BETA PLAYER, new player, BEST Player

Guest xavierjohn22

Guest barkythedog

up until yesterday morning i was encoding videos no problem, but since then every time i try to encode it just says on my player no codec im using xvid, the sound is there fine but no video ive installed the player v0.2 8 times but nothing could some one please tell what im a doing wrong, it appears to play fine on the pc though (encoded files that is) could someone please tell me step by step a very hacked off dog whos about to give his phone away if it doesnt start behaving thanks in advance, The Dog

Guest picard_beta

@DingsDaT

strange. after install 'wave output' should have been selected.

@barkythedog

there was a bug in earlier PocketDivXEncoder versions, but 0.3.40 should work. (there is a bug in BetaPlayer too, new release is coming in a few days)

Guest barkythedog

@ picard hi m8 where can i download the new version please as the link is down on this thread thanks for getting back to me so promptly, The dog

Guest dude

Im having problems installing the damn thing!

Always happens to me, summut so good is just out of reach...

Run the setup exe on PC, click 'Next' and 'I agree' then on push of the 'finish' button it dissappears! Nothing is installed on my E200 and it just sits in my TaskMan eating 5mb up?

Any ideas? Recently reformatted, have I missed installing summut?

Cheers :)

Guest barkythedog

i have encoded the first three animatrix films and they seem to run extemely well could any one test these out for me they are about 22 to 23 meg in size cheers , the dog

Guest schriss

For my Mio 8390 I play files encoded with DivX 5.1.1 movies with 1000kbps video and 128kbps 44KHz stereo sound - BetaPlayer plays it smooth, it's benchmark shows 141% in GDI mode 8)

Only problem is file size, but quality is worth it, plus I like to see my friends saying "I can't believe it..." when I show it off :)

Guest kristianmatthews

i've downloaded the four files from the website. im sure im missing something obvious but how do i install the program onto the phone? i double clicked on betaplayer_setup_smartphone.0.02.exe and it asked me to check my phone for further instructions but nothing appeared. do i need to run a cab from the phone or something???

Guest xavierjohn22

That sétup.exe is a pc installer mate, yöu are right. But if it döesnt have any instructiöns ön the phöne screen tö install then yöu can try again.

if nöthing happens, gö tö yöur PCs microsoft activesync földes, betaplayer, get the cab file there and use it instead.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Lifestream
Im having problems installing the damn thing!

Always happens to me, summut so good is just out of reach...

Run the setup exe on PC, click 'Next' and 'I agree' then on push of the 'finish' button it dissappears! Nothing is installed on my E200 and it just sits in my http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager eating 5mb up?

Any ideas? Recently reformatted, have I missed installing summut?

I bet you have fixed it by now but if not.... restart your phone or close the appman.exe process so you get a fresh version of the start menu, look under the program files folder if it still doesn´t show..

Guest okokokok

Hi,

I love beta player but i have a strange bug with it. After playing for a couple minutes it just goes back to my home screen. It continues playing in the background but i have to run it again to bring it back. Any ideas??

Guest schriss

this is not a bug :)

It's your phone's settings :lol:

It's probably Home Screen Timeout (Settings - Home Screen), or Display Time Out (Settings - Power Management)

Beta Player Rulez 8)

Guest picard_beta

thanks. based on this info i googled after 'home' 'screen' 'timeout' and found the right API call (SHIdleTimerReset) to prevent it. i will include it in the next version (which is coming soon. not too much new features, but many bugfixes)

Guest Beardyboy

Sweet little player. I take it everyone else has realised that you can use XVid with this rather than DivX, and you can also enable B-Frames during the encode for even smaller/better quality videos. :)