Author :: Paul [MVP]

Category :: Computer

Description ::

msnsplash.jpg

Features

CAB format

Internet Time

World Time

Uses RJHtml plugin to display various HTML pages.

News Tickers (World News, Sport, Entertainment)

Weather

3 Custom Pages (User configurable)

MSN Buddy List (currently only 4 allowed, will become multipage)

Multipage-like appearance, with no lag.

(some php eg weather + the custom pages still outstanding, these are coming soon)

Note: Custom 1/3 currently displays LIVE results from EURO2004... click to refresh.

Skinned screens include:

Startup/Shutdown Screens

Windows Media Player

Error Screens

Dial Screens

Programs Menu

Comments

IF YOU ARE A PLUS MEMBER, DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION, INSTEAD INSTALL THIS VERSION + PLUGIN HERE

Installation

1, YOU MUST install RJHtml Plugin from this thread.

2, Then install MSN Homescreen (choose one from the list below which best describes your device)

3, Reboot phone

4, Once loaded you can set up your buddy list (and soon set up weather location and custom page feeds) by going to MSNHome favourite in Pocket Internet Explorer.

If the background image does not display immediatly after install, or the HTML does not display, go into Settings > Homescreen and change the homescreen to a different one. Then, go back into Settings > Homescreen and select MSN again.

If you install the Windows Mobile 2003 Locked version, you will have to manually select the MSN homescreen, and change the background image and colour scheme to default.

Instructions

To open any of the clock options/HTML page press right or left with the plugin highlighted and press action.

PLEASE NOTE: RJHTML IS A PLUS ONLY BENEFIT, AND AS SUCH, THIS HOMESCREEN FEATURES ENCRYPTED URL'S. TO GET RJHTML PLUGIN AND CREATE YOUR OWN PLUS HOMESCREENS, YOU MUST BE A MODACO PLUS MEMBER.

Updates

27/06/2004

Added Smartphone 2002 version with no extras

27/06/2004

Added Weather Config and Weather Page

View File

Guest midnight

devinh, ive made it so it doesnt auto-refresh, so should only grab more html (thus costing more) if you so wish, and of course it costs nothing if on pass-through, or free gprs

Guest g4mb17

Love it again, very nice colour scheme. and i love the start menu background.

Just trying to get the first screen (date/world time/...) working any tips? the News/weather/sport ones are fine. hmmmm....

Ahhh mybad, i always download the 2002 versions of plugin's and have a 2003 phone, it usually works - but not this time. sweet.

and i see that "MSNHome.url" aka 0MSNHome.023 is in the .cab file twice.

riki

on the homescreen i still get the

Email (0) SMS (0) MMS (0)

ive tried fixing that bug though the registry, but it doesnt seem to work.

Im running the latest firmware.

I just cant seem to fix it.

Can someone help?

Guest nickcornaglia

What does: "Utilitising a special runtime version of the Exclusive MoDaCo Plus plugin 'RJHTML' by RemyJ" mean????

I like the color scheme, though some programs like SmartExplorer look funny.

I love the functionality of the homescreen layout...though I'm not a huge fan of the MSN graphics. Why did you select that as the theme? Are you trying to make a sale to Microsoft? (read as encece being curious, not sarchastic).

Anyway...extremely well done, especially on the backend data that you provide. I hope I can eventually learn to play with RSS & php so that I could provide myself some customized options in the future.

I glad you guys developed the plugin. It's sure to pave way to an exciting path for future homescreens....when more people have it in their hands. I look forward to future skins from you.

Has anyone considered combining this with the Orange Plugin on the e200s? Would that may open more layout possibilities.

I may get alot of flack for this...but I dont totally agree that this should be a plugin that you can only get thru MoDaCo Plus.

Anyone remember THIS THREAD???

Viva la MoDaCo for commissioning RemyJ to create this plugin! Viva la Midnight for taking the time to help develop ways to present it.

I'm all for helping Modaco drive up subscriptions by offering extra value for the yearly fee. But plugins are plugins, no matter how innovative, and should be available to all Smartphone users whether they pay for a Modaco subscription or not.

