Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest ninjaw
Can someone post the last version before version 1.0 ?

Since version 1.0 i can no more use the TG16 emulator, hardware buttons controls no more work. :D

bitbank, why you pay attention for the emulator on the Desktop PC ?

I am pretty sure, no one need because some other emulators exist already with much better compatibility and

speed.

A very disappointed (female) user.

Anna

so disapointed you forgot to mention your mobile

I bet he works on pc to help making the software without all these mobile specifics ?

Guest upurii

Hi it's me again.

I have a suggestion, i have try to install msartgear on my Stockage card (on the Qtek 8500) but it only create folder on it, the program still installed on the phone. So can you support storage card for the installation ?

Thx

Guest ninjaw
I have a suggestion, i have try to install msartgear on my Stockage card (on the Qtek 8500) but it only create folder on it, the program still installed on the phone. So can you support storage card for the installation ?

it does, on foreign mobiles it was corrected on PPC, maybe the bug wasnt modified on the smartphone version ?

Guest rushmore
it does, on foreign mobiles it was corrected on PPC, maybe the bug wasnt modified on the smartphone version ?

LB,

After testing further, this 1.0 version does seems to have even less Genesis compatiability (no Cannon Fodder now-example) and the key maps only appear to work properly for the NES map. Each map is set for the same keys, yet only the NES seems to notice the keys properly. No TG16 makes me sad.....

The ability to edit each system is cool, but unless an update comes soon to fix the current issues, I will be going back to the previous version I had on my laptop- If it is still there.

Must be some systemmic issues with 1.0, because I did not have these problems before.

I appreciate it takes time to make fixes, so any chance of posting the cab file for the version prior to 1.0?

Thanks

Edited by rushmore

Guest bitbank
1) Crysis Force is one of the mapper #23 games that has corrupt sprites and locks up.

2) I can also confirm that the TG16 key map does not work. Can not get past the menu screens, just as someone else reported. Only one that seems to work as it should is NES.

3) Also, games that did actually work on the Genesis now do not. One example is Cannon Fodder. It played great, but now crashes Smartgear and goes to the windows screen.

I am going to look for an earlier version on my laptop, since I know two versions ago worked great, in spite of no mapper #23.

Note: The map for TG16 shows it is mapped as I defined, but does not work. Again, the only one that seems to work correctly is the NES map.

I am able to reproduce some strangeness with the key definitions. I'm on the road today, but tonight I'll do my best to come up with a fix and release a new build. I'll also see what's happened to the Genesis code.

NES Mapper #23 worked fine when I tested it. Does it have problems immediately or only later in the game?

L.B.

Guest bitbank
Can someone post the last version before version 1.0 ?

Since version 1.0 i can no more use the TG16 emulator, hardware buttons controls no more work. :D

bitbank, why you pay attention for the emulator on the Desktop PC ?

I am pretty sure, no one need because some other emulators exist already with much better compatibility and

speed.

A very disappointed (female) user.

Anna

Hi Anna,

I guess I rushed the 1.x.x version before I had fully tested it. I wanted to see mostly the reaction to the new per-system settings and how everyone liked/disliked the way I implemented it. I'll have a fix for the new problems hopefully tonight.

The Desktop PC code exists because I use it. Since I don't really make any money from this project, it's purpose is to please me. I use the desktop version for testing and I like to play the games with my kids. I released it thinking that there is someone else out there who feels the same way. Yes, there are emulators for the Desktop with more compatibility, but I haven't seen a good multi-system emulator like SmartGear even for Desktop Windows.

I'm really not sure why you're so disappointed. I am constantly trying to improve the program and add new features. I don't have a team of QA people checking for regression errors, but I am always quick to fix new problems that I introduce. Luckily there are many other people on Modaco who have an appreciation for my situation and my efforts to improve SmartGear.

L.B.

Guest rushmore
I am able to reproduce some strangeness with the key definitions. I'm on the road today, but tonight I'll do my best to come up with a fix and release a new build. I'll also see what's happened to the Genesis code.

NES Mapper #23 worked fine when I tested it. Does it have problems immediately or only later in the game?

L.B.

In Crysis Force, as soon as you start scrolling up, the sprites are corrupted and then the game locks up and I have to cold boot.

Guest rushmore
Hi Anna,

I guess I rushed the 1.x.x version before I had fully tested it. I wanted to see mostly the reaction to the new per-system settings and how everyone liked/disliked the way I implemented it. I'll have a fix for the new problems hopefully tonight.

The Desktop PC code exists because I use it. Since I don't really make any money from this project, it's purpose is to please me. I use the desktop version for testing and I like to play the games with my kids. I released it thinking that there is someone else out there who feels the same way. Yes, there are emulators for the Desktop with more compatibility, but I haven't seen a good multi-system emulator like SmartGear even for Desktop Windows.

I'm really not sure why you're so disappointed. I am constantly trying to improve the program and add new features. I don't have a team of QA people checking for regression errors, but I am always quick to fix new problems that I introduce. Luckily there are many other people on Modaco who have an appreciation for my situation and my efforts to improve SmartGear.

L.B.

LB, Anna's note may have came across that way if English is not her first language. I have experienced this many times, but still impressed because I am poor with my native language of English!

Edited by rushmore

Hey bitbank, i just want you to know that you are the man. I am looking every day on this topic (this is my first replay though) because your emulator is the best there is for smartphone. I really respect you on how much time and effort you take for this software. I can't wait to see when snes games will be working with this emulator.

Regards from Holland!

Guest dario69

L.B.

Definite appreciation. Been a long time follower of your emulation efforts since the late 90's with my Casio E100. I can still see that website of yours with the mame emulation. I checked it often hoping to see you release that emulator since Techmaster's MameCE was okay, but a little slow. You gotta make a living so I wasn't too upset to see you release your titles through official channels. Bought most of them.

It is about quality and speed - which your titles delivered. Only a few developers come to mind when it comes to understanding the underlying hardware and video nuisances of these PDA's. You, PocketTV Team (well, back when they were around) and Picard with the original BetaPlayer (now CorePlayer).

If you ever released your mame emulator I would by it in a heartbeat just like I did with Smartgear.

Guest bitbank
In Crysis Force, as soon as you start scrolling up, the sprites are corrupted and then the game locks up and I have to cold boot.

I'm able to reproduce this on the ARM code, but not on the Desktop PC, so this is a bug in the ARM 6502. I'll try to fix this later in the week.

L.B.

Guest bitbank

I've just uploaded 1.0.2 which should fix the button problems. The bug was introduced when I added definitions for the 6 buttons of the SNES and didn't line up all of the normal buttons from the other systems. Please let me know if it's fixed.

L.B.

Guest dario69
I've just uploaded 1.0.2 which should fix the button problems. The bug was introduced when I added definitions for the 6 buttons of the SNES and didn't line up all of the normal buttons from the other systems. Please let me know if it's fixed.

L.B.

PC Engine button issue resolved. Thanks.

One observation. Loading up the first game the buttons did not work. I had to go to Define Keys. I didn't change anything, left the mappings alone but then clicked okay. After that is was okay. I guess you might need to "reload" the settings for lack of a better term.

Guest CharlyV

Hello Larry,

can you support .FDS (Famicom Disk System) games with the functions " Insert/Change Side/Eject " ?

I think it is not a big deal.

I remember me, some older emulators for the Pocket PC support it :

PocketNester, NesCE, NesterJ4U,...

They need to have " disksys.rom " (8KB) in same folder.

Edited by CharlyV

Guest rushmore

L.B.

1) Thanks for the speedy fix!

2) Cannon Fodder now works again as well (Genesis).

3) I will not try mapper #23 again until you say it is fixed (locked my Dash up the last time I tried- so not trying now).

4) I will would be happy if you improved Genesis and then SNES. Ton of great games on both systems.

5) Since the Neo Pocket uses a 6502 cpu, are you certain it would be a problem to work on down the road? It was designed for pocket games and there are a lot of very good games on it. Just asking.

Guest rushmore
Definite appreciation. Been a long time follower of your emulation efforts since the late 90's with my Casio E100. I can still see that website of yours with the mame emulation. I checked it often hoping to see you release that emulator since Techmaster's MameCE was okay, but a little slow. You gotta make a living so I wasn't too upset to see you release your titles through official channels. Bought most of them.

It is about quality and speed - which your titles delivered. Only a few developers come to mind when it comes to understanding the underlying hardware and video nuisances of these PDA's. You, PocketTV Team (well, back when they were around) and Picard with the original BetaPlayer (now CorePlayer).

