Longhorn 4015

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Disco Stu
someone help me...

I'm using longhorn m5 screen from http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=64742 . the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen reset all mu Remove Program list. How should i do?

It may be that you reached the display limit for this tool. It will only show c.35 apps etc in the box. Try uninstalling something else and the others should reappear. Do they still show if you go to Add / Remove Programs with ActiveSync ?

Otherwise you may have had a partial reset, which is bad news as you'll need to hard reset to clean up the phone now :)

Guest scott_donald

installed on 2002 and the main screen is goosed plain white.... witha bit of the adons...

everything else seems fine...

Guest ivor biggun

I've got the same on my MPX, i've removed all my other homescreens and done a soft reset but still no homescreen layout :cry:

Guest muzzio_giovanni

so another time thanks for your wonderfull work but :

please can sameone explane to me which is the program for use caller id template how folder in storage card for photo??? please help me i can't use this theme in right way

Guest nedge2k

The pit templates are for use with IA Caller ID. This software is pre-installed on Orange E200's and can be bought for other devices. Once you have it you'll know what to do coz it'll tell you how to use it in the instuctions :wink:

Guest furby

Got it working and it looks great :)

But the wmp skin doesn't seem to be present, have you only put this in for the win2003 version or do I have to select it in some way (on my mpx200)

thanks

Guest scott_donald

got mine working too... but what a fright i got with the ring tone got woken up this mornign with the south park message tone....

Guest ivor biggun

I've got no wmp skin, no fancy font and no x bar skin on my mpx :)

Nedge2K- how about posting your caller display photo as well :wink:

Guest nedge2k

DOH! Forgot bout the WMP skin.

In the SP2002 reg the data goes in Windows Media Player 8 and in WM2003 its just Windows Media Player....i forgot the eight #-o

As for the font...i wasnt sure if it would work on 2002 and it looks as tho it doesnt :lol: Although i think Mr Magoo's BLAddFont works tho...try that :)

SouthPark as the ringtone? It should be GiveMeAReason...no errors my end...anyone else had this prob?

The pic was of a bird i was talkin to at the Autosport show...she practically begged me to take it :lol:

Guest nedge2k

:)

Wait til you're woken by the alarm :shock:

Its the only thing that gets me up...well...not the only thing but thats another story :lol:

Oh yeh...CAB updated! :lol:

Guest MadElves

Hullo,

I've had Qtek8080 (XPhone) and tried to install this...

the .xml you proposed for using with the 8080 doesn't work for me... it is not listed in the phone settingshomescreen menu....

is this the problem with everyone else or just me?

Guest Vector

Have you run the .CAB?

Place it in StorageWindowsStart Menu and run it from the phone,

this will install it for you :)

Or if you are using the xml for non orange phone then put it in StorageWindowsApplication DataHome and ot should work :?

Guest scott_donald

found a bug i guess... when every bit of sound is off including vibrate... i am still getting a little vibrate when i receive an sms...

Guest yarod_g14

I must say this is a very good skin, I like the colour scheme and the sounds are definitely cool. Good choice. I am using an E200 and I have been using first longhorn screen for a while. Today I installed new one. Everything works ok but the phone is running slower.

I thought I would try to uninstall the cab through remove programs but it keeps failing. I keep getting unable to remove message. I have gone back to win skin prior to uninstall and also rebooted several times. The phone refuses to remove this.

Im just about to run the cab to change all screens back to normal maybe uninstall will work after?

I hope so.

I prefer the original Longhorn as it looks the same, has a friendlier font and does not change your sounds, colours and skins so permanently. Most of all it never seemed to slow down my phone and left me with 10,000 kb free system mem.

I have managed to find the menu popup within the registry under sounds and I can see the value on the XML statement is in there. If I remove this what would I replace with? Should I make this blank to remove the vibrate?

I have no idea where the value av0p comes from or from where it is read from.....

This does seem easier than I first thought. I removed the value and there is no vibrate. I will do the same on the other menu commands.

I used the PHM jobbie on the phone to edit the reg went to the HIVE/KEY described on the XML statement and it was pretty easy. You don't even have to click save!! I hope I don't mess up my registry.

Power to the people!!!

Anyone know how to copy registry for safety.

I have gone through the XML file removing the inserted av0p from the script value in the phones registry for each sound/event. I used the PHM regedit to do this and it was more than easy.

So I suppose now I have found how easy it is to undo what was done I could recommend installing this skin as a learning experience!!

Good stuff!

Guest nedge2k

The uninstall prob is caused when you start deleting/moving things manually. Dont! Re-install the cab then uninstall then run the uninstall cab i've attached.

Vibrating on silent is not a bug...its set that way.

av0p = Aibrate for length of sound

Physical memory issues: the skin is a multi-paged skin, these eat physical memory.

My first post clearly states exactly what will be installed to your phones and the inf file posted elsewhere goes into exact detail.

If you dont want "vibrating everything" or "sounds galore" then dont install it :roll:

This theme was only ever meant for my E200 but i thought i'd share it as it shows how far you can take customising the phone. It fixes issues with the screen, adds the ability to use startup sounds and the ability to download .exe. files when using Pocket IE. It also adds skins to other programs. The level of customisation is rarely seen in other themes and the rest has never been seen.

This took alot of time and effort to put together and I had to change alot of things to make it suitable for public release. If you dont like, dont use it. Simple as!

Guest yarod_g14

Sorry for the Rant, your right I should have read the post more thoroughly first but I was so impressed with your old skin I just downloaded the new one. I've learnt a few things in the meantime so its all good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.