DVD's Freezing while playing!! HELP?!

Guest rockinscott

Guest rockinscott

Hi People, im new here :?

Im having problems with my SPV c500, when i try watching a dvd the 1st time i try it works but if i go back to watch the rest of it later the audio plays but the picture freeze's. I found that if i take out the mini sd card put it back in and turn the phone back on it works, but i have to do this each time i wanna watch it, i know its not normal, can anyone help me????? ^_^

Cheers

Scott

Guest radiator

How long have you let it run for? I'd try letting it run for a few minutes to see whether the video catches up...

I'm not sure how smartphone video's are encoded, but my first guess would be that it's a keyframe problem (not enough of them)...

:?:

Im having problems with my SPV c500, when i try watching a dvd the 1st time i try it works but if i go back to watch the rest of it later the audio plays but the picture freeze's.

It sounds like you might still have the GAPI problem. Try changing the Betaplayer settings to Options-Video-Video Driver-GDI.

The C500 GAPI problem was fixed with the recent Orange ROM update. Have you updated your phone yet ?

Guest rockinscott

Hi, thanks for the welcome and thanks for the reply's.

I am using beta player, and secondly i have let it run for approx 15 mins but was still on the title screen. And thirdly no i havent upgraded the phone yet, but i did just see the an update on coolsmartphone.com is this the one your talking about? I shall try it and see how it goes

Thanks again for your help

Scott