If you ever released your mame emulator I would by it in a heartbeat just like I did with Smartgear.

MAME by L.B. would be HUGE! (By HUGE I mean real good).

Edited by rushmore

Guest rushmore

Poblem with Genesis, since it appears to have the same problem that TG16 did. Can not start games. Cannon Fodder does not crash the system, but can not start that or any game (just like TG16 with version 1.01).

Perhaps save the fix for when you update mapper #23?

EDIT: Not excatly the same problem, since it does work, but the start and select buttons seem mixed up.

Genesis is not that much of a biggy now though- at least until more games work, which I am looking forward to.

Based on the games I have tried, Genesis is at about a 20% rate of working with games. Not bad, considering it is more a bonus, right now.

As I have stated before, TG16 alone makes it worth the money- so it is all a bonus to me!

Edited by rushmore

Guest bitbank
MAME by L.B. would be HUGE! (By HUGE I mean real good).

It's funny you should mention this. Please don't call it MAME. My HIVE code has been evolving ever since 1997 and currently supports over 350 games. The Windows Mobile version also supports over 350 games, but probably half of those run well on 195Mhz OMAP devices. Some 68k games are playable, but pretty much anything with a 6502,6809,Z80 runs well on my code. I use HIVE_CE as a prototyping tool for developing my commercial emulators. I just released a bunch of titles to Konami that are available through PocketGear. I am working on a few more titles for them and hopefully Namco will allow me to release more for them as well. I'm also looking into some more Desktop PC emulators for Capcom games based on HIVE. I also have a few Taito titles waiting to be published which should appear in the next month or so.

It's unlikely I would ever release HIVE_CE to the public, but rest easy knowing that it's alive and well :D

L.B.

Guest rushmore
It's funny you should mention this. Please don't call it MAME. My HIVE code has been evolving ever since 1997 and currently supports over 350 games. The Windows Mobile version also supports over 350 games, but probably half of those run well on 195Mhz OMAP devices. Some 68k games are playable, but pretty much anything with a 6502,6809,Z80 runs well on my code. I use HIVE_CE as a prototyping tool for developing my commercial emulators. I just released a bunch of titles to Konami that are available through PocketGear. I am working on a few more titles for them and hopefully Namco will allow me to release more for them as well. I'm also looking into some more Desktop PC emulators for Capcom games based on HIVE. I also have a few Taito titles waiting to be published which should appear in the next month or so.

It's unlikely I would ever release HIVE_CE to the public, but rest easy knowing that it's alive and well :D

L.B.

I use CultMAME which plays a lot of games I did not think possible to play full speed on a Dash. Then again, I did not think the TG16 was possible on a Dash and you proved me wrong, since it works great.

When do you think the Genesis code will be improved to increase the number of games that work? A lot of them do not load and says "unrecognized file". They all load using Picodrive, but most have glitches or play slow.

Thanks

Edited by rushmore

Guest rushmore
Hello Mr. Bitbank,

is it possible to make a special Versions for the Gizmondo ?

With best regards

Jens

L.B. Cannon Fodder for the Game Boy Color loads, but locks up when you go to play a level. Any chance of taking a peek and seeing if it can work in an update?

Thanks

Guest annawu

SmartGear 1.02 PocketPC version

GameGear

Game : Sylvian Tale

After game start and introduction, sprites goes messy

With CEgg, the game run very well.

post-198623-1205945154_thumb.jpg

post-198623-1205945169_thumb.jpg

Edited by annawu

Guest annawu

SmartGear 1.02 PocketPC version

MegaDrive

Game : Phantasy Star 2

Hardware button control for Start is not working on right way.

If I press Start, the game start screen comes again.

With Touchscreen control, the Start function is working.

Edited by annawu

Guest bitbank

So many posts... Thanks to everyone for the bug reports and words of encouragement. Some good news today - I fixed the 6502 bug preventing "Crisis Force" from working and probably other NES games as well. I'll be looking at all of the bugs reported here and try to have a new build before the weekend.

L.B.

Guest dario69

L.B.

HIVE. Yeah, now I remember. Sorry for calling it Mame. Especially since it was completely different code. I tend to lump all arcade titles under the Mame umbrella.

Glad to see the Hive engine expanding even further. Thanks for the heads up. I will check out the new releases. And thanks for releasing Mappy. One of my favorites.