Take off Alert when installing a program?

Guest Godfather

Guest Godfather

Is there any way to take of the alert confirmation that says that the program you are about to open comes from an unknown source, would like to continue? It's driving me nuts everytime I go to open a program that wasn't preinstalled it tells me this message all the time. Can I take it off?

Guest midnight

and its done on purpose, this is so that non-signed applications request to be installed so that no malicious applications (such as a virus) can be installed on the device. This is the new method implemented in Windows Mobile 2003, the old method in Smartphpone 2002 (implemented by Orange) simply did not allow you to install the application at all, and required the application to be signed before it was run (unless you unlocked the phone via the O website)

Guest jcjdoss
and its done on purpose, this is so that non-signed applications request to be installed so that no malicious applications (such as a virus) can be installed on the device. This is the new method implemented in Windows Mobile 2003, the old method in Smartphpone 2002 (implemented by Orange) simply did not allow you to install the application at all, and required the application to be signed before it was run (unless you unlocked the phone via the O website)

That's good enough for me

Guest Godfather

I never ran into that problem of not allowing me to install a program on the W2002. Just that everytime I go to open a program that I put on the phone it comes up. I use the quickrestart and close all programs program and the alert comes up everytime I open them. But if there isn't a way to take it off, then I will have to live with it or wait till they become signed.

thanks for the help!

Guest awarner [MVP]

The reason you did not get it on 2002 is because it is less

locked (application) down than 2003.

2003 allows you more initial flexability before decerting is needed.