spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest SaTaNi

still hav'nt found out key codes.

even if i set showkeycodes to 1, i see the text telling me each button i press, but it sais something with 'hub=1', what does this mean?

Guest roozbeh

it says num=1

if it also says special key it means you have to do modifications in your cfg file and use key mapping but if it is normal key see what says before that num and try using that in landscape_mode0[probable if it is normal screen]

update game again from www.spv3d.com and read readme.txt see if it does help or not.

@anisan96:

thanks for your notes and comments

@satani

i think if you write in english maybe i can help more...although i understood in fruher a little duetsch but now it seems i have forgotten eveything ;)

Edited by roozbeh

Guest SaTaNi
it says num=1

if it also says special key it means you have to do modifications in your cfg file and use key mapping but if it is normal key see what says before that num and try using that in landscape_mode0[probable if it is normal screen]

update game again from www.spv3d.com and read readme.txt see if it does help or not.

@anisan96:

thanks for your notes and comments

@satani

i think if you write in english maybe i can help more...although i understood in fruher a little duetsch but now it seems i have forgotten eveything ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no my german comment was only referred to the previous post of Morlok, where he was asking me, if i had a special kind of smartphone and advised to used the keycodes feature. everything else important is written above in english.

i was asking the key-names and said, that i have the on-screen-keyboard now, but can't use the keys there, even if i mapped them (e.g. 'a' for jump, ...) and i couldn't use my PC-Savegames on my ppc and couldn't enter the cheatcodes due to the on-screen keyboard has no real function by now for me.

Guest roozbeh

well i have tested that in emulator and there it seems on-screen-keyboard worked nicely!

are in usinggapi=0 and showsipbutton=1?

also afaik pc saved games wont work.you have to use saved games created with this game.

Guest CharlyV
well i have tested that in emulator and there it seems on-screen-keyboard worked nicely!

also afaik pc saved games wont work.you have to use saved games created with this game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@roozbeh

Your posted 0.4f version (here in the forum ) works well on my iPAQ 5450 WM2003 PPC.

I saw your version 0.4f on your webpage it´s a bit different to this version.

The version from your webpage not show me correct " No " bitmap.

Usually it will show you the square background but not in this version.

The " Yes " bitmap is ok.

post-56253-1143969728_thumb.jpg

Edited by CharlyV

Guest eole73

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi everybody, hi roozbeh, I get a crash on the smartphone version at the end of the second level.

game6.zip

Guest lord35

greetings all ;) Im new to all this and have a basic a noob type question:) I have a i-mate JASJAR and have tried loading duke on it, but all i get is a garbled screen, can duke run on my device and if so what do I have to do to get it to work thank you

Guest lord35

greetings all ;) Im new to all this and have a basic a noob type question:) I have a i-mate JASJAR and have tried loading duke on it, but all i get is a garbled screen, can duke run on my device and if so what do I have to do to get it to work thank you

Guest G3n7r0

spvDuke3D v0.4f seems to be for Pocket PCs 2003, PPC2k2 users will not be happy with this.

Yes, that includes me who just lost one night trying to make the SoftKey1 working to get beyond the initial menu, and yeah I failed.

It's an interesting thing actually setting the Alt_EscapeKey = "SoftKey2" and at the same time SoftKey1 seems to have no effect when set to open but SoftKey2 works, likewise setting Alt_EscapeKey = "SoftKey1" makes SoftKey1 operable, but changing the open key to SoftKey2 makes it inoperable.

So open seems to be unbindable on my MDA I.

I tried all this on v0.4c, as I mentioned before 0.4f seems to be compiled for PPC2k3. Can someone confirm this?

Guest kevinsephiroth
spvDuke3D v0.4f seems to be for Pocket PCs 2003, PPC2k2 users will not be happy with this.

Yes, that includes me who just lost one night trying to make the SoftKey1 working to get beyond the initial menu, and yeah I failed.

It's an interesting thing actually setting the Alt_EscapeKey = "SoftKey2" and at the same time SoftKey1 seems to have no effect when set to open but SoftKey2 works, likewise setting Alt_EscapeKey = "SoftKey1" makes SoftKey1 operable, but changing the open key to SoftKey2 makes it inoperable.

So open seems to be unbindable on my MDA I.

I tried all this on v0.4c, as I mentioned before 0.4f seems to be compiled for PPC2k3. Can someone confirm this?

about multikey press it doesn't work on my C600. tried alot of combos but nothing appears to work; i mean:

if i set mutikey 1 to softkey 1 (the left one) for exemple and then jump: "A" well i would jump with softkey left+2 (with the a,b,c on it) but no.

in all emulators (pocketsnes, pocketnesterplus, picodrive, pocketgnuboy etc) i can go left or right and jump . or other multi key pressed in same time. i remember that my old C500 couldn't though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YeahJCS

Hi to all, I'm new! :P

Firstly, tnx for this port, it's godness! *_*

I have an HP Jornada 720 and when I try to explore the folder with the spvduke3d.exe the HPC crash!

I have explored the exe and changed the 2 icon at 16.8mil of colors to 256 colors ( ^^''' ) and now the HPC not crash and the game work perfectly.

Can you use a 256 color icons for next releases? (If you want I can attack here my conversion of icons XD)

[i have found a bug (I think): when I try to use the DNSCOTTY cheat ( ;) ) the game crash ;)]

Tnx in advance.

(Sorry for bad english)

Guest dukefan3d

Heya bros i want play too duke nukem 3d but cant.

