SPV C500 - Battery Life has Nose-dived! What's wrong?

Guest Kid Dynamo

Guest Kid Dynamo

I've had my SPV C500 for less than 2 months. Love it to bits. When I read the initial reviews it said that the battery life of this phone was now quite good. (I realise that they use a lot of power)

Now.... I don't use my phone a lot but the standby time on it has now:

DROPPED TO ABOUT 26 HOURS!

surely it has to be better thatn this. It was good at first - several days.

What am I doing wrong/have I done wrong?

All my power settings are minimal - screen time out etc. & I frequently close down the running programmes.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Kid Dynamo :cry:

I am starting to see the same thing (post update) - I amalways very careful with my battery life, but my phone seems to have lost a lot of battery life aswell ^_^

Guest fenderbomb

Check that the phone is actually powering off. I have the same issue in that my battery life went down when I realised that my phone was not fully "off". It shuts down and the screen goes blank but any button press will reveal the Orange Mountain shutdown screen (and a hung phone). Removing the battery is the only way around this.

Of course this all uses up juice if you don't spot it, hence poor battery life.

Guest Chaser81

I dont think it as simple as a phone hanging on switching off. Overall, I am impressed with my C500's battery life, but I have noticed that it can be quite erratic in how good it is. Sometimes after a full charge it can last up to four days off charge before running low. At other times, however, after another fresh charge, the battery barely lasts two days with similar usage. There must be something causing this erratic behaviour.

Guest Digital_Carnage

Mine still seems fine.

But i always make sure that there are no other tasks running in the background if im not using the phone.

Power management setting are factory default, use WMP quite a lot (on me way to work and home again), still get about 2-3 days before i need to charge.

Guest wookieloou

i've noticed that on my smt5600 and it's driving me crazy! it's down to about 24hrs with medium gprs usage. i don't know that the first several charges were initiated at complete drain of the battery. i've read and heard a lot about gsm battery charging memory. is there any good documentation based on SOLID proven evidence as far as battery life and charging patterns are concerned?

i've been told and told customers to fully reset the charge memory on most phones to let it completely drain 3x with full charges. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but it seems as though as soon as i started using the mpx200 car charger the problem has started. not sure if it's just timing or what, but i heard a few people say that this charger would not work correctly...

Guest jamie17

i've found that if you charge the phone and leave it connected to the charger once the battery life is full, the battery life is decreased but when you disconnect the charger the battery will last for up to four days. i've been told that this is something to do with the charger screwing up the phones ability to recognise how much power is actually left in the battery. maybe i've been duped with this explanation but the charger bit seems to work?!?

O.K, when I got the phone the battery life was great, now its nothing short of appaling.

Last night, I went to bed with a full charged phone (at 2am). I woke up at 11am and the battery was totally flat.

The same happened the night before, thats only lasting 7 hours and its disgraceful. :evil:.

I'm running pre software update,

Then take it back mate, sounds like you have a fault. Mine has NEVER been that bad!!

It was PayG from Littlewood, and as i ordered mid september, I dont think they will replace it?

Guest bartdesign

if a battery is that flat. Its faulty, i had it replaced too. just contact orange. btw. because of the lithium poly technology its best to charge your phone as much as possible. even when its 70%...

the more you charge the better the total battery time is.

Guest simonbratt99

hmm i had the same thing happen, bat was wonderful for about 6 weeks, then yea max of 2 days juice. Happened for about a week , but now its fine again. Maybe i took the bat out i cant remember. but its fine now.

I regularly close apps with task manager too before leaving it

Hi

Yep, C500 2 weeks old and up until a complete drain recently it was ok stayed charged for 4 + days. Now down to 2 bars after twenty four hours. Going to do some trials with apps on/ off.

What the best charge method ? little top ups or flatten it and charge it ??

Dave

O.K, when I got the phone the battery life was great, now its nothing short of appaling.

Last night, I went to bed with a full charged phone (at 2am). I woke up at 11am and the battery was totally flat.

The same happened the night before, thats only lasting 7 hours and its disgraceful.  :evil:.

I'm running pre software update,

Guess what, battery life is great again!

I think the problem was I had backlight timer set to 60 seconds and display timeout at 1 minute. Maybe some kind of on/off conflict was occuring while I thourght it was asleep? Maybe someone can test this. 8)

Guest austinmitchell

Not sure if this will help, but I noticed that if I left Simple Tunes running (but not actually playing an MP3), the battery life was terrible. If I quit the app, it was fine...