed new life into the whole spv range, nokia symbian yas may give up now,with direct 3d for smartphones they have no chance the wars been one before it's even started. long live windows mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest maxh2003

Hi guys

Sound won't happen until Dave builds it into the PocketPC version of PicoDrive, which I suspect won't be for a while. So you might have to wait for that one.

Dave *has* given me some pointers on how to put together a save/load feature but I'm not expecting it to be easy, I always found writing to files in C a real pain in the backside. But I'll have a look at it tonight and see if I can get anywhere.

As for the backlight, I never yet managed to write code to prevent the backlight switching off. I'll PM malloc to see if he can send me the same kepp-backlight-on code he's sending to the BetaPlayer guy...

Max

Guest wdehaas

Hi all,

First of all I want to say thnx to all the people who are creating this wonderful emulator..I don´t know anything about programming..but is there anything I can do to make this emulator even more better? Keep up the good work...I´ve found out that only european roms will work on this version...is there a way to remove to protection?

Guest retro

just rename them.

EG.

Sonic.smd to Sonic.bin.

Im also looking around the net for some more Emu's to convert, I think I have found a PC Engine source, but still looking in to it.

Retro.

Guest agent.m

did i put that they did work? :? :?

my mistake couldnt get them to work sorry. got the same error as you mate :wink:

Guest maxh2003

Hi all...

Updated version now available at www.gamesforsmartphones.com - small change to the main engine from Dave and Smartphone stuff from me. Here's what's changed.

Enjoy...

Max

/

Changes:

New interim Pico update from Dave: enables "Megadrive Window Layer"

-

Now recognises .SMD and .BIN files

-

Slow-motion button - toggles between 100%, 75% and 50% game speed

-

Load and Save (one slot only - saves to "PicoSave.sav")

-

Landscape views no longer omits bottom few scanlines

Notes:

Load and Save doesn't work if:

i) you change to a different ROM (!);

ii) the Megadrive is in a different screen mode to the one you saved in

Guest echolock

I've tried the following on my E200

All in all good job to the developers. I wish it was easier to remember what keys did what though - the options such as game speed and screen rotation would be better off on a menu like the file selector rather than having dedicated keys.

Nice one!

Guest xavierjohn22

Sämé gréät störy.

Anöthér updäte éy, yöur updating faster thän i cän tést thé gämes.

Gréat gréat job.

Alladin testing göing ön.

Thänks again maté!

Posted from my SmartPhone!