spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest mashkhan
have you tried turning gapi on and off? and are you using a working version of duke nuke? have you tried the full version or demo?

Using shareware version 1.3. I've turned GAPI off too. Alas, no success.

Guest twolf

My problem is that I cannot discover which are my "Special key" codes...

If I press these:

Camera

Record

Contact

Calendar

it always gives me the same line:

Special key pressed. Num=0

screen01nc0.jpg

I can only use:

Left, Right, Up, Down

VolumeUp, VolumeDown

Enter

Call, endcall

Wich are plenty, I agree... But this game requires more to be fully playable...

So, can anyone give me the S100/S110 codes for these buttons:

- Camera

- Record

- Contact

- Calendar

One more thing, in my tests I tried to place the Calendar button as the Escape and, as a result, all the buttons that usually dont work, started working, but all as Escape. So that appears to me that all the buttons have the same code "zero".

:S

Guest mikeeey
Using shareware version 1.3. I've turned GAPI off too. Alas, no success.

sorry i dont know what to tell you..have you used my .cfg file? make a backup of yours and try mine and see if it works. and is your directory the root of the storage card and the folder is spvduke3d?

DUKE3D.zip

• 1 month later...
Guest Zeiram
I just loaded this in my HTC Kaiser/Tilt and there is only one more step.

I need a Duke3d.grp file... it says not found.

thanks.

Uhmmmm.. are you sure you have at least the Shareware Version of DukeNukem? ;-)

• 2 months later...
Guest FUBARX1

Hello all. I realize this is supposed to be Smartphone related, but the game port has transcended that label and works on PPC as well, so...

I have Duke3D working on a Samsung i730 with WM5. It works amazingly well. Many thanks to Roozbeh for resurrecting this classic!

For any others with this phone, here are the relevant config settings:

Change the Escape key to something other than 't'. The letter 't' is needed when typing in Cheat Codes :D. I selected 'm', as in - 'menu'. You will have to remove 'm' from the AIM_UP variable.

[Engine Setup]

Alt_EscapeKey = "m"

For Sound, increase the capabilities:

[sound Setup]

NumVoices = 8

NumChannels = 2

NumBits = 16

MixRate = 22000

The touch screen fires the primary weapon with the default config. Change the touchscreen to OPEN (allows you to open doors, panels, light switches by touching the screen):

[Controls]

MouseButton0 = "Open"

Landscape 2 mode puts the controls on the right (for right handed control). Some buttons are 'Special' buttons and have to be mapped using the 'Scan Code Mapping' feature. More on mapping later.

For reference: sc_74 = 'Launcher Key', sc_14 = 'Context Menu Key', Enter = 'Action Key', VolumeUp = 'Back Key'

[scan Code Mapping]

sc_74 = "Softkey1"

sc_14 = "Softkey2"

[KeyDefinitions_Landscape2]

Move_Forward = "w" "RIGHT"

Move_Backward = "s" "LEFT"

Turn_Left = "j" "UP"

Turn_Right = "l" "DOWN"

Fire = "k" "ENTER"

Jump = "SPACE" "VolumeUp"

Aim_Up = "" "SOFTKEY1"

Aim_Down = "" "SOFTKEY2"

Could Use Some Help Here

I have not been successful in mapping any other softkeys (Calendar, Contacts, Call, EndCall). The in-game key preview feature (ShowKeyCodes) only shows "Special Key Num=0" for the Calendar and Contacts keys. The Call and EndCall keys show as normal keys. However, putting Call or EndCall in the Duke3d.cfg file doesn't work.

If I put...

Aim_Up = "m" "EndCall"

....and press the EndCall button in the game, nothing happens. I downloaded a program called 'Keycode.exe' that shows what the code is for the softkeys. It shows:

EndCall (Short Press) = Key 0x73 (115) xmacro=k115

EndCall (Long Press) = Key 0x10 (16) xmaro=x16

Call (Short and Long Press) = Key 0x72 (114) xmacro=k114

Calendar (Short Press) = Key 0x5B (91) xmacro=k91 (immediately changes to: Key 0xC2 (194) xmacro=194)

Calendar (Long Press) = Key 0x5B (91) xmacro=k91 (immediately changes to: Key 0xC8 (200) xmacro=k200)

Contacts (Short Press) = Key 0x5B (91) xmacro=k91 (immediately changes to: Key 0xC2 (195) xmacro=195)

Contacts (Long Press) = Key 0x5B (91) xmacro=k91 (immediately changes to: Key 0xC8 (201) xmacro=k201)

None of the Key numbers or names work with Scan Code Mapping so the buttons are not usuable. If anyone figures out the correct values, please post.

