Porsche GT

Leon,

Errr, crazy request here, but if your into customizing screens and making a bunch of car ones, any chance of a Skoda Fabia vRS screen???? (Don't laugh it's an awesome car!).

P.S. If you want pictures, either PM me, or go here: http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/sho...ia/gallery.aspx and then click on the "Fabia vRS Microsite" link towards the bottom right of the page. That has a gallery of superb vRS pics.

Yours, lazily....

Blakey

Guest Leon1970

Hey Blakey,

Thanks for showing interest in my very limited skill :)

Sorry it's taken this long to reply but kinda been busy. Nothing wrong with a Skoda Fabia, very powerful car, but I'll have to decline in creating a skin for the time being.

I will, of course, make one but it will be a while yet. I managed to create another homes skin featuring the game Burnout 3 today but that's only because I literally had a few hours spare.

Sorry but hope you understand. I will update this string once I've done it :P

Hope that's cool.

That's more than cool Leon - very much appreciated. If I had half an ounce of energy, I'd just take your Porche GT skin, edit the XML myself and create a bunch of suitable graphics from that vRS page. After all I'm an XML coder for a living (among other things) and more than happy to hack graphics with paint shop pro. So at the end of the day I could probably do this quite easily myself if I could only be bothered! :-)

Any time you get a chance to do it, will be soon enough for me!! :-)

Blakey

• 3 weeks later...
Guest telstar

great work leon. how do i tweak the xml to make the menu background color lighter? seem to have problem reading text with a rather dark menu background. thanks & keep it up. :roll:

Guest Leon1970

Thanks for the great comments guys :)

fultonius and telstar, sorry I haven't replied to your problems earlier. Is it possible for both of you to either PM or post a screen shot with the screen that you're having problems with? Only I thought I'd fixed all colour coding issues a while back. If I could see exactly what areas the problems are in, I should be able to fix them.

Thanks.

Guest telstar
Thanks for the great comments guys :)

fultonius and telstar, sorry I haven't replied to your problems earlier. Is it possible for both of you to either PM or post a screen shot with the screen that you're having problems with? Only I thought I'd fixed all colour coding issues a while back. If I could see exactly what areas the problems are in, I should be able to fix them.

Thanks.

sorry leon but smartss doesnt work with the voyager. anyway, im referring to the dark background of the start menu which i want to tweak to make its color lighter so i can read the text more clearly. thanks. :lol:

Guest fultonius

It looks the same BUT, when you go into the "week" view on the calendar you can't see what day/date it is at the top of the screen.

Cheers, ally.

Guest Leon1970

Thanks for getting back to me, I see exactly what you mean now. Sorry about that.

I'll attempt to fix it over the next couple of days, but to be brutally honest, it was a total pain in the arse to try and get the colour scheme right. Some apps are defaulted to black fonts and will not take on any custom colours listed in the XML. Also the problem is that when you change a colour for one screen, it changes the colour for other areas of the phone making it really tricky to get a colour that matches the theme but works in every single app.

None the less, I'll see if I can work something out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Leon1970, it is absolutely the best skin I've ever seen! Great car, nice colours, fine work. Thanks for it!

There is only one little problem: I like to have the clock in 24h format. Is it possible to sort it out? Just tell me which part of the xml should be edited, I'll do it for myself. Thanks!

EDIT: I found it, now my skin uses 24h format 8)

Edited by s4tch

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest tojodick

Hi Leon, its a great looking homescreen, but i hate to be the anal retentive thats noticed the last accessed page has a spelling mistake. Accessed only has 2 s's in bud, not three. ;) Never the less, cracking homescreen.

I've seen a few guy's asking you to reproduce it using different cars, but i'd like to ask if you could do it with a Kawasaki Z1000. Being a biker myself :twisted: , i'd love a decent homescreen with my favorite bike of the moment! (Not the green though, but any other colour is cool).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.