BETA PLAYER, new player, BEST Player

Guest xavierjohn22

Sort of....... I installed BetaPlayer 0.093e, that is not a typo "e" it is one of the test versions. I set the buffers to 300KB or lower, and I opened up many .Avi files and they played fine. The only problem is I had to open them with File Manager not directly with BetaPlayer, if I do that it seems to crash by looping in some way. It plays fine however as long as the files are opened through File Manager and the Buffer(s) are set low.

Guest ZEROCOOL666
thanks. skin is planed, but there are so many other important features needed. betaplayer's main goal is still video playback and in this matter skin is not that important. but of course in the future i'll try to work on better music player features and skin as well, just can't give any timetable.

So this keeps getting better and better :mrgreen: Offcourse skins aren't that important, but it would be a nice feature to have as pocket mvp has some very nice skins (like the mediaplayer 9 series skin) which really affect the "feel" of the app. But even without skin support, betaplayer just r0X0rzz!!!! :lol:/ :wink:

Guest lukeap69

hi picard,

i installed version 0.093 unstable as well as the plugins (asf, mjpg, etc). i cannot play wma and i get an eror messgae sort of error 0161, asking me download other codecs. are wma's playable with betaplayer and plugins in SP2002?

thanks,

lukeap

Guest kurtfhouse

lukeap69, I'm sure it says on the install screen for the wma codec that it will only work on WM2K3 devices, sorry fella :cry:

It definately woks a treat on my C500

Guest picard_beta
Hi, I associated BetaPlayer with Mp3's on my MPX 220 and my MP3 ringtones will not ring.  Is this a known bug?  I had to de-associate for them to work.

i will check it out. is there a default associated program? maybe windows media player?

picard_beta,

Is there any way to expose some methods to allow us to 'program' or control the player through software? Anybody could then implement any playlist routine they wanted....

krp

Guest picard_beta
Is there any way to expose some methods to allow us to 'program' or control the player through software?  Anybody could then implement any playlist routine they wanted....

not yet, but i could add one. what type of interface are you thinking about?

picard_beta,

Well, that would be split between 2 needs:

1. Passing info to the player:

start, stop, pause, seek forward/reverse, next, previouse, playlist, etc.

2. Getting info from the player:

song title, id tags, time code, frequency info for displaying graphic spectrum

On the smartphone, Microsoft has not published any info on how to talk to, or get any info back from WMP 10. But in order to add decent playlist functionality, access to the player is needed.

What do you think? Is there a way to expose methods through a dll?

Guest hawpunch

picard,

is there any way that you could get your player to play audible files (www.audible.com). i used to be a subscriber to audible so i have all these audible books and i would like to use my smartphone to listen to them. i petitioned audible, but they are not interested. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

aloha,

jae park

Guest mfioble

FYI, I have a Audiovox 5600 and was having an issue with the video stopping (audio ok) when going into full screen mode on version .93a. Went on the betaplayer forums and got version .93g version and this issue has been resolved. Look in the 'unstable thread' for the link to that version.

http://www.corecodec.com/modules.php?op=mo...=viewforum&f=24

Guest santi_86

HI

For curiosity I've been searching the web for a SRS WOW plugin for smartphone, since it greatly improved my 3d sound and bass effect in Winamp and WMplayer in my PC, since I have old speakers lacking surround, this plugin emulates a 3d surround effect with truebass, something I never achieved before with any other equalizer or plugin, it even worked with headphones.

So I thought it would be great to have something similar for smartphones (specifically the MX200), since the sound lacks quality and bass.

Searching the web, I stumbled accross these pages:

http://www.extensionmedia.com/dsp/datasheet.php?ds=51

http://www.thenoisereport.com/article160.html

anouncing the avaibility back in March of this year, of this product for smartphones, including MS mobile 2003.

So my question is, would there be any posibility to include this plugin in betaplayer or any other smartphone player???

thnx for any answers

Guest picard_beta
So I thought it would be great to have something similar for smartphones (specifically the MX200), since the sound lacks quality and bass.

not likely as betaplayer plugin because it's not open-source, but from what i understand the announced drivers are low level, so any program outputing audio will use them. but are you refering to mpx200 smartphone? because the omap cpu used in it doesn't have dsp part so i guess i wouldn't work.

but i will check the open-source gsplayer. it has some kind of bass boost effect.

Guest santi_86

OK , thank you very much for your quick answer picard

though a bit disappointed about the mpx200 :lol: , I hope you find some way to squeeze some more bass out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sixonenine619

This alot better than pockettv? Cause thats all i got on my phone right now. I want high quality movies though, i have a 1gb ultra II card in my e200, so i have lots of space :)

What program is the best to rip into a divx formate? im kinda new to divx. Currently i use TMPGEnc to convert to avi, but its quality seems fairly limited. Suggestions?

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

PocketDivXEncoder does not need any codec's installed to work (amazing!!)

I tried it on a brand new Win98 test machine, downloaded a DivX file tried to play with Windows Media player (no good) ran pocketdivxencoder and converted to XVid format (still wont play in Media player) but if I click on Play an Encoded file I can watch the film and when I send the file to my phone it plays as well :)

BetaPlayer and PocketDivXEncoder combination rock :( :( :(

Guest lukeap69

yes of course. what i meant was virtual dub needs the codec for divx. pocketdivx can be used alone. however, i prefer virtualdub compared to pocketdivx encoder.

regards,

lukeap

• 2 weeks later...
Guest picard_beta
hi evry1... just wondering.. where can i get this program from....the file in http://betaplayer.corecodec.org seem to be corrupt.. can someone please post the cab here...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

probably you downloaded the html page of the download page which should come after you click the filename on the filelist page.

never the less here is a backup site for downloading:

http://picard.exceed.hu/betaplayer