2003 update for i600 on July 12th?

Guest williamwoods

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Karch

I called Verizon Tech Support, and this rep was clueless. I came across the info below at http://msmobiles.com/news.php/2801.html. It doesn't really identify the actual technician, but may be helpful:

Smartphone 2003 ROM upgrade for Samsung i600 delayed

July 13, 2004 [MS Smartphone]

Suffering and frustration of users of Samsung i600 smartphone continues... ... as Verizon Wireless informs users that they have to use older software even longer:

We understand your frustration and apologize for the delay in waiting for the Smartphone 2003 update. As part of our Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact us. We are happy to assist you with your inquiry.

The update was scheduled to become available today, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it was necessary to postpone the release one more week. The update will be available as a download from our www.verizonwireless.com website, or from select retail stores, next Monday, the 19th of July. Customers that are currently using one of our PDA/Smartphone data plans will be entitled to the upgrade free of charge. Customers without a PDA/Smartphone data plan will be required to pay $15 for the update. After October 1st, all i600 users will be required to pay $15 for the update. Please check our www.verizonwireless.com website on Monday for more information.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime through e-mail using the address of [email protected]

Guest pmerritt

I wonder how Verizon can REQUIRE for you to pay $15.00 for the OS upgrade. Something about that just sounds wrong, I don't ever remember anything in the contract that even covers something like that. I'll be getting the upgrade of course but I just don't like when companies force you to pay for things.

Guest Nukl3ar

The $15 price tag for the upgrade is only for those who are not currently enrolled in a plan which allows them to access the web. At least that is what I'm told.

Guest mark_k
I wonder how Verizon can REQUIRE for you to pay $15.00 for the OS upgrade. Something about that just sounds wrong, I don't ever remember anything in the contract that even covers something like that. I'll be getting the upgrade of course but I just don't like when companies force you to pay for things.

So tell me, Where can I get a free upgrade for my PC from W2000 to WXP? I just hate it when we have to pay for Operating System upgrades for my MicroSoft devices.

:shock: