spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest hiperjp

roozbeh, thank you very much!! for the game, is great, and works fine in my Axim x51V (v0.4f). :rolleyes:

I configured my wireless keyboard with landscape mode 1 and its better.

Sounds, music... all works fine.

Thanks!!

Edit (5-10-06 15:32 GMT -4):

Proving with the original DUKE3D.grp come in "Duke Nukem 3D Kill-A-Ton Collection" I see that it works very well.

PD: Sorry for my english.

Edited by hiperjp

• 2 weeks later...

A question about button config. My Qtek S100 only has 4 Buttons: A Calender call button, one to open the phonebook, one to make call, and one to stop calling. I understand i have to set these buttons in the config, but how are these 4 Buttons called (i

Guest mikeeey
here it is, al vga games work if you can set the gapi of, and thank god roozbeh has is in is config, so cedoom without gapi also works fine on qvga

wats the difference between this and roozbeh's spvduke3d? to change the gapi u just hav to change a digit from 1 or 0 in the cfg file. roozbeh's version already worked perfect on my device (with a few of my edits on the cfg file).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey

hey anyone!

does someone have a save for the last level of the first episode, right before u enter the door to the boss?

i just beat it and saved and now it got corrupted.

some of u guys might be like me and like to save and not overwrite a saved game of right before a boss.

does anyone have that save and if so could u upload it please?

right now im playing episode 2 and its fun.

• 1 month later...
Guest mikeeey

hey roozbeh i really need your help. on the second episode on one of the levels theres an error when it tries to start up the level after loading from completing the previous one. now ive edited my cfg file so there was no errors that anyone else was getting. and i havnt goten a single one until a came upon this. so whenever u respond back il upload the save file

• 2 months later...
Guest X-Phile

Hey, Roozbeh! I got new 0.4f version and I see only black screen with cross in upper right corner. But sounds and keys are working and I even can exit the game (I see big YES/NO words and can select them). WTF?!?!?!? Old versions works OK!

Guest relapse

I need help. I have a tmobile dash and put all files in the zip ina folder called duke and the grp file. When I launch spvduke it just doesnt do anything.....what am I doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kwoodall

I have a problem with Duke3D -- but I suspect it's not Duke. I'm hoping ya'll can help. Duke 3D is running quite well, but when I actually send any input (such as trying to move) it slows down badly. When I stop hitting the joystick/buttons, it all runs smooth again.

Any ideas?

Kermit

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Informator

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd share some quick research into getting Duke 3D working on the SPV M3100. Obviously this could be jsut my phone, so I'm not guaranteeing this will work or even help with anyone else's system!

I downloaded the files from spv3d.com and the link included to get duke3d.grp. After dumping them all on my card, the first interesting problem was that I couldn't exit the game and had to reset instead. Tapping the X on the screen seemed to instead act as the Enter key, selecting whichever option had been highlighted.

Tip 1: MAKE SURE you assign an alternate escape key in the CFG file, so you can bring up the menu and quit the game any time.

I then realised that the only key which worked anyway was the directional joy at the bottom of the screen. Thus, forcing another reset. Then I had fun finding out the correct setting to change it.

Tip 2: Don't run the game in portrait mode unless you've properly configured the keys. To run in landscape, so you can use the keyboard, you need Landscape Option 2.

I then started having immense trouble getting the game to display the graphics again properly, after changing orientation. Long story short...

Tip 3: ALWAYS start the game with the keyboard closed in portrait mode, even if you've set it to use landscape. It will automatically switch - if started with the keyboard out, it corrupts the graphics. You are safe to slide out the keyboard only when the 3D Realms logo has appeared.

And of course:

Tip 4: Spend some time configuring the keys - and make sure you're configuring the right section of the CFG file for your layout.

I haven't played it beyond the first area just to check that everything's working fine. Will report on anything new - but otherwise, hoeps this helps and have fun!

Guest mikeeey
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd share some quick research into getting Duke 3D working on the SPV M3100. Obviously this could be jsut my phone, so I'm not guaranteeing this will work or even help with anyone else's system!

I downloaded the files from spv3d.com and the link included to get duke3d.grp. After dumping them all on my card, the first interesting problem was that I couldn't exit the game and had to reset instead. Tapping the X on the screen seemed to instead act as the Enter key, selecting whichever option had been highlighted.

Tip 1: MAKE SURE you assign an alternate escape key in the CFG file, so you can bring up the menu and quit the game any time.

I then realised that the only key which worked anyway was the directional joy at the bottom of the screen. Thus, forcing another reset. Then I had fun finding out the correct setting to change it.

Tip 2: Don't run the game in portrait mode unless you've properly configured the keys. To run in landscape, so you can use the keyboard, you need Landscape Option 2.

I then started having immense trouble getting the game to display the graphics again properly, after changing orientation. Long story short...

Tip 3: ALWAYS start the game with the keyboard closed in portrait mode, even if you've set it to use landscape. It will automatically switch - if started with the keyboard out, it corrupts the graphics. You are safe to slide out the keyboard only when the 3D Realms logo has appeared.

And of course:

Tip 4: Spend some time configuring the keys - and make sure you're configuring the right section of the CFG file for your layout.

I haven't played it beyond the first area just to check that everything's working fine. Will report on anything new - but otherwise, hoeps this helps and have fun!

great advice there.

too bad i dont have this phone, but instead i decided to wait for the kaiser. i wonder how duke will work on that

dude you badword own. I was looking for Duke Nukem Mobile today when I stumbled across Duke3D for Smartphones. At first I thought my Motorola MPx220 would never be able to run it but then I read someone got it to work on his. So I tried it immediately and all I gotta say is "wow" ;) keep it up man, you rule

Guest Badda

Can anybody tell me how to play different .grp files? I have the PENTHOUS.GRP, I uploaded it into my Smartphones Duke3d directory, but I dont know how to make duke include the new .grp file. Whenever I start spvDuke3d.exe, it starts normally and ignores the PENTHOUS.grp :-(

Edited by Badda

Can anybody tell me how to play different .grp files? I have the PENTHOUS.GRP, I uploaded it into my Smartphones Duke3d directory, but I dont know how to make duke include the new .grp file. Whenever I start spvDuke3d.exe, it starts normally and ignores the PENTHOUS.grp :-(

I'd like to know too. Need more maps! ;)

Guest Badda
I'd like to know too. Need more maps! ;)

ed2k://|file|Duke3d.for.WinXP.rar|52617446|218E0C43E6A9223C77393C8F1A351A57|/

:D :( :)

Includes the following .GRPs:

1 - Duke Nukem 3d "Atomic Edition" - The original game

2 - Duke Nukem 3d "Caribbean - Life`s a Beach"

3 - Duke Nukem 3d "Nuclear Winter"

4 - Duke Nukem 3d "Duke it out in D.C."

5 - Duke Nukem 3d "Penthouse Paradise"

6 - Duke Nukem 3d "The Gate" - a total conversation

7 - Duke Nukem 3d "Duke!Zone" - a total conversation

8 - Duke Nukem 3d "Duke Xtreme" - a total conversation

Edited by Badda

;)

Where to get that?

I'd like D.C. Damn I enjoyed that one back in the day.

;) :D :(

4 - Duke Nukem 3d "Duke it out in D.C." <- the best one imo

btw, where'd you get the .rar?

;) :D :(

where'd you get that

Thanks. Gonna grab it. Love D.C. addon ;)

Guest freakynipples69

I have a motorola Q. I get a black screen after intilizing, but full sound. I tried everything that everyone else seemed to do with the same problem with no luck. Can anyone help out?