help my MPx 200 has died!

Guest soundoff

Guest soundoff

While trying to load an app the phone got stuck. I rebooted but it wont go past the HELLOMOTO screen. I removed and re-inserted the battery and turned it back on with no success-still stuck on the same screen. I have only been a Smartphone owner for one month and I dont know what to do. Please help. thanks! :P

Guest martin

You probably need to do a hard reset.

Basically make sure you have a charged battery and then bootup the phone while holding down the blue button and select yes for master reset.

Note: The reset procedure itself takes several minutes so be patient (even if it looks like it's stuck don't pull the battery).

Guest Sasuke

if all else fails, have you tried doing a hard reset?

turn off you phone. press and hold down the left navigation key and power on your phone. it will ask if you want to do a master reset, answer yes.

warning! - you will use everything on your phone as it will be set back to factory settings.

Guest soundoff

Thank You! Oh well, that's a bummer. I sure dont look forward to installing everything again. Does this phone running on 2003 eliminate or reduce this problem?

Guest martin

Since it happened while you were loading an app then maybe you were running low on phone memory. Did you notice any slow down of the OS before the problem occured ?

I generally delete any old homescreens on the phone before installing a new one and I also make a point of saving ALL WAV ringtones and apps to SD card. So far my phone has had very few problems problems :P

Guest soundoff

well, I did as instructed and I am back in business. Took 2 hrs to get everything back on the phone. martin~ I dont recall the phone slowing down when I installed but I will use your tip the next time I install.