I was follow step by step and the .exe starts ok, but when will begin the game (i guess)

i just get a black screen without sounds, just black screen, if push any button just hear sound

of windows (the usualy sound when u are sorting menus)

I was tried changin UsingGapi = 0 and UsingGapi = 1 and had the same problem, anyone can

helpme? i had new Motorola MPX 220 with Windows Mobile 2003 second edition with 1GB MiniSD.

I had in \Storage Card\Duke Nukem 3D\

this files :

defs.con

DEMO1.DMO

DEMO2.DMO

DUKE3D.cfg

DUKE3D.GRP

game.con

spvDuke3d.exe

user.con

spvDukeNukem.log

(I gues the log is for the error, this says the spvDukeNukem.log)

GXOpenInput called.

System icons loaded.

Video driver set to windib

Duke Nukem 3D 0.4f

Smartphone port by :

Roozbeh GHolizadeh

www.spv3d.com

Prevent timer created.

Free Mem: 8844 Kbytes.

Screen Width 176

Screen Height 220

KB_Startup

CONFIG_ startups

Compiling configs

Compiling: 'game.con'.

Including: 'DEFS.CON'.

Including: 'USER.CON'.

Code Size:64840 bytes(1794 labels).

Control Startup

Initializing engine

Initializing timer

Timer handler created succesfully

Loading art header.

Reserved Cache Mem: 6284 Kbytes.

Checking sound inits.

Checking music inits.

Loading palette/lookups.

Main Loop Started.

Please guys helpme, and thanks.

I need another thing more for play this amazing game? maybe any library or something?

EDIT : Now i get enter in the game, but when try play just freeze

Edited by dukefan3d

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SaTaNi

well, now it's working great on my SP VoQ Pro., but on my PocketPC, i still don't have the keynames.

on my SP, cheats, keys, menu, quitting, saving and everything important is working. THANK YOU GUYS for this port.

Guest whitenegga

Hello,,, i seem to have a littel proble,,,i've don everything you have told but when i start the game i get a black screen,,,what the hell is that all about,,,,i have sound but get a black screen....Pleeeeas help me... I have a qtek 8310 ;) ?

Guest whitenegga

ok i've got it working now,,,,, but there is still a problem with the screen,,, I can see only a half of the game,,,not all the screen, nomather what values i change. ???????????

Guest SaTaNi

maybe i have the solution for any crashing problems, (due to the delivered con's and cfg's are for 1.4/the atomic editon, you may use the ~49 mb duke3d.grp from the atomic editon instead of the ~26 mb file from the 'normal' version 1.3d

i have'nt tried it, but i'm going to try it this evening due to i couldn't start the 4rth episode on my phone i noticed this cause.

Guest eole73
maybe i have the solution for any crashing problems, (due to the delivered con's and cfg's are for 1.4/the atomic editon, you may use the ~49 mb duke3d.grp from the atomic editon instead of the ~26 mb file from the 'normal' version 1.3d

i have'nt tried it, but i'm going to try it this evening due to i couldn't start the 4rth episode on my phone i noticed this cause.

What do you mean? Personnally I use the atomic edition and I get crashes in the second episode and in the fourth at the beginning when you in the big room.

Guest kevinsephiroth
What do you mean? Personnally I use the atomic edition and I get crashes in the second episode and in the fourth at the beginning when you in the big room.

well he means that there are several episodes of duke: normal 1.0 (i dunno if it is available anymore lol) , a patched one and atomic. (don't remember the names)

so if you use a diferent GRP file (from 25 to 60 MO) you have to use the corespondant con files and all. just the duke3D.exe that remains not changed...

well in fact for any episode, i can't play the demos at start of dukenukem.... and i have the dmo files though.

Guest SaTaNi

well, i peronally, got a problem in first episode when trying to open one door in the 'ticket hall' of the cinema (first level) and of course i couldn't start the fourth episode due to i was using the 25mb grp of the retail one instead of atomic, (as some of you also had problems on some levels) i'm trying if these 'crashes' still appear on atomic edition pak - i think the last one should at least not ;) .

ok, just tested : demo's are playing, i still get an unrecoverable exception when entering the door on m1e1 (but it doesn't matter due to i completely played through the first episode long time ago in dos, so i remember the endings. so i may just play through the last three episodes (2,3 and 4) and btw i haven't played ep4 even yet.

Guest raltenhofen

Any chance that this would work on a Jornada 720 (HPC 2000)??

Richard in AZ

And here comes the Duke Nukem 3D :

I have made some changes and i commented everything you need to know on readme.txt file included in package...

Here is the readme.txt file:

Please be patient and read it all before using this game!

==================================================

Duke Nukem3D for SmartPhones/Pocket PCs [v0.4c]

Guest roozbeh
Heya bros i want play too duke nukem 3d but cant.

I was follow step by step and the .exe starts ok, but when will begin the game (i guess)

i just get a black screen without sounds, just black screen, if push any button just hear sound

of windows (the usualy sound when u are sorting menus)

I was tried changin UsingGapi = 0 and UsingGapi = 1 and had the same problem, anyone can

helpme? i had new Motorola MPX 220 with Windows Mobile 2003 second edition with 1GB MiniSD.

Main Loop Started.

EDIT : Now i get enter in the game, but when try play just freeze

Hi,

can you tell me what was wrong first time that you couldnt play?

and if it freezes see ig any crash log is created?

i suggest usinggapi = 0 and also setting height and width of screen manually,turning off sound/music,using not long directory names for game,and changing reserved memory-this somethimes magically helps-,in cases of problem.

Guest CharlyV

@roozbeh

Just a question, do you plan any other Pocket PC port of your current ports ?

Edited by CharlyV