Samsung i730:

sam-i730.jpg

Edited by FUBARX1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest slugshot_90

i loaded all this up on my bj2 and got the duke3d.gpr i put it all in a folder on my storage card. it loads up but then the screen stays black but i can hear all sounds anyone know how to fix it

Guest galbro

can someone please help. - i have a blackjack 1. - i am using 0.4f version of duke3d

when i attempt to go to the cfg file and try to change certain keys in the cfg file the game will instantly crash every time when i open the game since i edited the cfg file.....for example i cannot change the inventory right key which is "M" if i do the game will crash and even if i attemt to correct this error and put the "M" back in and redo everything over. the game will still crash. and even if i put a brand new cfg file the game will still crash.....so i have to delete the whole duke 3d file.

sometime this will happen even if i dont change anything at all.....

so i have to make 5 backup copys of the whole duke3d file on my storage card

can someone please tell my why this is happening? this is wierd to me ive never seen this before if a game crashes you can restore the cfg file to original setting. or if the game crashes you just restart. but this is wierd. i dont understand this.

Guest maxXxim

hey, i can play duke nukem on my TyTn II, however only the 1st level (L.A meltdown) works fine

when i start a new game on the 3 other levels, it crash and thats what i get:

- when i load "lunar apocalypse" it says: Map E2L1.map not found!

- when i load "shrapnel city" it says: Map E3L1.map not found!

- when i load "birth" it says: Map E4L1.map not found!

where can i find those maps?

ive read somewhere how to fix the time delay but i cant find it anymore.

the problem i have is that when i shot, i get the shooting sound like 1 second after.

also when i play on landscape mode, a small picture of the keyboard is displayed in the middle of the bottom of the screen.

how can i get rid of it?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nicostar
hey, i can play duke nukem on my TyTn II, however only the 1st level (L.A meltdown) works fine

when i start a new game on the 3 other levels, it crash and thats what i get:

- when i load "lunar apocalypse" it says: Map E2L1.map not found!

- when i load "shrapnel city" it says: Map E3L1.map not found!

- when i load "birth" it says: Map E4L1.map not found!

where can i find those maps?

ive read somewhere how to fix the time delay but i cant find it anymore.

the problem i have is that when i shot, i get the shooting sound like 1 second after.

also when i play on landscape mode, a small picture of the keyboard is displayed in the middle of the bottom of the screen.

how can i get rid of it?

thanks

DOWNLOAD THE FULL VERSION AND LOAD THE GRP FILE FROM THAT WHICH IS 40MB IF U WANT I CAN SEND THE FILE PM ME

• 5 months later...

Hello,

i can't bind the special key's in the duke3d.cfg file....

i run the prog. keycode.exe from the forum and get this result:

calender 0xc1 (193)

contacts 0xc2 (194)

camera 0xc3 (195)

record 0xc4 (196)

I set ScanCodeMapping = 1 and put this entry in the cfg-file:

sc_193="PPCKey1"

sc_194="PPCKey2"

bla...bla....

It does not work...

It only work when i put sc_F1="PPCKey1" to the cfg-file, but now all key's (calender, contacts, camera and record) are the same...

Can you help me please?

I use a MDA Compact....

Bye Mommel

• 2 months later...
Guest Persia

please we need a DUKE3D.cfg for samsung omnia

who can help me?

i tried many options but no result

Mousebutton0 doesn't work for touchscreen why?

Edited by Persia

• 2 months later...
Guest joax11

hi guys! i am new here!

i downloaded this game!

it runs great on my htc s620!

but i am not able to shoot or jump or crouch!

i tried to do a search in this topic but it returned me to the start!

can anyone help me please?

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest 88Saleen351

It would be helpful if somone took all the .cfg files and tacked them all into one post. This way we don't have to search thru 31 pages just to try and find a cfg that works on our device. Only thing i'm looking for is a cfg file for a Motorola Q - Q9C or O9M. I recall reading about settings for this device but god knows what pages that was on. It was scattered all about as a I recall. If someone could post up a .cfg file for one of these devices, it would be appreciated. thanks peeps :)

Guest mikeeey
guys duke 3d is workin on xperia x1 at full screen wvga 800x480 it is very fast and playable . The problem is that it crashes on landscape mode (works perfectly on portrait). If someone has a config file or a trick to fix that it will be beautyful. Also check this thread on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...935#post4252935

I've noticed, the thing about landscape is you need to play around with the resolutions. For example, on my Tilt it would crash on landscape. Bear in mind my Tilt's landscape resolution is 320x240. I found I was actually able to run it at 319x240 and it run perfect. Odd, yes?

So when playing with the config file try playing around with the numbers, subtract 1 pixel from your device's actual resolution and see if it fixes the problem.

• 5 months later...