Processor Speed of Mpx220

Guest duncan888

• 2 weeks later...
Guest squall

msmobiles says alot of things....

As mid said its pratically the same as the c500, but i understand it has a seperate graphics chip, whereas the c500 only has one processor.

Besides lets put this in perspective, the mpx220 is not going to be faster than my xda2

Posted from my SmartPhone!

msmobiles says alot of things....

As mid said its pratically the same as the c500, but i understand it has a seperate graphics chip, whereas the c500 only has one processor.

Besides lets put this in perspective, the mpx220 is not going to be faster than my xda2

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Most of the time they are right. And remember, the XDAII or Qtek 2020 has more RAM.. But how strange, my VOQ (xScale 200Mhz) is MUCH faster than my friend's Dell Axim X5 (xScale 300Mhz) we did both a DivX benchmark with a 320x240 512kbps movie. He scored 75% and I 101%.

Guest awarner [MVP]

You cannot really compare the VOQ and Axim as they are running different OS, screen size and the memory is handled differently as well.

Also the x5 is now two years old now so is a bit dated on the technology side.

A practical question. I have 2200 Contacts in Outlook that have led to a major disappointment with my MPX200. This many COntacts simply prevents the phone from processing any Caller ID functions. Just a select few of my frequent callers actually get identified on the esternal screen, and even fewer get the ringtone assigned to them. No form of Picture CallerID software can handle it either. Since No one from Motorolla to ATT to the software developers mentioned this before I bought it, I've been left witha phone that doesn't do what I was told it could do.

Yes, I know that's a lot of Contacts, but I've been building my Network for a quarter centurey , and I need to get in touch with them at the oddest times, often on the road. It's a Windows phone and Synching with Outlook is supposted to be it's selling point.

So after all that, my question is, has or could anyone with a MPx220 loaded up a Contacts Database close to this or bigger, and then verified it's performance? If it works, then I'm in for a new phone !

Thanks in advance.

MadSci