Sincerely,

A proud ModacoPlus Member :D

Guest zeta101

Will the plugin be released on its own by remy for a small fee at some point btw? I remember this being announced in the modaco3 thread and its been a while already.

(i cant afford £25, and it is an insane amount to pay for a plugin, since none of the other modaco plus benifits are of any use to me really :D)

ill enjoy checking out the innovation of the plugin, but i dont think this is a homescreen id use, dont like the "msn-ness" of it, im sure a lot of people will like it though :D good work midnight (and remy)

Guest midnight

it's done as MSN because of the buddy list implementation and because we wanted to show MS what they should be doing as standard in Windows Mobile phones, call it a 'wake up call' if you like.

Encence, if there are no plus only benefits, whats the point of Plus :D

I have actually suggested maybe a version for the public with cut down functionality (say only 3 html pages in the plugin, and only one instance of the plugin available on screen?)

Guest drblow
it's done as MSN because of the buddy list implementation and because we wanted to show MS what they should be doing as standard in Windows Mobile phones, call it a 'wake up call' if you like.

Encence, if there are no plus only benefits, whats the point of Plus :D

I have actually suggested maybe a version for the public with cut down functionality (say only 3 html pages in the plugin, and only one instance of the plugin available on screen?)

Well, I think this is great!! As a plus member, I've had the MSN beta homescreen & RJhtml plugin for a while, and it is an amazing new addition to the homescreen.

The fact that there is a cut down version now available to everybody is an excellent idea. I agree with encece in principle, and I was one of those not in favour of the clock plugin which had to be paid for (I think it is fairly indicative of people's take up of paid-for plugins that the clock plugin has never featured in any homescreens here), but it is absolutely the best way to offer a lesser version for free, and keep a special one as a plus benefit. That way I think everybody is catered for. Well done Midnight!!

I have to agree 100% with the comments about microsoft - they SHOULD notice this, and they SHOULD feel it is a kick in the arse to produce standard homescreens that are dynamic & interesting. But then, it's fun for us to see how much better modaco can do thatn the people who own & write the actual software!! :D

Guest jmrecanize

Kick@ss homescreen, however in the buddylist page, no people come up, just a blank screen with the messenger icon. Is there any way to insert contacts into it. Ive tried connecting to messenger through the .exe and then checking and still no luck.

Guest TANKERx

I'd buy that since I'm into simple, non-cluttered homescreens and one HTML element would do me just dandy. I could find a use for the HTML thing, but the cost of Plus doesn't justify me joining just for that and I can't be having all that MSN stuff on my screen even though this homescreen is very nice (I must consider my street cred ;-) ).

Guest prouti

We (french people) have some problems when we want to install this skin on our smartphone SPV 1 or SPV E200.

You can see it here :

http://www.mobinaute.com/mobinaute/article...222638#comments

It seems that even if our smartphone are unlocked we can't install the unlocked version and the locked version can be installed but does'nt work..

Is there a way you can do something ?

Actually if we want to install your skin on a unlocked E200 or not we have to copy some files (http://www.mobinaute.com/MSN.zip) in the MSN directory..

Can you do something for us ?

Guest midnight

jmrecanize, you need to add the buddies using the web interface, go to MSNHome favourite in PIE :D

TANKERx, as explained, its to show MS what they should be having on the MS Smartphone by default :lol:

Theres MoDaCo 3 homescreen for Plus members that also uses the RJHtml plugin and I will be doing more so watch out for those :D

Guest Demonico
It seems that even if our smartphone are unlocked we can't install the unlocked version and the locked version can be installed but does'nt work..

First of, this looks GREAT! And a very big thanks for releasing the limited version for all of the non-plussies :D

I'm a Dane, and I have the exact same problem. The unlocked version apparently doesn't have sufficient rights. It WILL try to install, but comes up sayin' that installation failed because the program lacks system rights. I've got an unlocked SPV E200, and I've installed tons of other, unlocked programs. Any chance this could be fixed?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.